on 10 February 2014
Not one for spending time rating stuff...But, the case for taking supplement omega 3 today is clear to most people, for me approaching 50 it is to keep my performance up in business, and to be at my best whilst flying a light aircraft (for interest most commercial Pilots take Omega 3)
It is only the EPA and DHA parts of Omega 3 that are of real value ( approx 40% of the dry matter in the Brain should be DHA for correct function, you must consume this, because the Liver cannot replicate these essential fatty acids, if you dont consume decent levels of EPA/DHA, dont expect to be bright, and you can look forward to dementia in much earlier years)
This product has the highest levels of EPA/DHA I can find, (also found it to be the most cost effective at this concentration, ie one a day capsule as opposed to 3 or 4 !
I doubted the non repeating claim,-but it works with no issues, Brilliant !
Although Im not running my Brain performance through laboratory test conditions, I do feel better and brighter since taking this particular product over the last months, better than others Ive taken, so its a very high reccomendation from me :)
I will certainly buy this again, and perhaps will buy it for the children at Christmas,... so they may one day remember their poor old Dad ;) ... Hmmm
TR
on 16 January 2014
Being a vegetarian for over ten years, I thought fatigue and lack of concentration were just normal! When my brother recommended I try fish oil I was sceptical but thought would give it a go.... I found I couldn't stand the horrid fishy taste of it, which made me want to gag. Discovering this product was a god send! I've been using it for a week now and already notice the difference in my concentration levels, gratefully with no horrid fish taste! Will definitely be using this as a supplement from now on! Highly recommended!
on 11 March 2014
As I was satisfied with my first purchase of Garcinia Cambogia from the same company, I decided to try their Omega3 supplement.
I have been taking it for about one month now (I take one a day as suggested) and, from my point of view, I can say that it is possible not only to see but also to feel the results. I am definitely not a professional athlete, but I do train several times a week (daily jog and pilates, besides some gym sessions) and often have joint pain. Since I have started assuming Omega3, I have notably seen changes: I feel better, stronger during the week, more positive and somehow brighter too.
It is known that omega3 helps the skin, joints, immune system and other relevant aspects, and can say that this product does everything it is meant to do.
I used to take on a different brand of Omega3 some time ago, but I am going to stick to this one as I can actually see the results I'm paying for.
on 6 March 2014
I have been taking Omega 3 Fish Oil for years to address a number of health concerns, so I was already sold on fish oil being a really effective dietary supplement. However, usually that comes with a couple of minor, though irritating side effects: bloating, wind, and a nasty taste in my mouth. A friend suggested that I tried this variety and I am happy to report that I now get all the benefits without the unpleasant side effects I suffered with other brands.
on 4 August 2014
I have not long ago moved back to the UK after living in the US for 5 years. Whilst there I borrowed a top Manhattan dermatologist's book from my local library. One thing she recommend was taking a daily supplement of 1000mg Omega 3 (combined EPA and DHA). I have done this for the last year and do feel my skin has improved. Moving back here I was having trouble finding the same high potency of Omega 3. So I was really glad to have found these. Especially as they are truly "burpless". Needless to say that I came to order some more, only to find that they are no longer available. AAAHHH! I bought another popular brand (in brown glass jar with gold lid) and whilst potency is close, they aren't burpless. Amazon/seller - when will these come back in stock?
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I got a complementary bottle of Life & Food Omega-3 Fish Oil supplements in order to do a review. I was surprised how different this was from the omega-3 supplements I had been taking so I set about researching to understand the difference, and make sure I could actually identify a quality fish oil supplement.

Why Take it: Fish Oils are Essential fatty acids (EFAs), dietary fats your body cannot produce independently. We need both omega-6 and omega-3 fish oil EFAs to remain healthy. But the omega-6 fats are very easy to obtain through diet--too easy, in fact. They are in seeds and grains, which livestock eat; large amounts of omega-6 fats get passed on this way. The problem is that while both these EFAs are required for cell membranes to function, there is competition for absorption into the cells. Therefore, the ratio matters. Ideally, we're looking at a 1 to 1 ratio s for the best health. But most modern Western diets have a ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fish oil of about 16:1! Too much omega-6 (inflamatory) in relationship to omega-3 (anti-inflammatory) is associated with many, many chronic health problems. Incorporating more Omega-3s can help prevent, improve or reverse those health problems.

How Much: Expert recommendations vary, but most range from about 1-3 total grams a day. To further complicate matters, omega-3s are made up of fats called EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). These are the active compounds and are processed a little differently in your body. A fair range to start might be about 1200-1600mg EPA and 600-800mg DHA daily, putting you somewhere in the middle of that 1-3 grams recommendation. For the many supplements including this one, that would mean taking them twice a day.

