Style Name: HTC One|Colour Name: Black/Red|Change

on 25 September 2013
This is a bespoke case by HTC and a genuine product. The case fits the phone perfectly and when closed allows access to all the switches, the microphone headphone jack and charging port so you can charge the phone with the cases closed for protection. This is not a bulky case at all it only adds a small amount to the overall dimensions, the phone still feels very small in the hand and is now not as easy to drop or slip. The front cover is not held in place with a clip but neatly folds down every time, flat to the phone screen. I will be carrying the phone in my pocket or a bag so the lack of clip, for me, is no problem at all. The front cover has a soft inside and the back of the phone has full protection even when the front cover is not in place. Phone can be used whilst the case is closed so the cover does not get in the way at all.
on 6 October 2013
The case was initially good and worked as expected. A month later the outer coating on the case began to peel off. The leather effect material has now completely come off. Avoid!
on 27 March 2014
The case looks good and works well as a stand to begin with BUT as time passes its standing capability reduces so instead of standing at a proud angle it sags to a sad low flat angle.

But my main problem with this case is not its sagging, my main problem is that the cover of the case is falling apart, allow me to elaborate, the cover comprises of three parts: an inner red slip resistant cloth, a hard thin plastic middle and a black synthetic outer material. The red cloth and black cover are glued to the plastic middle and are glued to each other around the edges and this is where the design of this case fails. Because over time (in my case it took 4 months) as you put your phone in your pocket, bag etc the two outer materials will come apart, making what was once an elegant case into a shabby and sad looking thing.

I am having to buy another case to replace this...in my opinion this case has a design flaw, save your money and go for a different case,
on 7 June 2013
It feels very nice, some may say its cheap but I personally don't see or feel cheapness.

Some people say the creases make it look horrible but the creases are obviously because the phone has to
bend to go into the flip stand mode. I respect people don't like it but I don't think it looks horrible.

Red microfiber material is lovely for keeping the screen pressed against a smooth surface.

Some say it does not fit the case very well. I agree it does not feel like a tight fit but it is secure enough to hold the phone.
I tried swinging it to see if it would fall out tried a forceful push and it will not come out so it fits fine.

All in all it looks great feels great and is a compliment to a great phone.
on 12 September 2013
Mine came free when I bought the phone. It looked great on all the promo material so I was looking forward to getting it.

Initial problem: The cover flap has no magnets or clasp so it flaps about, not the end of the world I can live with that

Problem #2: The plastic trim which holds the 'leather' to the felt started to come off. Initially at the fold point but then in it's entirety.

Problem #3: With the trim gone the felt is now peeling off simply from going into and out of my pocket.

Problem #4: And this is the big one.. bearing in mind this phone has simply gone from pocket to pocket nowhere near any sand or soil, general pocket lint/grit/whatever has got between the case and the phone and has now left tiny pock-marks in the soft aluminium casing meaning that the case has ACTUALLY DAMAGED THE PHONE IT IS THERE TO PROTECT

Not happy at all. Lets just hope something techinical goes wrong with the phone and I can get a warranty replacement because at this rate resale value will have plummeted big-time.
on 18 September 2013
This is a nice looking case and works really well to start. However, give it a couple of months of normal use and it starts to go really shabby. The rubber around the edge starts to come away and the plastic starts to lose the black layer on top of it. Now the material on the front is coming away. The worst thing is that the one I bought has left tiny chips on the back of my phone where the plastic sits which I am really frustrated about - it's supposed to protect your phone from damage not actually be the cause of the damage!
on 30 August 2013
I give this product 5 stars because its exactly what I wanted, What I wanted was something that protected the screen while my new phone is in my pocket and this does the job. If you have it in your hand bag then maybe it wouldnt be the product for you becasue there is no catch to keep it closed. I also brought the screen protectors because of other reviews so if it ever does go in a hand bag I wont have to worry. Overall I would recommend this product and for the price its great.
on 24 September 2013
Actually a really good case and half the price than in the shops, result! Feared the stand wouldn't work with the case thought it would just slide down everytime but it doesn't, admittedly I am quite ginger with it, would recommend a screen protector with it.
on 15 June 2013
The case is better in real life than in the pictures. Although it is faux leather, it makes the HTC one very classy looking (even more than before). It's sturdy and doesn't feel like it will fall apart, but only time will tell. I've had this for a couple of weeks and will update this review in a couple of months to give a long-term test.
on 3 July 2014
Shocking for an 'official' product.

Not sure if all the 5 star reviewers wrote their comments after one week which to be fair would have been accurate. Urge anyone looking at this (or indeed the "HTC Double Dip Hard Shell Case for HTC One") to avoid at all costs because the build quality is so poor.

To be fair the hard case fared a little better but when that broke after 4 months I settled for the flip case.

First one lasted 2 months, and I got Amazon (who were excellent) to send a replacement.
Second one lasted...eh yip, 2 months and I got Amazon (who were again excellent) to give me my money back

All those who got this case and it fell apart I suggest you get on to Amazon. Maybe that way we will get HTC to take a look at the quality of their official products.

On the hunt for a new case...any recommendations?!