4.0 out of 5 stars Empowering, Practical and Heartfelt
have read bucket loads of Christian non-fiction books for years now, some are great, some are shocking and some are mediocre, lukewarm at best. Stasi Eldredge's new book Becoming Myself I actually found to be a lovely book and very inspiring. It wasn't a book I read in one sitting, I dipped into it over a few days, taking in a bit at a time.

Not many Christian...
Published 4 months ago by Maxine (Booklover Catlady)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, just not for me
Published 16 months ago by The Art of Steering

4.0 out of 5 stars Empowering, Practical and Heartfelt, 12 Aug 2014
This review is from: Becoming Myself: Embracing God's Dream of You (Kindle Edition)

Not many Christian books challenge me these days as often it's the same basic message, same scriptures and a lot of books can sound very similar. I did pick up new things from this book and took the time to think and pray on the things that the book talks about.

Again, like a lot of Christian books written it's part memoir and Stasi shares with us some of her struggles in childhood and adult life quite candidly, family of origin issues, issues of self-worth, acceptance of being a woman, relationships and marriage and self-image are strongly focused upon. Now that worked for me, because they are areas I have struggled in, so I related to a lot of it, others may not so much if those specific issues don't impact them personally.

The message is that God loves us as we are, and that in surrendering to Him we can be healed and be guided to be who we really are meant to be. That's a powerful and difficult process I know, peeling away layers of hurt, unforgiveness, trauma, pain, negative thinking to find the good stuff underneath. It takes courage. Stasi encourages us to seek God and trust Him with our most precious selves to begin to heal.

Interwoven with scriptural quotes to emphasise the message, Stasi has written a book that will and should encourage the women reading it. I found the prayers really great, prayers that you can actually use and say out loud for yourself. She touches on the most important issue of spiritual warfare and fighting the battle as a women of God, a daughter of the King, the apple of God's eye.

It's an easy, uplifting book to read, some books I find fall TOO far into a memoir category but Stasi balanced that nicely in this book that it's not just all about her, she shares the stories of others, real life women and biblical characters that we can learn something from.

If anything has been taken from this book by myself to heart it is that God loves me just where I am, and that the way I view myself, the way I talk to myself, the things I speak over myself can impact life. Women tend to be very hard on themselves, setting impossible standards to live up to. I will be taking note of things I learned from this book and applying them. I hope if you read the book you will do the same too.

It felt like I was sitting in a warm snug cafe with Stasi and she was telling me some of the stories in the book, I can see that her heart is to really send a positive message to women about becoming themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars enlightening, 15 Dec 2013
I can't recommend this book enough. I found it very thought provoking. Stasi writes from the heart and her words truly enter your heart. I have received such comfort and reassurance from this book. May you embark on this journey of finding yourself in Gods love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Sep 2013
I have not yet completed the book. But so far I am loving it. It is a great follow on from Captivating.

An encourage,met for all woman who want to know they are loved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, down to earth in sharing from her ..., 1 Sep 2014
This review is from: Becoming Myself ITPE (Paperback)
Very good read, down to earth in sharing from her own life. It touched many areas of my own life and gave me a clearer understanding of who I am and the person God is growing me to become.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reassuring, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Becoming Myself ITPE (Paperback)
Very easy to read, easy to relate to and very helpful - practically and spiritually. I would recommend it to all my female friends

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 9 July 2014
Savedxthemusic (Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Becoming Myself ITPE (Paperback)
Hoping to use this in the future for others to get free!

5.0 out of 5 stars A thoughtful book that I found helpful, 29 Jun 2014
I have bought this author's works before and have found her books very useful. They encourage you to think honestly about yourself. A good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars freedom becuse your worth it, 6 Mar 2014
the best book i ever enjoyed reading such love and freedom for release of your image on how your thinking and-feeling good value

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, just not for me, 18 Aug 2013
For those women who are looking to read a book about 'embracing God's dream' concerning them, this book considers various topics including the impact of their mothers on women, on fear, the company of other women and becoming who God has made us today. I am afraid, however, that this is not really my kind of book. I ordered it because unlike so many others in this genre I did not hate Eldredge's book (Captivating); unfortunately, though, I got bored by this one and didn't eventually finish it. However, I must stress that this is more down to me than the quality of the book - I have widely in this genre as well as a lot of popular Christian literature more broadly and, these days, I tend not to finish the books which don't engage me at some level. I do think that if you are looking for some material to read together with other Christian women this might be the kind of book which throws up some good conversations so it is worth considering, albeit not to my taste.

I received a free e-copy of this book from NetGalley in return for a fair review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful follow-up to Captivating, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Becoming Myself ITPE (Paperback)
This is a journey of discovering how amazing we all already are, right now, created in the image of our Creator. We are loved and known and are becoming even more beautiful in the amazing plan of God. Don't you want to know the biggest secret of all: That God loves you so deeply and perfectly!!