on 23 May 2013
Personally, I haven't read any of the `Fifty Shades of Grey' books, but `Fifty Sheds Darker' is quite clearly a parody of it, similar to books such as Barry Trotter (Harry Potter) and New Moan (New Moon). However I found that this did not diminish my reading of this novel, which is a tribute to the writer for making a book accessible by people who haven't read `Fifty Shades of Grey' just as much as those who have.

The story follows Fanny Banghard as she becomes employed by a mysterious and handsome R.C.Mood who wants her to investigate into a case of sheds being set on fire. She then moves to an English village and meets all sorts of unlikely, strange and comical characters.

I found that the style of writing made it extremely easy to read, and that it was also accessible just to pick up as and when I had time to grab some reading time. It might not be Dickens finest work but it's certainly a light-hearted and amusing read that I would recommend others to read.

The humour is ironic and subtle; I particularly love that the writer will play upon things that we can all relate to from everyday life - static electricity shocks for example! It came as a surprise and I loved it....you think the writer is taking a joke in a certain direction only for it to take a sharp twist and give you an unexpected punchline!

I can imagine this being a perfect read for a lazy summer holiday when you just want to read something light-hearted and simple! The purpose of `Fifty Sheds Darker' is to be a parody and honestly, I think I'd rather stick with this version than the original `Fifty Shades of Grey". Give it a try!
on 21 January 2014
This was a stocking filler from my wife, I have only just got round to writing a review for it as I read it a few times over Christmas. I really enjoyed this authors satirical lewd sense of humour. The jokes are funny and pop up in the just the right places. Fanny as the lead lady is charming, cheeky and ever so naughty. I was telling my brother in law about my favourite scenes in the book and we were both in fits of laughter, he asked to borrow it and I am sure it will have him in tears of laughter all through the weekend. The photos are genius and add a clever touch to a hilarious titter lasting adventure.
on 11 May 2013
This hilarious book follows Fanny Banghard, an American governess in London searching for employment. A billionaire, RC Mood, who needs help uncovering a mystery, soon employs Fanny who accepts the challenge of solving the mystery. Along the way Fanny meets a variety of quirky characters, all of whom bring a interesting new comedy element to the story.

This hilarious British comedy is overflowing with double entendres, innuendos and euphemisms. It is very cleverly written as a series of one-liners in which there are many subtle references to the fifty shades book, recognisable by anyone who knows a little something about the story.

This parody of `Fifty Shades of Grey' is told in an ingenious and comedic manner that is sure to have you laughing out loud. I found this short story particularly funny and quickly shared in with my friends who found it equally as amusing. I couldn't put it down and read it from start to finish very quickly. It is really the perfect book for a bit of light-hearted release.

Each character that the author introduces brings a new element to the story and a different comedy aspect. Although the comedy is at the forefront, this book does not lack detail in characters or setting. The author has managed to achieve a great balance between comedy and storyline creating a brilliant book. The light-hearted approach and unusual writing style result in a very interesting and funny read.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this book to anyone wanting a good laugh. You don't even have to be that familiar with the original story to appreciate the humour of the parody, although I'm sure it does help a little. I look forward to reading more from this author in the future as I think they are very talented and hilarious!
on 2 June 2014
Having now read the two shed books. This is also a very naughty and hilarious addition, full of very funny and erotic one liners.
on 27 December 2013
wonderful book with all the one liners that is a brilliant sequel to Fifty Sheds of grey and a must read for everyone
on 12 August 2013
Teenage boys might find this amusing but I didn't smile once. Fifty Sheds of Grey was much funnier. The double entendres were predictable & unfunny & the whole book was badly written. Don't waste your time with it.
on 9 May 2013
The book is funny and full of innuendos! A good, light read which can be read over and over again.Must read, for everyone, this book is clean teasing funny book,this book really did tweak my funny bone, Brilliant!
on 13 April 2013
This book was so funny, I laughed until I cried! A brilliant light-hearted parody of the Fifty Shades books. Anyone with a sense of humour who loves innuendo would love this book - I highly recommend it!
on 25 October 2013
I nearly ordered copies of this book thinking it was the keenly awaited sequel to Fifty Sheds of Grey. Thank goodness I realised in time that It's an inferior imitation - Very misleading Amazon!
on 18 May 2013
Fifty Sheds Darker is a really funny parody of Fifty Shades of Grey. Having read the original I can appreciate how clever this book is but you could easily read it without having read Fifty Shades and especially if you hated it.

This is a light read and can probably be read in an afternoon. I've reread it a few times and it seems to get funnier.

Fanny Banghard is an American woman who comes to London, ends up working for a billionaire and investigating a recent spate of shed attacks. The characters are brilliant and are described well. Although there are some great one liners and sexual innuendo, the story itself is very cleverly written. I spent the whole book smiling and at times it made me laugh out loud.

This really is a great book and I recommend that anyone needing a good laugh should order it.