on 12 November 2014
For some reason, Wyatt appears to think that his readers will have difficulty handling numerical data and graphs. He therefore avoids numerical data and graphical representations, which would quickly and clearly explain his points to the reader. Instead he resorts to densely-written prose, even at times describing in words what a relevant graph would look like (e.g "U-shaped"). I would recommend anyone looking for a book on the basics of economics to avoid this one.
on 13 March 2015
I get the point of creating a practical economics book away from the theory; but if you want to avoid the theory, equations and graphs then stop referring to them at every chance. Ive never seen a book which spent so much time talking about graphs without ever showing them. To me this neither served as a practical economics book, or a textbook. It sits alone in its uselessness!
on 21 August 2015
Not terrible but trying to explain graphs and curves without showing illustrations of them is a strange decision.
on 9 November 2013
Completly relevent, and focuses on the concepts and theorys without the graphs, This makes the subject much clearer, and actually begins to make the graphs make sense. Absolutely chuffed I found this. Lets hope I get a pass on the exam in a month...!
on 18 April 2014
I am really enjoying this read, explains economics in a very simple practical way and I find I can understand technical content that other books left me completely confused about.
A very good starting point.
on 22 October 2013
It's great for beginners! Thanks to the author and Amazon for making it free. It is good and easy read.
on 8 June 2014
This book is brilliant for anyone who wants to understand the basic principles and concepts of Economics. The main principles are concisely and clearly presented in a logical manner whilst the concepts are explained in an easy and accessible manner. I found it hugely enjoyable that I could understand Economics and it made me want to read on. I read the book in 3hours - a real page turner for what would otherwise be a dire subject. I would recommend it for A- level and Undergrads in Economics or anyone with a brain that likes academic ideas that can be applied to real life. Very Stimulating.
on 18 May 2015
I havent even received this book yet
on 16 April 2015
Very helpful l'm introduction to this interesting subject.
on 28 June 2014
A helpful book for beginners.