5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent really and really accessible, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tracing Your Ancestors through Death Records: A Guide for Family Historians (Kindle Edition)
I was delightfully impressed by this book. Not only does it go into some detail, on the subject of Death Records for those investigating their British family trees, but it does so in a really accessible style. This is not some dry treatment of the subject.

Even though I have been researching my own family history for some years, and write a blog aimed at helping others, Celia Heritage's book made me go back and re-examine death records for my own ancestors with some success.

Highly recommended by this Nosey Genealogist!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for family historians, 27 Jun 2013
I am really enjoying reading this book. It is well written with informative anecdotes, which give useful and interesting examples of the various sources of reference pertinent to family history research. I shall be recommending this to fellow people interested in researching their family trees.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great book, 1 Jun 2013
Monica Mullett (Cumming, Georgia) - See all my reviews
A well researched & written book with many hints on finding important information to follow up on, which even as a seasoned family Genealogist, I had no idea about.

A really great buy & thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars One to get!, 27 May 2013
I found this to be a great book for all family historians. It is well set out and illustrated and covers a great deal of information I had never even considered and it has been and will continue to be one that I constantly refer to. There is also a very interesting chapter on gravestones and monument inscriptions which I found intriguing and finding missing burials. This is one book that I will never give away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Death in Detail, 28 May 2013
I was recommended this new book and do not regret buying it. The detailed guidance into using death records is easy to follow and would be helpful to anyone involved in tracing their family tree. Thoroughly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for Genealogy, 26 Jun 2013
Like most of the other books in this series, is a good advise book for beginner genealogists. It has a few good hints but the bulk is standard knowledge by most genealogists

5.0 out of 5 stars Find Out So Much More Using Death Records!, 22 April 2013
I am the author of Tracing Your Ancestors Through Death Records and I hope that reading my book will make you as passionate about this subject as I am!

There is nothing morbid about using death records; their fascination lies in the fact that they tell us so much more about our ancestors and what they were really like than birth, marriage and census records. By using a combination of death certificates, burial entries, inquest records and obituaries plus wills, inventories, gravestones and other less familiar death records I have built up an amazingly detailed picture of many of my own ancestors and the book will show you how to do the same. I also show you how to interpret causes of death on certificates and to be alert to possible connections with an ancestor's death and the job he did, while considering the side effects of a premature death and infant deaths on the family as a whole. Some records will be familiar to you but some less so and for each I show you how to get the most from them.The book is packed with detailed information but also a generous helping of case studies to illustrate the records and how to use them.

Although I was immensely pleased that my book received excellent reviews in the family history magazines, some of my most pleasing comments have come from unofficial sources; firstly the friend who, until now, has not been particularly interested in family history at all. She casually picked up my book one day and started reading it. 'This looks really interesting Celia! I must get a copy! ' While at the other end of the scale a student of mine who is passionate about family history messaged me to say that she had almost missed her stop on the train because she was so engrossed in the my book! I could not want for better compliments than these and I hope you enjoy the book as much as they did.

For more information about the book and author and a glimpse into the subjects covered see my author's blog [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars A GENEALOGISTS GUIDE, 9 Jun 2014
Boris "Martin Lee" (Milton Keynes England) - See all my reviews
I found this a most helpful guide for any family Historian to add to their collection. I recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent approach, 24 May 2014
Neil Spurgeon (England, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
Fascinating. A highly unregarded area of research which can offer so much more than might be expected. I was highly impressed to discover just how much useful, even fascinating, information can be discovered through this approach.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have learned so much more from reading this book, 6 May 2013
This book gives the amature researcher so much information that you'd ordinarily not pick up on.Personal history of the authors family is an added touch to this very informative book.I will certainly obtain death certificates in future when doing my research.Excellent read !