5.0 out of 5 stars A Vast Improvement
Sirenia is one of those bands where views on them are divided. There are a good chunk of people who like the darker, gloomier earlier stuff and never really like the direction Sirenia took since "Nine Destinies and a Downfall." And the other fans, I guess they don't care as long as the music is good. My position on Sirenia is mixed, I like the old stuff, thought "Nine...
Published 21 months ago by S. L. Strong

2.0 out of 5 stars OK if you like 'grunting' vocals
I received this cd very promptly after ordering.

I don't know anything about this band but thought I'd give it a go as I'm a keen Nightwish fan and guessed that there may well be similarities. The album popped up as a recommendation when I was looking at various cd's.

The girl who sings on this album has a beautiful voice. It fits in well with some...
Published 20 months ago by Alastair D. Bewsher

5.0 out of 5 stars supurb, 13 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Perils Of The Deep Blue (Audio CD)
excellent choice,love seven widows weep,my favourite song of the year,if your into this type of music i doesn`t disappoint ,.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok I guess, 28 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Perils Of The Deep Blue (Audio CD)
Prefer the earlier albums, but still worth getting whether your a fan or not. Some of the tracks are a bit too slow and quiet for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 10 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Perils Of The Deep Blue (Audio CD)
Its OK. A bit heavier for my liking. Stick to Edenbridge, Within Temptation, Delain, Nightwish & Serenity who are more melodic

4.0 out of 5 stars Back On Form, 28 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Perils Of The Deep Blue (Audio CD)
Sometimes one really needs to listen to an album a good few times before making an objective summary, especially with albums such as this where there are many layers and a lot going on within the music.
The best work of Morten Veland has never been instantly accessible; the first two albums by both Tristania and Sirenia bare this out. The last Sirenia album, The Enigma of Life was good but I have always felt Sirenia are better than good and when on form can produce some classic Gothic/symphonic metal to rival the best of Nightwish etc.

I think Perils Of The Deep Blue comes very close to being the best so far delivered by Sirenia. An album that although does not veer from its Gothic metal roots very much has enough variety to keep it interesting. A better blend of vocals is a big plus and there is some mean bass work which is not often a feature of this type of music. The orchestral and choral samples are superb and give the album its grand anthemic moments and provided depth and texture to a fine array of songs.
All in all, a very good album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sirenia, 6 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Perils Of The Deep Blue (Audio CD)
This new album has better sound like the latest albums, the first half of songs is excellent , but the other last songs of album is low boring, maybe because that rhytm guitars repeat, and some songs could be as shorter as longer. On the other hand, I think that Sirenia is still good on underground scene with modern sound. I recommend other fans to hear it !

5.0 out of 5 stars deeper than ever...., 13 July 2013
This review is from: Perils Of The Deep Blue (Audio CD)
Scary but true... Ailyn is now darker, more evil and wicked than ever. In fact Sirenia is now heavier and darker with better arrangements all probably thanks to the united front. This is by far the best Sirenia album to date. Ailyn sounds great and I'm impressed by her new outstanding vocal approach. And when an album sounds better with each playing, you know it is a good album. Horns up! Sirenia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty darn good, 15 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Perils Of The Deep Blue (Audio CD)
Pretty good album. I really like the theme of it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful mix, 4 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Perils Of The Deep Blue (Audio CD)
Their previous 2 albums were just fantastic. This one is a big disappointment. And not because of the music,but the vocal mix.It is so back in the mix ,you can not here much ,let alone understand a word what she sings about. What is the point to mix on album like this? Vocals should be on the front ,since that is the most important in any song. It is frustrating ,because this album is totally ruined buy this.Just listen Tarja or Arven's new album or Sirenia's 2 previous albums and you know what I mean. That is the way to record an album. Sirenia should not work with amateurs in a studio.They had a great production an their 2 previous albums ,so why change that?

3.0 out of 5 stars A little 'Samey' Sounding, 26 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Perils Of The Deep Blue (Audio CD)
After reading great reviews of this album I bought it, but I have to say that it sounds just like the others. Most of the songs seem to have the same kind of melody, though I do love the tracks Seven Widows Weep & Cold Caress. Maybe after a few more listens it may grow on me more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Much Better, 20 July 2013
Erin (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perils Of The Deep Blue (Audio CD)
First of all let me say that I am a fan of the old Sirenia. I thought that their first 2 albums were by far their best. I like music to challenge me. If I like an album on first listen then I know that it will not interest me for long.

So now to this album. It is a great improvement on 13th Floor and Enigma. Both of those albums were too easy, too commercial for my taste. I found all the songs a bit samey. There are a couple such songs on this album but overall it is more interesting with a greater variety. It is heavier than 13th and Enigma which I like. I can't give it 5 stars as it is not as good as '6s and 7s' or 'Elixir of Life' but it is a welcome step back in that direction. I am not a fan of Aliyn's voice but that is just personal preference.

Perils Of The Deep Blue
Perils Of The Deep Blue by Sirenia (Audio CD - 2013)
Click for more info