4.0 out of 5 stars Very light
Very happy about how light they are and yet still great bounce on trail. One thing, they are what they say they are ie trail running shoes; unlike other running shoes you can't get away with using them in other contexts such as treadmill running, in-door exercise they really do not suit that purpose. They size just right so do allow for thicker socks or swelling feet.
Published 21 months ago by Delpy Maryline

3.0 out of 5 stars Runs larger than the WT10v2
Purchased these on sale for my significant other. According to her it runs slightly larger than the WT10v1 (both size 4 UK), but it's enough that she noticed the difference immediately. It is visibly a slightly longer shoe compared to the WT10v1.

The lower rating is for these sizing issues.
Published 20 months ago by snoxu

4.0 out of 5 stars Very light, 3 Jun. 2013
Delpy Maryline "melimelo" (France) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars NEW BALANCE, 9 Mar. 2014
Very soft, but not as soft as Merrell's. I would describe them as a little more compact. Great for running in hot summer on any terrain surfaces, they are "good looking" too ! You don't need socks to put on.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 21 Aug. 2013
It is very suitable for running. But it seems size is a little bit smaller than other shoes I bought

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe and good price, 16 Aug. 2013
Bought these as a trail partner to my Vivobarefoot's and ordered the 5.5 UK. These were a 38 when they arrived (which is a 5) but the fit was fine and I can wear a sock with them if I want to because they're slightly bigger than my Vivo's but the NB's are still light and flexible.

I agree with earlier reviewer that you need to break these shoes in slowly if you've not worn minimalist shoes before. I'm a recent convert to running and probably haven't had to worry as much about changing my running style to suit them as I've not spent years running in cushioned shoes - I also tend not to wear anything on my feet unless I need to, so my feet don't object too much to the midsole strike etc.

The shoes are well made and the mesh good and breathable. and although the sole doesn't look as sturdy as some of the barefoot trail shoes I've seen (including the Vivobarefoot Breatho) it's fine for turf, sandy conditions or light trails. I think if I wanted something a bit more durable I'd have to look at some other shoes but these are comfortable and fit well and at this price I'm tempted to buy another pair so I've got them in reserve. Looking forward to some days out!!

4.0 out of 5 stars great for summer and soft trails, 15 Aug. 2013
I was a little worried when these arrived with a label warning that use of these very flat shoes by someone unused to them could lead to calf and achilles injuries, and one should take care to get used to them very gradually. So , although impatient to take them on a long run, I did as instructed, and have worked up to longer runs over several weeks. I adore them; even on the shorter runs, I always get a PB when wearing them ( although this can't continue for ever, obviously), and they have always been comfortable. I run on varying terrains, and these are perfect for the sand and soft woodland tracks I find on the North Downs, but the sole is really too thin for wearing on very flinty ground that I sometimes encounter, and I've bruised the balls of my feet quite badly. I have wondered about putting half an insole in, just to protect my soles a little. I don't think the grip will be good enough for slippery mud, these are definitely summer shoes. Problem is, they have ruined all my other shoes for me - when I need to go back to wet /muddy shoes they feel very heavy and cumbersome. I got these at a great price from Amazon, and I don't know how long they will last - they are much less robust than my other running shoes, so I feel I should get some more pairs of these before the price increases again, and keep them as spares.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice shoe, 15 Mar. 2013
Very nice shoe but they are small in size had to go up a hole size from EUR 36 to EUR 37. Good service...

3.0 out of 5 stars Runs larger than the WT10v2, 18 Jun. 2013

The lower rating is for these sizing issues.

New Balance Womens WT10SP2 Trail Running Shoes