Cautions: Because omega-3 can impact blood clotting, be cautious if you're taking anticoagulant drugs, have any clotting related issues or are scheduled for surgery. The most common side effects are indigestion, upset stomach, gas, or a "fishy" aftertaste/belching (but coated tablets like these elminate much of that). Side effects are much more likely if you have just started taking fish oil, or have just made an especially large increase in dosage. Most side effects can be eliminated with gradually increasing dosage and a little patience.

From what I learned, you want as many of these qualities in your Omega-3s as you can find:

*Meets the GOED industry standard, guaranteed by independent labs or 3rd-party testing. (GOED is the Global Organization for EPA and DHA Omega-3s.)
*Pharmaceutical grade or highly concentrated/refined fish oil; these have more concentrated Omega-3s and fewer fillers and impurities.
*Molecularly distilled, again for the least amount of impurities.
*Enteric coating, to improve absorption and minimize stomach upset.
*Smaller capsules, with a less noticeable fishy smell, an indication of potency and purity.
*Labeling indicates the sourcing of the fish, to assure quality.

How The Omega-3 Supremes Stacked Up

Size - The first thing I noticed was they were so much smaller than what I had been taking! I've always disliked taking fish oil because of the humongous capsules. At first, I thought it was a lower dosage, but after checking, I realized it's not. The Life & Food Omega-3 Supremes actually have more of what I want in them; they are just a lot more concentrated.

Smell - Comparing the smell of the two on a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being not especially fishy smelling and 10 being extremely fishy smelling), the old capsules I would rate about a 5 on the fish-smell factor: tolerable but you don't really want to sniff 'em. The Supremes would score a 1. They had a very slight fish odor, but if I didn't already know it was fish oil, I am not sure I'd be able to identify it.

Side Effects - I have experienced upset stomach and fishy-tasting reflux with supplements before, leading me to cut down on the amount I took. These ones, I doubled the dosage from what I had been taking, with absolutely zero side effects.

Quality - The Life & Food supplements met every quality standard I found suggested in my research.

Conclusion - Omega-3 Supreme by Life & Food is a great choice for Omega-3 Supplements. If you don't get this one, look for a brand with similar qualities. I would not hesitate to buy or recommend this brand. Hoped this info was helpful to you! :-)
review image review image review image review image review image
on 27 February 2014
As someone who doesn't enjoy eating fish, I take Omega-3 fish oil tablets regularly to make sure my diet is a balanced as it can be. I have tried many different brands of fish oil in the past, but these are the best. At 1400mg, they are more potent than most similarly priced products.

Another benefit is that they don't give you those dreadful fishy burps!

The only thing that surprised me when I opened the bottle was the capsule size. They are quite large, which can be a little intimidating if you don't like swallowing tablets. But they went down just fine!

Highly recommended!
on 8 April 2014
I feel good and energized, fresh using this product. Maybe i exaggerate, but i honestly do feel better. My skin feels sumptuous and i feel better in total. I recommend this product 100%. Thanks.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I was sent these by thd manufacturer/seller for an honest unbiased review. My comments are my own. The key points include;

+ I've consumed one a day for the past 2 weeks and I have felt healthier in that time. However, I'm also doing more exercise. It's one of them things it's hard to tell how well it works. But I do feel good. Other reviews have given better detail to its benefits so I send you to read the most useful review for that.

+ we are continually tol yo have oily fish in our diet. This makes it a very easy way to get it into your diet!

+ they do slide down the throat Emily - likely due to their smallish size

+ large container which provides both storage and a good number to keep you going for months

+ good quality and value fork eu at current price

To conclude this provides the means to get oily fish into your diet and at a cost effective convenient way. Can recommend
VINE VOICEon 11 July 2015
Straight off the bat: these are the best Omega 3 capsules I've tried. Not in terms of their benefits (these are similar to most other capsules of these type - I certainly feel sharper at work after taking these for a number of weeks), but in terms of their practicalities. I can take 2 a day with my breakfast and not worry for the rest of the day. They are slightly bigger than some I've tried, but I still have no problems taking them. The big plus is the lack of "fishiness" - when you open the bottle there is no smell, the capsules are odourless and flavourless, and no fishy breath or burps afterwards. This is the main reason I would recommend these over any other brand I've tried. Plus, this is a big bottle for the money.

I was provided a free sample of this product to test and then provide an honest and unbiased review.