Quite simple, remarkable!
The choice of lenses, from a jewellers loupe through to a range of spectacle type double lenses, are excellent, and come in sealed plastic cases that keep them protected from dust, dirt, and physical damage.
The headset is fully adjustable and very comfortable, with the battery compartment in a contoured rubberised case that sits easily against the back of the head.
The section that holds the lenses is adjustable in varying degrees up and down in an arc with a satisfying "click" for each degree of adjustment, and, is also adjustable on a sliding mechanism from left to right, thus allowing you to use either eye singly, or centrally for both eyes.
At the top of the adjustable lens holder is a bright white LED, which is also fully adjustable in an arc to change the point of light focus. ( very useful when examining something with a high reflective surface like silver or steel) .
It was only after already being blown away by the quality/ value ratio, that I realised there are TWO lens holders on the headset... Thus allowing innumerable combinations of lens on lens magnification allowing for either, greater magnification, or, wider field of view and vision.
I carve small wood figures and engrave glass. I also paint and decorate glass as well as repair watches and replace batteries... These are perfect for all of them
Highly recommended! Great value for money.
44 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 October 2013
Lets get the BUT out the way (and the only reason for not giving 5 stars) the light did not work. The problem was I needed this magnifier for a job and there was no time to send it back so I took the battery compartment apart and found a resistor not soldered reattached we have light.
Leaving that aside the magnifier is a great product. The clear good quality lenses make prolonged use easy on the eyes along with a comfortable headband and a good selection of magnifications. I am just sorry I had to give the product 3 stars.
on 21 September 2013
Wasn`t expecting too much of these having bought something similar recently, but these are just the job for me- they are comfortable, the lenses are of good optical quality and very adjustable. - cases are supplied for the different lenses too. -Whether for the advertised use - i.e. Watch repair or for other close work, these are a sound and useful investment.
on 13 February 2014
I sometimes do silly things involving very small and fiddly bits and pieces and inevitably there are times when I just can't see what I am doing in sufficient detail. I have tried a variety of things, usually with magnifying glasses taped to whatever can be found to support them, but with a new hobby interest needing lots of intricate soldering, I felt the need to find a better way.
A pair of watchmaker's spectacles was purchased. This contraption allowed for magnifications of 30x or so with flip up lenses attached to a spectacle frame. It was a complete disaster as the magnification necessitated a very short focal length which proved totally impractical for what I wanted to do. I spotted the Timetop here on Amazon, saw that there were some favourable reviews, so I took the plunge and ordered one.
I have to say that I have been very impressed. The range of lenses provided allows for a wide variety of magnifications, and more importantly focal lengths. With this magnifier I can happily set up a 2 x or 3 x combination which will allow me to work at a reasonable distance from my eyes. Whilst not the most comfortable device to strap to ones forehead, it is surprisingly tolerable for even extended periods of work.
If you need to see better, you could do a lot worse than this tool.
on 11 November 2013
I ordered this from iColourful, and I received solar powered LED lights, which have nothing to do with the product. Although Amazon fulfilled the order, it seems that someone mislabelled the envelope from China that the lights were packed in. Currently waiting for my refund from Amazon.

In the mean time, I re-ordered from another seller called Timetop. Item arrived within a couple of days. No batteries included for the LED light, but I had 3 AAA batteries handy. Played around with different combinations of optics, and found that the stronger the magnification, the shorter the focal distance. However, I was getting a good resultwith about 15cm focal distance for low to mid-range magnification. For high magnification, this was down to a couple of centimeters.

Negatives: Found that I needed to tilt the lenses down as far as possible, otherwise I was tilting my head down too much to see through the lenses. I think that another cm lower would have made all the difference, perhaps I'll fabricate an adaptor to drop the lenses slightly lower. Also thought that the headband was bearing down slightly too much on my brow, would have liked to have had it positioned slightly higher for comfort, but would have not been able to see through optics properly. I'm taking a star off because of this, as the design could be improved slightly here.

Great stereoscopic magnification, although the stereoscopic view takes a moment to get used to focusing through, the monocular optics for the higher magnification took a bit longer to get used to. The LED light is quite bright, and provides more than adequate lighting at all magnifications. I could see colour bands on resistors without any issues of whether something was for example red or brown.

This is a great bit of kit, especially for the price, and a must for any electronics enthusiast who needs to see components closer to see identification markings, for soldering work, and for surface mount components. I would consider it far better than using a helping hands magnifying glass. Pleased with my purchase, and I'm sure this will be getting lots of use, not just for electronics, but anything else that needs a better close-up view.
on 31 October 2013
There is no way that anything like this could possibly achieve 5 star rating as there are too many variables ,having said that I have not yet found the best combination of lenses but have used the magnifier hands free with my prescription glasses with good effect .
Would recommend them as well made & a definite bargain,try them .
on 14 October 2013
Just got this thru the post today and it's brilliant, the lenses and head strap work a treat. I use for looking at circuit boards and it is spot on :)
on 28 November 2015
For me, this is a stand out purchase over the past few years. Fantastic value for money, and works superbly well.

The key thing to understand is that If you use the double lenses, this equipment means no more squinting through a single lens, and offers stereoscopic magnification. That is, objects appear in 3D, just as ordinary objects not the flat effect of a single magnifying lens, or the weirs distortion of a magnifying glass.

You just look at whatever you have in front of you - glasses on if needed. I use it for looking at small fossils, and details on fossil surfaces. Absolutely fantastic!

Focus is accommodated by moving the object closer to or away from the lens, so no messing about there, either. You can just line up a series of things you want to examine, and move from one to the next really quickly. If you double up the strong lenses, you end up with the object very close to your eyes, but that's OK.

Yesterday I used them to fix a broken telephone connector - both hands free to fiddle with the cable underneath a cupboard, in the dark (the light works well), and I could see exactly where the different contacts needed to be - no chance of doing that, even with my reading glasses on.

I see that the one stars seem to be about the light not working. Well, mine did, and if yours does too, you'll have a great piece of kit.
on 21 March 2014
I've been doing close up work like soldering circuits and assembling small parts all my life, but age catches up with you and now, in my late 50's, I struggle with close work.

These have been brilliant, the binocular lenses in 5 different strengths have been perfect and two can be mounted at the same time for even closer work. They fit in front of my existing glasses OK give a good clear 3D image with both eyes. There is plenty of adjustment as well, the lenses can be slide left or right a fair bit and with two fitted they can be individually pivoted back and forwards to get a comfortable position and focus. The white LED mounted on them can also be tilted to get the light where needed. Yes the lenses are plastic, but they go neatly back into a plastic box and everything fits neatly into the box the originally came in so keeping them clean and tidy is not hard.

Circuit work is now comfortable again.

I've made less use of the monoculars included ( you could count an ant's teeth with the 20X one!) but these also are easy to use, and the holder with LED lamp can be slide across to place the lens in front of either eye.
on 4 November 2013
Bought this on recommendation, I'm partially sighted and thought it would help, it does! Great selection of lenses for all purposes. Fabulous for the price.