5.0 out of 5 stars Great series opener!
I really enjoyed this book!

Some people might make quick conclusion and incorrectly compare it or think it is too similar to other Young Adult series. Well, those people will very soon realise that they are wrong and I think that in this case they might enjoy being wrong and being surprised.

This book follows mainly from the perspective of the...
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Review
Bit like the hunger games only with a boy as the main character and set in farming country not a coal mining district.!
Published 18 months ago by rolonssa

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series opener!, 20 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Under the Empyrean Sky (The Heartland Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book!

This book follows mainly from the perspective of the teenage boys, who are frustrated, angry, not happy to be where they are and at serious odds with their situation... but within the book they grow and they develop. Like all teenagers and especially now that I am twice the age of most of them, they did plenty of things that irritated me, but that was why the characters are so real and what makes us connect with them.

Things happen and set up for plenty more things to happen, sorry, but I don't want to ruin your experience. By the time you think that things got going, well, prepare yourselves because when it really kicks off, it is a stampede.

A book that had me gripped and reading late into the night, but gave as much in return.

A great read and I cannot wait for the rest of the series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Aug. 2013
This was my first book I've read by Chuck Wendig, and I'm now hooked. From the first page I was captivated by his writing. This was a real page turner for me and I literally could not put the book down. You often see that comment in good reviews, but this is the first book in a long, long time that I felt that personally. Definitely recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, 7 Aug. 2013
I enjoyed this book enough to read it in one day and then look for the next in the trilogy. I noticed a negative review before I read it, I am glad I ignored it. Possibly the reviewer should have actually read it rather than skimmed. Likeable characters, well put together with some original concepts and most importantly a good story.

3.0 out of 5 stars Review, 3 Sept. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Fantasy, 21 Nov. 2013
Gripping book which builds throughout to a tense climax. Would recommend it to any dead set fantasy fan looking for a quick read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Under the Empyrean Sky, 26 Oct. 2013
Good book, thoroughly enjoyed it, waiting in anticipation for more. Fantastic imagination, I expected a follow up though. Keep up the good work.

4.0 out of 5 stars And the Empyreans?, 19 Oct. 2013
Would have liked a bit more info about the Empyreans themselves but on the whole the story was good with some good characters and plenty of details.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 15 Oct. 2013
I liked this, with its complex characters and vivid world.
WARNING .... oh well, I suppose I should leave the reader to find out for themself.

4.0 out of 5 stars I didn't think I was going to like this to start with but I stuck with it ..., 21 Aug. 2014
I didn't think I was going to like this to start with but I stuck with it and glad I did. Whilst I would class it as a "Teen Book" I still found it to be a good read in the end, with some good twists and turns. Not sure if I'm going to read the other two in the trilogy but I would like to know if they (Cael and Gwennie) do get together in the end!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 July 2014