Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now

Format: Audio CDChange

on 15 June 2013
Contrary to the Amazon description, this is not a reissue of Rusty. It is however a very nice single disc remaster and repackage of all their single and compilation tracks, plus the sole Peel session. I had copies of around half of this stuff already but the sound quality here is as you would expect, far superior. I actually prefer some of this to the material on Rusty.
The highlight is the amazing Peel session- probably the best songs they ever recorded and here it sounds better than ever. Worth buying for that alone. There is also a download card for ten live bonus tracks- quality ranging from pretty good to a bit ropey but again worth checking out.
The packaging is a rigid and classy looking card foldout affair. I'm not normally a fan of this type of thing but this does look nice. It is frustratingly ineffective at holding the disc though- the simple act of picking it up sends your CD flying out the top and across the room. A curious design flaw.
If you're a fan of noisy Slint type stuff, this is a must.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 July 2013
I'm giving this five stars before I've even received my CD. I've got almost all the tracks on various compilations, singles and CDs but have waited almost 20 years to hear the Peel session again in its proper quality. Superb.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse