5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful & inspiring
I have the kindle version which is great as it has several video extras/asides that help to reinforce or add to Matthews message.
It's not about getting a man at any cost, his approach is about believing in yourself and knowing that you are a fabulous catch and therefore why wouldn't ANY man want to be with you!?
He gives sensible achievable tips on self...
Published 18 months ago by joseycat

3.0 out of 5 stars Be wary
Get the Guy is both a superb book but also a terrible one!

As someone who's read Matthew's book several times, attended his events and been on his mailing list for years, I feel that there are some dangers to following his teachings and before I write about the benefits of this book, I need to point out the bad ones.

This book and several of...
Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful & inspiring, 30 Aug. 2013
joseycat (worcester uk) - See all my reviews
He gives sensible achievable tips on self confidence and male psychology. These coupled together are game changing for me as a newly single woman in her 40's.
It's a book I will refer to time and time again. Read it coupled with Mandy Hales "The single woman" and ladies .... You will be unstoppable. Even if that special man isn't quite on the horizon you won't care. You will know you are worth the wait & will know exactly what to do when he finally does arrive!!!
Thankyou Matthew!

3.0 out of 5 stars Be wary, 29 Jan. 2015
Get the Guy is both a superb book but also a terrible one!

This book and several of Matthew's teachings are DANGEROUS because they firstly don't deal with the issue of emotionally unavailable men. Sadly, these days there are so many "men" who have emotional/psychological and even spiritual issues that are so deep that we as women have no clue how bad they are. In fact, most of the men we meet online/offline or anywhere for that matter will most likely fall into this category. I feel that Matthew's teachings fail to warn women of the fact that we need to be extremely cautious when dating and we need to screen these men properly before giving them an ounce of our time! Furthermore, what I dislike most about Matthew's teachings (both in his book and on his website etc) is that he places the onus on women to essentially chase men. We're supposed to wave at the hot guy we see, cheekily ask for his number or even buy him a drink. We're also supposed to get him to commit by showing that we're rare gems but what Matthew omits to warn women about is the fact that when we keep doing all of these flirty/cute things to lure Mr DreamBoy in, we end up being the victims of men who don't pursue us! The biggest danger to me was that Matthew insists that we can 'keep the guy' by doing a variety of things to encourage him to make a commitment but the truth is that we shouldn't have to do anything to make a guy commit. He's supposed to do the work!

Matthew's book is great for teaching women how to be more appealing/attractive to men and how to get more men into their dating funnel. It's BRILLIANT at that! However, it isn't great at teaching women how to attract emotionally available and secure men, or even, the kind of guys that will commit. Perhaps this is done unintentionally so that he can up-sell his 'Keep The Guy' programme to his newsletter followers for £200 a pop. If you are a beginner at dating and want to know how to attract a casual partner, boyfriend etc, this book is great! If you're shy and you want to be more confident at making friends, meeting new people and become more of a social butterfly, this book is brilliant! However, if you're looking for a guy who will pursue you, show non-stop interest in you and make a commitment to you i.e. marriage, then I think 'The Rules' and even, 'The Reverse Ultimatum' are better options.

5.0 out of 5 stars Food For Thought, 22 Dec. 2013
The term "Get The Guy" is a double-meaning. Its means both "understand men" and "get a boyfriend". The reason I gave the book such a high rating is that I bought it to understand men better and it really helped with that.

The author doesn't sugar-coat the work involved in finding a partner, the sting of rejection or the anguish of failed relationships. He is brutally honest about the process.

Mr Hussey does not guarantee that you will find a boyfriend (of course) but he does give very sound practical advice on maximizing your chances of meeting new single men and having positive flirtatious interactions with them. The specific advice on how to flirt was hilarious to me only because it could have been lifted directly from pick-up guides aimed at men (yes, I've read some of those...).

Reading this book, I was struck by the similarities between the sexes more than the differences. There do seem to be some behaviours and attitudes that are universally attractive to just about everyone regardless of gender or sexual orientation. Both men and women want to feel "special" to someone. That they could not be easily replaced by some other random man or woman who happened to be available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute MUST HAVE for all single (and none single!) females, 11 Jun. 2013
Honestly, read this girlies and cringe - laugh - cry - gasp! This is a great book which really does lift the lid on the male mind. The way in which this is written is almost as if Matthew is 'telling you off' for the crazy ways in which you have behaved in the past. It is full of useful hints, tips and ideas of ways to make shift changes to your behaviour in order to make you more attractive to the opposite sex, not only this but there are loads of ideas and suggestions which have a positive impact on all of your life! Who would ever be aware of how your body language can convey such strong messages (usually of 'Go Away, I am not interested!' to guys!). Definitely an ESSENTIAL read for people of all ages! I now have four of my friends also ploughing through this so that we are all going to be on the same page when 'catching' and not 'catching up'. I cannot recommend this enough!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as insightful as I had hoped., 20 July 2013
My book arrived quickly but I'm afraid it didn't tell me much I didn't already have figured out for myself or hadn't read the ideas and thoughts in other books. Matthew might be sincere in his intent but some of the links on his website,etc. are a bit tedious and come across as a means to promoting him as much or more than giving advice. Not quite my style,I'm afraid.

