Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 3 June 2013
After reading this book, that was recommended to me, I felt that I had read something that was written by Douglas Adams and Tom Sharpe whilst they were both drunk trying to outdo each other. The characters were charming and well developed. And the story was enjoyable and entertaining, leaving things perfectly set up for the sequel (I hope)
tI was a great romp through space with the most adorable bunch of misfits imaginable my only criticism is that it ended a little too abruptly, i would have loved it to have been a little longer.

But all in all a very good and enjoyable read. Its been a long time since i have been laughing in public whilst reading.
on 20 July 2013
The author has clearly been influenced by the likes of Star Wars, Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, Red Dwarf and more, but has managed to create his own universe, with great characters, witty names and engaging situations. The crew of The Seeker roam the universe looking for valuable stuff, like intergalactic versions of American Pickers. The book has a very visual feel, I'd love to see a TV or film version. I think John Silke, is really onto something here and I hope he writes at least one sequel!
on 27 April 2013
I'm not usually a fan of science-fiction, but having read John Silke's kindle book on Record Collecting (which is also worth reading) I thought I'd give this a try. "Diggers" is highly amusing throughout and is difficult to put down. Incidents with futuristic blow-up dolls "Growbots", the quest for a stolen artefact, sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll and many other amusing anecdotes along the way - I rate this book 5 stars.
on 27 June 2013
I really enjoyed this. First time from John Silks. Found it very entertaining, contains my sort of humour! Will look out for more books by him, he's got me hooked.