Published 6 months ago by Darren Hayes

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a fan.
This was bought as a gift for my brother but I am not a fan of Derek but I am of Ricky.
Published 7 months ago by Danny J

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece of modern comedy drama, prepare to laugh and cry, 13 Feb 2014
Darren Hayes "Diesel" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Derek - Series 1 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
After flicking through Netflix I came across this and thought it was worth a punt. I am not a fan of Ricky Gervais and to be honest never had much good to say about him as a comedian. Saying that, nothing really makes me laugh. I watched the first episode of this and continued right to the end. I think I can say that I have never watched such utter brilliance both writing and directing. Ricky has done a tremendous job and portrayed his character perfectly. Derek is loveable, funny and above all pure. As pure as a human could be. This made me laugh out loud and cry out loud. The final episode left me in floods of tears. After watching all of these back to back it has made me think about what I am doing in my life and left me giving thanks for everything that I have. This has got to be one of the most profound, powerful, funny, heart wrenching piece of modern TV comedy drama that I have ever watched in my entire life. The character Derek is played out so well it is really difficult to believe that Ricky is such as funny and annoying person in his own right. I hope that this wins multiple awards as it certainly deserves to. Am I a newfound Ricky Gervais fan, hmmm, don’t know about that but there is one thing for sure, I am a Derek fan and Ricky could not have done a better job if he tried. I would love to know how he researched and created the character. Well don’t Ricky, credit where credit is due. You made me laugh which is very difficult to do, and cry which is even harder. There is to be a second season but it had better be as good and I for one cannot wait to see it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!, 3 Feb 2014
Sarah. "Sarah." (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Derek - Series 1 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
What more is there to say? - you simply have to own this! No matter how many times I watch this it is always hilarious yet moving. Can't wait for the second series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Show, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Derek - Series 1 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Another Great show from ricky gervais. Karl Pilkington is great as dougie and the rest of the cast is superb. a great heart warming series and cant wait for series 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute best tv has to offer, 14 Oct 2013
D. Gilbert (Frozen Tundra) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Derek - Series 1 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Every episode will have you laughing and near tears at exactly the same time! Gervais is a genius; that's not hyperbole. I had no idea of his range as an actor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad but good, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Derek - Series 1 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is a great series featuring Ricky Gervais in one of his best roles, the series has some sad moments but it all fits in well. There are also some funny moments which make you laugh out loud. This is well worth purchasing as you can watch it again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 15 May 2014
This review is from: Derek - Series 1 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is so sweet and also so funny and moving, love Karl Pilkers in it also. Could watch it over and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious., 15 April 2014
This review is from: Derek - Series 1 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Big fan of the show. Watched it 15 times over on Netflix and was time to invest in the DVD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 9 Mar 2014
Edward S. Kurz "time profiler" (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Derek - Series 1 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Didn't have all outtakes but was brilliant. Nice transfer. Excellent Quality. Great Making Of. Highly recommend this purchase. Equali'y Street!

5.0 out of 5 stars Derek, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Derek - Series 1 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
What can I say its Derek. Plays the him so well. Just love it. Watched them loads of times and find I've missed things from laughing all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best new show I have seen in years, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Derek - Series 1 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This show is brilliant. It's funny and thought provoking in equal measure. I couldn't get enough of it, looking forward to the second series

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Derek - Series 1 [Blu-ray]
Derek - Series 1 [Blu-ray] by Ricky Gervais (Blu-ray - 2013)
9.00