5.0 out of 5 stars There is life after Gucci Nobile
Having been a fan of various Gucci products over the years and so been disappointed as they have been withdrawn one by one, this one delivers!
Published on 30 July 2009 by J. Kennedy

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly Average
Well I picked this up in Boots for twice the price (lesson learned!) but I wouldn't recommend it even at the Amazon price.

Published 8 months ago by TomRHooper

5.0 out of 5 stars There is life after Gucci Nobile, 30 July 2009
J. Kennedy "Old Fart" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
The recent ones have had an incense smell, a little earthy, so I've avoided them but this one goes back to the heady quality days of Gucci pour Homme, Gucci Nobile etc, not the same but again a clean fragrance with style, also it lasts well. It does stand out from the crowd, you do get positive comments and it is 'Gucci' after all. If you like aftershaves such as Pecksniffs Oriental Chypre this is in the same league. A true 'mesters' fragrance that oozes quality!

JK

4.0 out of 5 stars Ordinary to me, but boy doesn't everyone love it!, 29 April 2014
The smell is good, but nothing extraordinarily good in my taste.
It is a bit too pretentious and present for me (although it is not at all overpowering, which is a good thing).
What I particularly like about this fragrance is that it does not become saturated and unpleasant no matter how much you spray it over yourself, so you cannot "overdo" it by mistake. With some of my past colognes, I had to be careful not to miss the sweet-spot of how much to spray on myself, not with this one.
Despite my average opinion of the scent, I do get a lot of complements on it, specially from the ladies. So I think for me it boils down to this rather philosophical question: do you wear colognes mostly for your own enjoyment or to appear pleasant to others.
I am happy with the purchase and the experience, but perhaps will explore more for future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 12 Feb. 2013
Excellent! Love it! Buy my partner some every year and love the smell went for a bigger one this year and was well worth it

5.0 out of 5 stars Mens perfume, 10 Jan. 2012
Excellent product and very good value for money, my son in law loved this fragrance, the company service was extremely good, and I would recommend them to anyone wanting, an original product but cheaper than the high street, I will definatley use again

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly Average, 15 Aug. 2014

The fragrance is bland and generic. I'll be the first to admit I wouldn't know "a hint of bergamot" from "top notes of cardamom" if you slapped me in the face with a herbalism textbook, but to me it honestly smells just like a can of Lynx. I suppose now I know the real price I shouldn't expect too much but in a brand like Gucci I'd still look for at least of hint of distinctiveness, especially when there are unique and refreshing smells on the market at half the price.

Fragrance aside, it's quite a poor-quality product as far as aftershaves go. There's no aroma - even if you practically bathe in the stuff you'll have to shove someone's face up against your neck if you want them to smell it, and frankly that's no way to introduce yourself at a party so wear something different.

Furthermore, what little scent there is doesn't last for very long - you'll get maybe an hour or two before it disappears altogether.

All in all, it's just another cheap aftershave at the price - if you buy it on Amazon - of an average one, or if you're a mug like me and bought it in Boots, the price of a signature, top quality branded fragrance. Look elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gucci by gucci, 13 Jun. 2014
Bought this for my hubby, he loves the smell it's quite a masculine smell, I also got it on offer which is an added bonus the only downside it took more than a week to arrive.

3.0 out of 5 stars Delivered on time. But was it a fake?, 27 Jun. 2014
Delivered on time, the actual product seems like an original but the scent does not last too long. Was it watered down? How do I find out?

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Class.., 5 Jun. 2014
Ive tried many expensive aftershves/fragrances over the years like most but this is by far the best its not over powering and a small amount lasts all day. i would def recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Cologne!, 16 April 2014
One of my all time favourite sprays, very subtle not too sweet.
IMHO its a classic with likes of Chanel original Prada.

2.0 out of 5 stars It seems to be fake!, 26 Mar. 2014
I've bought it for second time as a present. The first bottle was bought from other store where I used to buy perfume. The smell was incredible and very nice however, the bottle that I ordered online isn't the same! unfortunately it doesn't last long either!

Gucci By Gucci Uomo - Eau de Toilette