5.0 out of 5 stars You put me on the right path, Matt, 22 May 2013
Fi (Switzerland) - See all my reviews
This is a game changer and I can't recommend it highly enough. For the price of the book you also gain access to the video clips online where Matt explains more on the key topics. It's straight talking and practical, immediately implementable. e.g. What to write on the text message, how to build chemistry with a guy, what kind of look works with a guy in a bar.
But the section and video that hit me most was near the end...how to forget the guy. The one that didn't want you any more. Because I've spent a year trying to do just that. Turns out he wasn't the one, my soulmate, my one and only. No-one is until they prove themselves and become your "the One". Matt's first basic rule when it comes to his, is she must adore him. I get it. It's enough already. NEXT! I'm ready, bring it on. Thanks, Matt :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Power in your hands, 11 Feb. 2013
For me the book is packed with examples of solid common sense and tact when it comes to dating which makes an intelligent read and it's rather needed reinforement nowadays. It's backed up with expertise and techniques to try together with positive approach to life that every woman should at least try in order to live a happier life in itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drop your handkerchief... Ladies~!, 10 Feb. 2013
I prebooked the book, received it, and each day i read a chapter, I tell you where i am so far with this book, I am on the part i am learning about the formula, you know when things go wrong with guys and we wonder what we have done so wrong, Matthew tells you straight, its a learning curve, you know before i got this book and i have 5 sisters and they told me about the rules, you know the book or you may have heard about the rules, but forget about those rules, totally rubbish! They never worked for me, since getting the book, reading the information Matthew provides, including his ingenious idea of his videos, which really has helped me understand what he means, had this book since 2nd February, its 10th February, and in 8 days i have had my car attended too by 3 different guys, had my 1st date in years with a guy i have known for over a year, and future is looking good, i work at home, so i hardly see guys, unless you count the workmen if my place needs fixing, not quite the same eh, since getting the book, I ran over a nail so my tyre was flat, a guy across the road pumped up the tyre so i could take it to a garage, this guy did this without telling me beforehand, then i took the car into a garage expecting to be ripped off, and this guy fixed the tyre, and also noticed my wheel trims were broke so he replaced them for free, then a day later i went to the petrol station, and i somehow broke the door where you put in the petrol, so instead of being the independent lass i usually am, i said, excuse me to this guy, could you please come and help me, let me tell you, guys love to help females!!!

He fixed the petrol cap door, smiled and left, i actually didn't noticed his wife in the car, but she smiled at me, so all was good, then last night i went and met up with a guy i had known for ages, i did not fancy him, but it was practice for Mr Right, need to now know how to tell a guy i am not interested LOL!

I have also joined a Social and Adventure and Events network, so i have like minded people to go rambling with and helicopter rides, and meals out with my new friends, and although i hate gyms, i also started walking, so i shall get fit that way, its about taking care of yourself too.

So ladies get buying this book, i didn't think it was possible, that i would get so much attention, and all i am doing is getting eye contact, smiling, and the light touch of my hand to their arm if they are helping me, i must say i think its amusing, i would not class myself as ugly, but i was giving up really on meeting guys, Matthew really knows how to help you "Get that guy" I haven't finished the book yet, but its helped me in 8 days more than all those "Rules" books, oh i have all of them too, but to me they were a waste of trees.

This book is the one that Rules!!

I don't normally give reviews, but this book is an exception to the rule, if you, are like me an independent woman who works hard and wonders what she is doing wrong not coming across men, then you need to buy this book, i have already told my friends in USA to order this when it comes out in the States, i have also bought 2 other books for my friends for their birthdays, you need to think now life is for living, its about time you see yourself as a High Valued Girl!

Best of luck, Helen xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 10 Feb. 2013
I am absolutely loving this book! I only wish it has been written sooner! I met Matthew Hussey at an event over a year ago and his charisma and energy translate into the book. I have found myself laughing out loud on a number of occasions. A great book giving you answers to those questions you have in relationships. I recommend this book for all single women out there!

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on!, 2 May 2013
I haven't read the book from cover to cover, but I have been dipping through it and it really is fascinating. I have found in it lots I can relate to - my behaviour in the past in certain situations, how a man would have viewed that and how to change that to a positive in the future. More importantly though I think is that Matthew is really educating us in how to behave as a woman of value - knowing our own worth. I definitely think it's worth reading.