5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!!!
This book is a treasure for children and adults alike, its funny and well thought out The best childrens book I have bought for my granddaughter in a while. Both her mother and grandmother enjoy reading it in funny voices and making each other laugh.
Published 10 months ago by Sam

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Although I liked the illustrations I was less pleased with the narrative. The conversations went on for too long and became boring. The yellow crayons words were difficult to read against the white background. Surprised this has been well reviewed in the press. I used this to base my choice on my purchase but regret it.
Published 7 months ago by Mrs B Cox

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!!!, 23 Sep 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Different, 19 Sep 2013
Bought for my granddaughter, aged 5. She loved the title and the illustrations and it has a happy ending!
A very original tale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book that both my kids love., 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Day The Crayons Quit (Kindle Edition)
Gorgeous! This is lovely imaginative writing with illustrations that perfectly accompany it. Oliver Jeffers...can't go wrong. We all love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Day the Crayons Quit, 12 Jan 2014
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Day The Crayons Quit (Kindle Edition)
One day, Duncan went to take out his crayons and he found a stack of letters with his name on them. They have been written by his crayons and each page has a letter, plus a picture drawn by the appropriate coloured crayon. Beige is tired of being called "light brown" and only used for wheat, grey is tired of colouring in such large creatures as elephants and humpback whales and black is tired of only being used for the outline of things.... What can Duncan do to create harmony in the crayon box?

I think the humour in this book means that it will appeal to a slightly older picture book audience - I have found it ideal to read aloud to a Reception class and it would be enjoyed by any child from approx 4 - 8. In that way, it reminds me of Man on the Moon for a sense of ironic humour which will be enjoyed by children of a slightly older age then the usual picture book target audience. Great to read aloud and may well become a classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 25 Nov 2013
A really original story with fantastic illustrations. I bought this for my nephew who is 6 and he is really enjoying it.

4.0 out of 5 stars What fun !, 25 Nov 2013
I can't wait to read this to my 4 year old grand daughter at Christmas. It is such fun I think it will appeal to all ages

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and Entertaining, 22 Oct 2013
I bought this book for my 7 year old granddaughter. It's funny and brilliantly illustrated and adults will
enjoy reading it to children. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars the one book you should read with your kids this year, 12 Jan 2014
Excellent book,so funny for both children &adults. Loved it.. Have recommended it to friends who have bought it and loved it too..

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 12 Jan 2014
Linda Mcmahon (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This is the most brilliant book, both my kiddies love it, a 6 year old girl and a four year old boy. Genius.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal to inspire young children to explore colour!, 11 Jan 2014
I saw this book at Tate Modern but couldn't afford it so was pleased to see it at a better price on Amazon. Fun story to share with children & get them thinking about colour & creativity. I work at a Primary School & would recommend it as a basis for a class activity.

The Day The Crayons Quit