5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, this is a great item.
Published 7 months ago by A. Hart

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic, but does the job
I bought one of these for a friend who had a damaged 3.5mm jack on their laptop and was unable to connect their external speakers. As they use their laptop to connect to a TV to watch DVD's and films (this is the primary use of the notebook) they were stuck with the weedy onboard speakers and the usual bad sound quality.

The device is very simple, plug it into...
Published 7 months ago by Mr Baz

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic, but does the job, 17 April 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: 3.5mm Microphone Earphone Jack USB 2.0 to 3D Sound Card 5.1 CH Adapter for PC Laptop

The device is very simple, plug it into a USB port, Windows 7 sees the device instantly and that's it you get a microphone and headphone jack, there are no drivers needed to install. Output quality is quite reasonable for such a low cost device, build is best described as passable at best (fairly light plastic case, could be better here)

Considering the low cost, and ease of use this is a pretty good purchase if you need an inexpensive way to get sound from a computer via a USB port.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely useless!, 27 Jun 2014
Plugged it into my computer tower for the first time, sound quality was appaling and the usb connector snapped within no time! Not worth the £2 for this garbage.

2.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, 25 Jun 2014
this worked for a while, but soon broke, you do get what you pay for, sometimes ! Cheap price, cheap quality, sorry

2.0 out of 5 stars OK BUT CRACKELY, 20 May 2014
DOES WORK BUT TOO MUCH NOISE AND INTERFERENCE ON MY IMAC. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IF YOU WAN TO HEAR CLEARLY

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, doesn't work., 25 April 2014
I bought this recently as I wanted to try to convert my jacks to usb rather than buying a new headset, figured this would be a good one to try.

It took 2 weeks to arrive and when it did, it broke within 10 minutes of opening it. Literally broke, the whole thing fell apart. The build quality of this is shocking, some of the worst I have ever seen.

Unsurprisingly, in those 10 minutes prior to collapsing, it didn't work at all anyway. Had it been anymore expensive I'd have demanded a refund, as it is only a couple of £s, it's not worth the hassle, but it IS worth taking the time to write this review so everyone knows that this is a shoddy piece of garbage that does not work at all.

Don't waste your money. Never buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, this is a great item., 24 April 2014
A. Hart "Artifire." (Flintshire, Wales.) - See all my reviews
Yes, this is a great item. I had bought a pair of USB only speakers, which were great but it did not fit well on my desk. I already had some great Mp3 speakers and I bought this jack, to re-use them as my audio out socket is faulty and positioned by my mouse. This has allowed me to play my music through my original speakers, it has worked very well and is still in use. The only downside I have encountered is that it has a rather annoying flashing red light on the jack, but no problem....a bit of black insulation tape has solved this issue and I no longer get annoyed by the red LED. I would definitely buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what i needed, 27 Mar 2014
fantastic little gadget works a treat my headphone jack was busted on my laptop and was really glad i found this solution thank you

3.0 out of 5 stars I like It, 27 Feb 2014
It came to my house before i thought it should be here OK so good delivery time but the thing is smaller than the photo make it look and the USB end seems to point at an angle and the green and yellow port move as well (photo says mic black hole and head phone green but mic is yellow) It is very good for my need

3 out of 5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Good clean sound for such a small device, 9 Oct 2014
Had trouble getting it to work (my ignorance not the devce) you have to switch off the onboard device it is replacing. Good clean sound for such a small device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Nov 2014
Item arrived promptly and as was described, i would buy from this seller again and would reccomend