5.0 out of 5 stars From an older person
Published 8 months ago by Gypsy

3.0 out of 5 stars Could do better
I purchased this to give me a quick reference to the Android system. Though it is OK and does help to a minor extent, it isn't very clear and easy to follow. You frequently have look elsewhere to find what the topic is talking about.
Published 27 days ago by Paul F.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars From an older person, 10 Aug 2013
As I strive to keep up to date with modern technology I seem to have missed out on most of the jargon. This book explained everything very clearly. I have read other books which assumed you know the jargon and did not find it necessary to go into detail. This book explains everything very well which I definitely needed. Perhaps if I had an up to date mobile I would have understood more but as I just have a basic model there was a gap in my knowledge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tablet Samsung, 30 May 2013
I found this book first class. Made using my tablet so much more easier. I also do so much more having found out how to use all the not so obvious gadgets etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars This dummy enjoying it....handy for continued reference., 22 Sep 2013
This book is really handy for those of us with Computing experience but find Tablets a whole new way of doing things. Especially when you don't get any Help pages as we are used to with Computors. Admittedly it is too big to carry with you when out and about with the Tablet and so it necessitates a bit of "homework". Still a fun read though.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mysteries of Android Tablets Solved, 26 Aug 2013
I found this guide an excellent way to fathom out the mysteries of Android
As with others, this "Dummies Guide" is a straightforward help.

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT REALLY FOR CONMPLETE DUMMIES, 7 Aug 2013
Mr. N. L. Court (wakefield uk) - See all my reviews
But a really good and informative book for people who want answers with regatrd to Tablets, good in all the best ways

4.0 out of 5 stars For Dummies & Rocket Scientists., 24 May 2013
Mr. N. A. Waller (UK) - See all my reviews
This book does not have all the answers but it tries very hard to please. Good descriptions and helpful advice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still some questions, 19 Jun 2013
Not all my questions for my Google Nexus 10 tablet have been answered yet. I think it is not easy to find an answer to a problem quickly. Working my way through it now.

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful companion!, 14 Jun 2013
Not a comprehensive guide but certainly very useful. I am familiar with PCs but was struggling a bit with my new Acer Iconia Tablet given the rather sparse information that came with it. There is an assumption that you automatically understand how the thing works and what all the terminology means (which is far from the case). This book will be a useful companion to guide me through the tablets many mysteries!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent introduction to using Android devices, 18 Jan 2014
Andy_atGC (London UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I am very familiar with the 'For Dummies' series and have bought, been given or otherwise obtained many of its titles covering several different topics, mostly software-related. Few, as this, are hardware-specific.

I am very much a 'silver surfer' although my background with computing technology covers more than the four decades of the history of the first PCs. Familiarity with Android is personally at a much lower level and will be a minor challenge. Android tablets are currently exceedingly popular and arguably outselling every other alternative including the once overwhelmingly common iPad range.

This book will help although it is generic and not specific to a certain model or version of Android. It will always be slightly out-of-date as new products appear two or three times each year and Android is in a constant state of flux with minor version updates appearing every few months (4.3 to 4.4 is the most current change at the date of the review, although many devices continue to use older versions) and major updates (e.g. from 4.x to 5.x) appearing less often. Although features in each upgrade will change, some older apps being modified or dropped in favour of others with different capabilities and new ones added, some manufacturers will have their own views on what to include or exclude for their own devices. The book cannot therefore comprehensively cover all these possible combinations.

The contents starts at the beginning in describing the range of features you may expect, adding and using additional storage, connecting to a PC or TV, installing and using Apps and, possibly most importantly, connecting to the Internet and online services. The in-built camera and other similar options are also covered. It is a primer and there are several chapters within its slightly fewer than 300 pages. Just about everything that a new user could want is there and there is a tendency not to overload with data that may not be currently needed. For reasons of clarity and of specific help to the new user, there are many illustrations that augment the text.

As a series, I have never yet been seriously disappointed with a single title from this series. As indicated above, the topics covered are many and there are several authors responsible for the many titles. Some of the titles are regularly reissued as different subject software products are updated and others are updated and revised as technology moves ever onwards. This is the first release of this title, but not the first on Android as older titles related mostly to smart phones; you can expect it to be revised at some later date.

A good first book on the subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning how to use an Android Tablet., 30 July 2013
This review is from: Android Tablets For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech)) (Kindle Edition)
Easy to download; easy to read and follow; already learnt some new issues about Android Tablets.

A little pricey but it is a good read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›