5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent weather station
Published 10 months ago by Lauren Kennedy

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish
My system was ordered via Amazon and I suspect I was sent a previously returned item as it had no protective packaging on any items, wires were not cable tied, there were no batteries, no instruction book and no software.
The clock is always wrong, pressure is suspect and forecast has not yet been correct. It also does not down load to a mac, my mac does not even...
Published 2 months ago by Paul Smith

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent weather station, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Weather Station Wireless WS3083 with USB Upload plus UV Index and Light Meter + Free 29 Page Setup eBook
Great value for money, a top weather station. The Aercus Instruments WS3083 is my second station, I also have a Technoline WS2350 (also known as a La Crosse WS2350). I bought the WS3083 because I wanted the addition of the UV/Light sensors which is hard to find. The WS3083 ticks all the boxes and is an impressive piece of kit for the price. It's every bit as good as the Technlone plus it has UV/light and a bigger data logger. Here's some tips:

The wind direction sensor has a small `N' `S' `E' `W', on the base so make sure you line those up with North, South, East West otherwise you will introduce an error into your wind direction readings.

The best batteries to use are good quality Lithium batteries. Alkaline are good too as long as it doesn't get too cold. Rechargeable batteries cause lots of problems as they are only 1.2V so avoid those unless you want signal fade.

The WS3083 has quite long cables for the sensors to allow you to mount the wind and rain gauges separately (wind sensors like unobstructed wind and rain sensors work best sheltered from the wind and lower to the ground). An ideal setup would be the transmitter sited under an eave, the wind sensors on the roof, and the rain gauge sheltered from the wind but not obstructing any rain. The reality though is that a lot of stations get mounted on roofs or corner fence posts which is often the best compromise and works fine for most users (including me).

I highly recommend you connect up to Weather Underground so you can see your weather station readings on your smartphone or tablet.

You can't beat the WS3083 for functionality and price, an excellent station.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up!, 10 Oct 2013
I have had other brands before what I like about this one is that all the sensors are mounted in the same place. I have them mounted 40m away and I have had no problems at all. There are all sorts of do’s and don’ts when it comes to locating the sensors but don’t get too hung up on those, at the end of the day you are measuring "local conditions" at your place and not regional forecast/conditions. It’s no Davis but you get what you pay for and this is a real good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very promising piece of equipment, 23 Feb 2014
Having worked with weather equipment throughout a teaching career I was sceptical about purchasing a mid-price weather station for home use. I read the customer feedback on Amazon and took a gamble on the WS3083. in advance of its arrival I received an email from Greenfrog Scientific offering an advice booklet on setting up a weather station. This was very clearly expressed and very helpful in its content. When the equipment arrived the instruction booklet included in the box was not as idiot proof and it could have been greatly improved by having a step by step approach to setting up the station. There is no substitute for following a numbered sequence of steps and pages 4 and 5 are very disorganised. Despite this it took only an hour or two to get the system working and it is now showing all of the data on the base station. The downloaded Cumulus software also works well. Only time will tell if the outdoor sensors are resilient but so far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Nov 2013
Mr. J. W. Sinclair (Gourock/Scotland) - See all my reviews
My wife bought me this station for my birthday. I am delighted with it. It has been collecting data now for just short of 3 weeks and gives a facinating insight into the "local" weather in my garden. Easy to set up and extremly accurate, i would recomend this to anyone with an interest in the weather.
The only two little niggles are that the mount for the rain gauge is a very small screw as opposed to a small bolt and nut as with the pressure reciever, anemometer and wind gauge. I have a slight worry that if i try and take the cover off the rain gauge to clean, on a cold day, the plastic could be brittle and the screw will fracture it. I have not yet got a web site on weather underground, and the instructions for doing so arte not the easiest to find. Apart from these two points this really is an excellent piece of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aercus Instruments WS3083, 7 Oct 2013
The WS3083 is an excellent and price conscious weather station. I have only had the unit 3 weeks but I can see that it is very accurate. The instructions are easy to follow and make setting it up simple (the placement of the polarity of the batteries is very important). All the readings appear to be very close to what is actually going on outside. The display is very nice and stands up straight on my desk so is easy to read. For this price you can't go wrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Weater station, 29 Sep 2013
Ok the weather station came on time.
It also came with what I want from a weather station
It's got uv light and light meter, comes with 1.5v batteries they are rechargeable and solar transmitter and the rain sensor has a sprit level

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool gadget, 7 Oct 2013
Works great. Easy to install and good customer service: the wind cups were broken upon arrival but I emailed Greenfrog and they sent a replacement straight away. After putting the batteries in this unit does the rest, just sit back and watch the changes.

I’ve connected up to Weather Underground which was easy. It's really cool when people at work use their weather apps and tell you what the weather is at such and such a place and then you bring up your home’s exact weather conditions and blow them away. Light and UV is a nice extra on this model too. Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 4 Jan 2014
Have set it all up. It was quite easy to do this but needed time to read all the instructions. The sensors are of ok quality but the wind direction monitor swings about a lot and could be damped. As we have had a lot of weather since Christmas, the sensors have had a good try out. The base station is easy to read and to set up, even for a non technical person. This was a gift and so far I am very pleased with it. I have not tried linking it with my computer yet so can't comment on that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Positive Review, 8 Oct 2013
This is another positive review of the WS3083 by Aercus Instruments. This is my second weather station and is a big step up from the previous unit. Very accurate out of the box and easy to install. The ability to interface with a computer is a real plus. I have connected up to WeatherBug and can view my info online. I would buy this unit again and have already recommended it to a friend who bought one and is also very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars reccomend it, 10 Oct 2013
R. Shah - See all my reviews
I always wanted to have a weather station and this one is just what I needed (has light/UV too which most don’t). Simple, affordable, reliable and accurate device. The assembly was pretty easy and also easy to read. The wireless control works perfect, very stylish and beautiful. I used Google Earth to align the wind sensor true north. I would recommend this unit to any weather watcher.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›