4.4 out of 5 stars1,658
Size: Single|Change

on 12 October 2013
Great screen, with big bold letters. The BT Freelance XT3500's we had before, were so bad, they were illegible.
Excellent sound quality. Great programming access so changes are easy. Answerphone can be dealt with from the handset, (which also displays a 'message received') so you don't need to go to the base station to listen or delete it.. Happy to recommend this model by Panasonic.
0Comment|227 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 September 2013
Then read the reviews of other purchasers, which was reassuring. Looks smart ! better than the previous BT hand sets we had. So easy to set up, and started using even before the battery was fully charged. Clear sound, and noise control feature helps. Quite a few ringtones to choose from. The feature which I liked best was - the phone book feature. I had to feed the contacts on one handset and it automatically appears in all 4 handsets. great! battery life is still to be tested its new , lets see in a year's time though.
Totally Satisfied with the product.
55 comments|257 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 June 2013
This product is a very useful for our lifestyle, only one small criticism, is that the instruction book,could maybe includ an 'Idiots Guide' to its operation? the instructions are there, it just takes much intensity to make full use of them, In our opinion!
on 28 April 2014
I purchased this phone based on the excellent reviews it got on Amazon. The phone is great and it was really easy to programme numbers and get all the settings sorted.
However, I found 3 things that bug me about it.
The first is the way the handset sits in the very small and lightweight cradle. It sits very upright (almost vertical) and I keep missing the charging prongs when I place it back on the base unit. My other phone - a Philips - had a much more sturdy base unit and the phone handset laid back into it more making it slip easily into the recharging position.
Also the Panasonic has loads of musical ring tones but I would prefer a proper ring tone, as even on the loudest setting, I found I missed calls if in another room as it just isn't loud enough. I have picked the loudest tone and volume for both but still find its not shrill enough. Musical tones can get lost in background tv/radio noise so I prefer a ringing sound. I have plugged my old Philips back in as although I can't use the broken handset it still rings so I have that to back up the Panasonic - not my intended plan and I'm glad I didn't bin the Philips!

Also the sound level on the answerphone is quite faint when playing back messages and its cut off a few callers in their prime too!

All in all a good phone but just not suitable for me and I wish it mentioned that it did not have a proper ring tone on it before I bought it. Given the opportunity I would have bought a replacement Philips had I known, as its given good service and lasted well.
11 comment|121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 August 2014
Had this set since January 2014 and it is easily the worst sound quality cordless set we have had.
I'm a big Panasonic fan generally and trust this brand (TV, Blu Ray player, Microwave etc etc) but this did not work for us so I'm now looking to get something better
on 13 November 2013
I bought this unit to replace my old Panasonic equivalent, which was still going strong, but after 5 years of faithful service the buttons are very difficult to use, due to wear and tear.

First impressions are that the build quality is ever-so-slightly inferior to the old model. The old one stood up on it's own, the new one is "modelled like a pebble, with curved round edges", I guess in an effort to make electronic devices less dated and angular, which I guess is no bad thing. It's just annoying that it won't stand up, lying down on it's back the speaker outlet is covered and therefore the ringer is muffled significantly. The display, buttons, and base are practically identical. The base is slightly smaller and lighter, with a stand protruding from the rear of the unit. The usual answerphone controls are present, along with a message counter (something the old one didn't have), showing clearly that you have new messages, the old one flashed to show a message, but unless you delete all messages straight away, there was no way of knowing how many were new/were on there already.

Generally no real concerns about build, the important thing is the audio aspects surely? Well, I'm afraid to say that like many others I feel the sound quality is inferior to the old unit. Voices sound muffled and background noise is amplified far more (like TV's or radios), there is a "Noise Reduction" button, but it doesn't work very well to be honest, just makes the voice on the other end quieter. I have tried turning the speaker volume up to the maximum but that doesn't do a great deal. As far as I can tell, Panasonic have done this in an effort to reduce power consumption. The old unit worked at crazy distances from the base unit, but chewed through the battery life as a result. You were lucky to get 3 days out of it with general use, if you forgot to replace in the cradle. As a direct comparison I have left this unit in the living room for 5 days, using a normal amount of around 2 hours or so a day, it's still going strong with 40% battery life left. I have enabled "Low power mode" which reduces power by 90% apparently, I haven't noticed a huge drop in performance, but a couple of times when the wife has been standing directly in front of the base unit, there is a fair amount of interference and signal breakup.

It seems strange that Panasonic would change a perfectly good design, in favour of an inferior one, but I guess it's all about POWER these days! To be fair the phone works just fine, calls are pretty standard, but I have noticed that I do have to ask people to repeat themselves more often, especially when speaking to people with thick accents, as these tend to become more muffled than most. To summarise:

Positives = Battery life, Number of ringtones, Answerphone features (remote access/control), Clear display, Call barring (needs caller ID service to work)
Negatives = Slightly muffled sound, not free-standing anymore, highly sensitive microphone picks up EVERYTHING in the room.

Basically, if you have owned an older version of this model, like me; you may be disappointed. If purchasing this unit for the first time, I'm sure you won't notice these minor flaws, as it is a perfectly functional phone, well designed with an abundance of quality features.
on 20 October 2013
these phones are great, apart from one thing, the highest setting on the ringer volume is still quite low and hard to hear if you are out of the room the phone is in, great backlight, very easy to see whose calling
0Comment|128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 November 2013
Purchased this model recently for home phone use. Very pleased with the product spec and value for money. Easy to set up and the Noise Reduction facility is helpful in removing background noise from the line. Would recommend product.
on 1 September 2014
I don't understand how this phone has received such good reviews from others. The sound quality is dreadful - muffled and quiet, even after adjusting the settings. What's more, messages on the answer phone are barely comprehensible. I sent it straight back and bought the BT3520 instead, which is excellent and has a similar design.
on 15 November 2015
I resorted to purchasing this cordless set based on the large number of positive reviews and due to lack of better options .It seems that cordless landlines house phones haven't advanced at all in design or functionality since the 90's.

Function-wise this phone is OK, it has all of the standard features; phone book, speaker phone fast dial pre-sets, answer machine. The screen looks like a early 2000s mobile. Not a big deal on a house phone but why cant we have the display technology available on all cheap mobiles these days?The build quality is OK although the phones don't sit well in the chargers (a bit wobbly). I could put up with this though.

The thing I found unacceptable about this phone is the terrible sound quality. Received sound is muffled and noisy and even with noise reduction switched on the sound is not clear. With NR switched on, NR threshold is too high leading to compression and unnatural gaps in audio.

I found this unacceptable and replaced the phone set with a Gigaset C430A pair. This has much much better sound quality; clear and loud, higher resolution colour LCD display, looks smarter and is the same price at time of review (£45) as the Panasonic set.

I spent several hours reading reviews before making a decision on this purchase. No phone available on amazon is without at least one reviewer saying "this phone has terrible sound quality its the worst phone I ever owned" the Gigaset C430A included. This is accompanied by every phone on the market with reviews saying "this is the best phone I every owned, it has excellent sound quality".

At the time I purchased this Panasonic phone set, there were over 800 5 star reviews and less than 100 below 3 stars. They cant all be lying?!

Who do you trust?

Trust me. This phone's sound quality is terrible. From experience, I can recommend the Gigaset C430A which is better phone all round at the same price point and my last phone was a Gigaset which also had good sound quality. There may be others out there which also do the job but don't go with this Panasonic, you will regret it.