4.7 out of 5 stars1,704

on 18 April 2013
This was recommend to me by a friend who had it on her iPad and she said it was the best game she ever downloaded. I have to say I agree with her. It is very different from other puzzle games and will really make you think. Great graphics and music plus there is a hint if you get stuck (which I am most glad of!) Nothing worse than being stuck and not being able to progress. Definitely worth £1.49.
0Comment|415 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 April 2013
Beautiful to look at and so satisfying when you have that Eureka moment and a drawer slides open to reveal another piece of the puzzle. There are tips for when you get really stuck, but they only give you a pointer to get you thinking again. Reminds me a bit of Myst - open doors, flip switches, and try all those things you would if you were stuck in the room for real - apart from taking a sledge hammer to it of course!!
0Comment|293 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 April 2013
Very well constructed game with plenty to do. Although these games are never long this one kept me on my toes and had an intriguing story behind it.
Can't wait for the next game from this creator. 5* game
0Comment|309 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 February 2014
Seriously, if you're hesitating about getting this game, don't be!!! Once you start playing,you'll be hooked! I sat up playing this into the night, so, possibly, start it when you have free time as you won't want to stop.

Once I'd finished, I was left slightly pee'd off, as I wanted to keep going! So, I suggested to my 11 year old that she have a go... I couldn't get my Kindle back after that!! Then it got passed to my 14 year old... then to my husband.
(So you might consider being selfish, and keeping it to yourself if you want to use your Kindle etc.)
There's enough puzzles to keep you occupied for a while. And they're not just walk through, easy, 'tappy tap all over the screen' type puzzles. They do have you thinking. Which I like- if you're getting a puzzle game... it should have you slightly puzzled.
If you play it now, you won't have the same problem of feeling deflated once you've completed it, as I've just seen today, on the new game releases, that there's a new one: The Room Two!!!!!! That prompted me to write this review. Already downloaded and ready to play...

I just haven't started as I don't want it to end!!
on 24 April 2013
I read the reviews on this App and bought it. It did not dissappoint me at all. The first time I played it I was up until 3am because I was so engrosed in the game, I could not put it down. The 3d effects are very good. I also like the fact that there are clues so Im not left not knowing what to do next. Im not really a game player but this App has made me into one and it works very well on my Kindle Fire HD.
on 9 May 2013
Beautiful presentation, gets the brain going.. only downside, over too quick
..please make a number two, but with more levels
on 19 April 2013
Having bought this on Day One and subsequently seen it become a runaway success, I still think it's the best game I have played. I was thrilled to receive (without asking) the free "Epilogue" game which has been just as good - I loved it! Really keen to play the next instalment. My early comment was: "Not run of the mill and no racing between locations, this uses deduction, observation and intuition and the hints keep you moving without skips or spoon feeding. This makes each success very satisfying. Very impressive, glad I tried it." If there are any players out there who haven't tried The Room yet (can't be many!) - what are you waiting for?!
on 31 December 2013
On kindle HDX. The graphics on this game are stunning, sound track is inspired combined with a really absorbing puzzle with full 3d views make this a quality product. There are clues available if required and a tutorial. I couldn't put it down. I will play it again, well worth the money. Really looking forward to The Room 2.
on 24 February 2014
This was one of the first free app offers from Amazon that I tried & it had me hooked from the beginning. I've never really been into games until I tried this & I'm so glad I did. It really makes you think about how to get everything together to get onto the next stage and I definitely needed the useful hints!!! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to play a game that's more thought provoking than the likes of angry birds!! Even though I got this as the free app of the day I would certainly pay for it, and I did buy The Room 2 which is even better if that's possible! The graphics are stunning, the story captivating, the music eerily keeping you on the edge of your seat and the end just wants you begging for more. I hope the makers do further games as they're just amazingly thought out and a must buy by anyone.
on 10 May 2013
I'm not in the habit of paying for games, but the reviews suggested my money wouldn't be wasted..... They were right...... Great game, with some real frustration, Times I was totally stumped and got very cross and fed up..... I had to close the game and come back later.... whereupon my patience and maybe a fresh eye I managed to see something I had missed or find the next move.
Graphics are amazing, the background sounds very spooky...... the clues proved invaluable at times, annoying at others.....

just a little niggle; on the couple of occasions that I was pleased to be progressing really well without using clues, I had made a couple of moves found what I needed to do... but couldn't progress because the clues were slower appearing than I had been and I had to wait for the clues to load before I could progress.

In retrospect, I thought the last sections of the game perhaps appeared a little rushed.... like a good film that seems to have realised it's two thirds through and it has to reach a conclusion so the last chapters of the story get crammed in with less attention.....certainly I was a bit taken aback when I suddenly found I had reached the end of the game..... disappointed too........ I was engrossed...... now what am I going to do :(

Highly recommend this game..... Where's the next one please.