on 4 June 2013
Love this new TV, set up is very simple, slim and amazed things I find it can do. Found by accident that you can play Youtube from iphone onto the tv! I've also linked it to my NAS drive and it picks up fine, seamlessly streams movies from there. Just found that BBC iplayer speech is sometimes out, but not sure if that's the TV or BBC. Would definitely recommend, can't see the point in getting a 3D TV and this is the best one without it.
on 31 May 2013
Easy setup, great sound, loads of apps to install on the smart section, however does not appear to have Demand5, would recommend.
on 20 May 2013
If you are planning to buy a TV and it is not a 3D this is the best smart TV. The quality the sound and the image it is perfect I don't need more than this to do everything I need it.
on 1 July 2013
First impressions of this Samsung TV are very favourable (and probably worth an extra half star). Picture quality is excellent and the small outer bezel really helps make the picture stand out. I was a bit concerned that the 42" model might appear a bit overpowering (it was replacing a 38" Phillips), but it works very well in a medium size sitting room, I would award 4 stars for the picture quality.
Sound is really excellent and the 2X10 watt speakers give a really nice sound (different sound preferences can be set up, and I went for the 'Movie' option, which to my ears gives a good balance between music, background noise, and voice). I was considering a soundbar as an optional add-on, but don't think I need it. Big 5 stars for sound. General aspects are good, but the stand is a bit large and obtrusive. So 4 stars for looks/design.
Internal wi-fi is a big plus (and a major reason why I selected this model). Easy set-up and I had access to a whole host of catch-up channels and social apps. Definitely need a wireless keyboard if intending to do any serious typing, although the hand controller and screen keyboard has an excellent predictive aspect whereby possible 4 next letters are displayed under the cursor - very clever, and very accurate.
Installed a DNLA server on my iMac and there is an app for it, which was quickly downloaded and installed on the TV for streaming media. I'm sure that over the coming weeks I will discover the power of the TV as more than a simple viewing tool. Overall I am delighted with the product, and would recommend it to anybody, especially at the price; an excellent 42" TV for around £500 seems like good value to me, given all the features.
on 14 June 2013
Quite simply the best purchase I have ever made!!!! The 42F5500 is an amazing quality smart TV that now the price has dropped after the initial launch far surpasses its rival competition at the same price. The picture quality is stunning, sharp and motion is seamless. The only reason you would want to pay for a higher quality TV is if you want 3D.

Quick and easy to set up I am so pleased with this TV I cannot put into words how amazing it is!

Go get one now, they are flying off the shelves like hot cakes :-)
on 10 July 2014
I come from an era of buying quality first time and getting satisfaction for years to come. Not with this piece of crap. Within 6 months, it developed an evil mind of its own and comes on when it likes. Other times, it just cycles through the boot sequence till eternity. The remote doesn't even function to switch the damn thing off! I don't care what all these reviewers say. I'm sticking to products that were built to last: Philips; Sony; and Panasonic. All the others are built for the purpose of many unhappy returns.......
on 1 September 2013
Love it, great picture, easy to set up, specially as I got my brother to do it! Seriously, I could have done it myself, really pleased with it :)
on 30 July 2013
Really impressed with the picture quality in HD, very nice. Don't want to watch SD anymore. Currently leaving the picture on movie mode as it is quite natural, but it does need setting up properly in due course. As others have said the sound is good, the Smart works flawlessly. Theres loads more to explore in the future with different devices connected. Not bothered about 3D so this TV for £475 is just about right for me. Not budget, but not top end either. I can't justify spending many hundreds of pounds more to improve on an already fantastic HD picture? Very very happy.
on 25 September 2013
I have a number of Samsung products and this is the best so far, I have yet to explore all the features but it is VERY simple to set up and even though I had a poor Internet service (2 Meg) it works well
on 15 September 2013
Great TV with amazing picture. If you don't need 3D this is the TV for you! Using in with my Mac Mini and everything runs smooth. No clouding!

See one answered question