5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Deadpan is back
well to start with before I'm bombarded with negative comments for reviewing something that hasn't come out I was there at the show at the one being released for DVD :) just had to say that as I have come under fire for reviewing a film before actually watching it. (and let me tell you never again have I done that) :) anyway back to the review.
Been a huge fan of...
Published 13 months ago by Napalm_trickster

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit funny, but not a patch on his previous DVDs
Published 6 months ago by L. Miller

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit funny, but not a patch on his previous DVDs, 7 Jan 2014
L. Miller (Portsmouth, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jack Dee: So What? Live [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Ive got the previous (and excellent) Jack Dee box set and I also bought his book so I was looking forward to this DVD. Unfortunately, there's a real underlying feeling of slowness that dominates the recording. The crowd seem a bit lucklustre, Jack Dee seems a bit tired and the whole show just seems to go very slow. It's funny in places but no way near the intensity of his earlier work. The stories are so overlong that when the punchline comes along you've almost forgotten the build-up! Having said that, at 5 it's worth a punt, but I doubt I will get around to watching it more than once.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Deadpan is back, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Jack Dee: So What? Live [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Been a huge fan of Jack Dee remember watching his old DVDs and loved his style, so when the chance came up to actually see him live, me and the family tickets booked. It was a great night, Though Jack Dee has been away for awhile he still has it, that dead pan approach. But you can see how sincere and passionate he is about his craft. I was in stitches the whole evening. If your a fan of Jack Dee then this is a must, I would highly recommend this DVD, to have to hold till death do us part. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Very average, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jack Dee: So What? Live [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I'm a huge JD fan but unfortunately this cd/dvd just doesn't live up to the brilliant standard of his previous work.

Somehow it seems too slow & almost like he doesn't really want to make you laugh anymore. It's just a bit drab in places & Jack's intensity has gone.

All in all, poor content & not funny enough from someone we expect to be the very best.

Really disappointed in this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but no subtitles, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Jack Dee: So What? Live [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I saw this show live and greatly enjoyed it so bought it for my 90 year old mum for Christmas. She needs subtitles for easy watching so it was disappointing to find there weren't any. On the plus side Jack Dee is quite easy to hear so she did manage to pick up most of it as she has some hearing. Nevertheless what a shame to exclude so many people from enjoying a great comedian.

5.0 out of 5 stars lead balloon, 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: Jack Dee: So What? Live [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Jack back In the front line again. Absolutely brilliant. At his funniest best.seen his live show and didnt stop laughing

4.0 out of 5 stars Old favourote is back, 9 Dec 2013
G. Jones "Gareth079" (Brum, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jack Dee: So What? Live [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
It nice to see a guy that I used to love.. again I saw him live.. from the back.. much better on DVD to see his face... I enjoyed it.. maybe a little disappointed to how he used to make me laugh.. but still good and would watch again.. gets better as he rolls on.

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent showing from one of the absolute best., 22 Nov 2013
S Ablett "Orange Grunt" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jack Dee: So What? Live [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I loved him growing up and he is still great today. Its been a while since I saw his last DVDs and I will admit that I recall his earlier releases being comedy gold material while this DVD is closer to silver. But thats still very shiny indeed.

Its nice to see a comedian make intelligent jokes, which are based on a story whose punchline will come back to an earlier remark. Its cleverly scripted and Jack is superb at it.

I don't recall much swearing or crude remarks and I would be happy to watch this show on Christmas Day with my family. Out of all the stand-up DVDs released this year, if you were after a present for your mum which you know you will have to watch with her later - then this is most deffinetly that Dvd.
But its also a great show to watch with the guys with a few pints at hand.

A lot of the material is about his children and life experiences, so perhaps the people who will appreciate him the most are the ones that can relate to what he is saying and have children themselves. But I'm sure even the teenagers will enjoy the show as well.

Overall, its a good show and Jack is still one of the best comedians in the world.

4.0 out of 5 stars The view from www.drunkenmovieramblings.co.uk, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: Jack Dee: So What? Live [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I've been a huge fan of Jack Dee for quite some time now, both of his stand up (first saw him live nigh on 20 years ago) and his TV output, 'Lead Balloon' was a gem, so it was great news to hear he would be back on stage for the first time in over 5 years, but, has age and time mellowed our Jack and watered down his deadpan caustic wit?

It's a definite no!
As brilliantly mean spirited and sarcastic as he was 'back in the day' he spouts his every day grievances on subjects as wildly diverse as light bulbs, taxi drivers, Jesus as a teen, wind chimes, sex with donkeys ("I've got a carrot for you!") and teenagers ("having four teenagers has taught me that adolescence basically is a form of mental illness")

Just like Peter Kaye's comeback last year, this is top quality, entertaining, and very, very funny stand-up from a top performer. Welcome back Jack.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 26 May 2014
This review is from: Jack Dee: So What? Live [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Very good value for money. Very funny. Would recommend this dvd to anyone who love Jack Dee and wants to have a laugh. Thank You! x

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack is back!, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Jack Dee: So What? Live [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Yes, we are both big Jack Dee fans and his old, dead-pan humour is back. He feels like his comedy never ages and nor does his delivery of it. Some comedians change with the times and try to keep guessing what the audience wants but Jack knows and delivers in this DVD. Highly recommended. Only wish is that he did more comedy these days.

Jack Dee: So What? Live [DVD] [2013]
Jack Dee: So What? Live [DVD] [2013] by Jack Dee (DVD - 2013)
5.00