4.0 out of 5 stars classic sounds of the early early 90's...
Published on 30 Jun. 2003 by Damien Boyd

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointment
This album let me down! Some of the tracks are not the same as original album that i had years ago..Very disappointed..
Published 12 months ago by aderyn

4.0 out of 5 stars classic sounds of the early early 90's..., 30 Jun. 2003
Damien Boyd - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boss Drum (Audio CD)
An album that provided a great platform for UK domination...then a major absence from hits. "Boss Drum" is a very cool title for a album that spawned at least 3 major hits. It relies a lot on pseudo-rap and electronic beat but there is no disguising terrific melodies. "Ebeneezer Goode" was played in the local gym recently and it rocked the place...everyone was moving faster for at least 4 minutes! Well, the good news is there is a fantastic 6 minutes plus on this album...a slow build up before unleashing the might of sound...a must at any party!
"Boss Drum" the title track, "LSI" and "Phorever People" are equally storming.
"Comin' On" is very psychedelic and there are 2 dubs at the end (Boss dub and Phorever dub).
The 2000's could do worse than a SHAMEN renaissance!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily the Shamen's finest hour, 17 Jan. 2008
Thom Gray (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boss Drum (Audio CD)
I must admit now that this is my favourite album in the universe so this review may seem a little biased. Not only does it include all the major hits ('Ebeneezer Goode', 'LSI', 'Comin' On' and 'Phorever People'), it also has a number of unreleased gems and dubs, which just add to the fact that this is quite possibly the best rave/dance/indie album ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back memories, wasn't dated like I thought it may be., 24 Feb. 2002
This review is from: Boss Drum (Audio CD)
This music as you'll know is from the early 1990's but it doesn't really sound dated, and is of crystal quality. I would rate this as the best work of this group. This music encompasses a range of different moods, and will even provide stunning tight bass lines, if you like that sort of thing. I lost my copy about a year ago, but I liked it so much I thought I'd get a new copy! How many CD's of that age in your collection would you do that with!

4.0 out of 5 stars if only it had lasted phorever, 4 Jan. 2006
This review is from: Boss Drum (Audio CD)
I saw this band in Manchester at the height of EBG frnzy and did they rock the Academy - a storming gig. The album still sounds good if played loud but a sympathetic remastering with the technology available now could give it a real boost. Still turn it up and let your mind go back to those heady days!!

4.0 out of 5 stars but I bought this because there is some songs I like. When I come to play the tracks, 19 Aug. 2014
JONATHAN COOPER (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boss Drum (Audio CD)
This is a typical 90s ablum, where the single versions are not the same as the album songs. I am not a massive Shamen fan, but I bought this because there is some songs I like. When I come to play the tracks, the well known songs like Boss Drum etc are the original long versions and don't resemble the remixed edited single versions which I prefer. This is an ablum for true Shamen fans, but not really for me. I am going to buy a 'best of' with the single versions I prefer

5.0 out of 5 stars Boss Drum..Boss Album, 22 May 2012
S. J. Hodges - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boss Drum (album) (MP3 Download)
There are few albums in anyone's collection that can be listened to time and time again without the shine disappearing. Here is one which has to be ranked up there with Jethro Tull , Genesis, Hendrix , Madness etc. etc. etc.. The genius of their forward thinking is sublime. I listen to this and twenty years disappear even though it is music for today. Long live old skool long live the Shamen.

5.0 out of 5 stars shamanic, magic, mystical music!, 30 May 2000
This review is from: Boss Drum (Audio CD)
This indie / dance / rave group gave us a classic album of the early 1990's. Upbeat dance music causing great offence with the blatant drug references in song titles and lyrics... LSI and Ebeneezer Goode "...Eezer Good...". still very entertaining, good for a giggle and some 90's nostalgia if nothing else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Re: The Shamen, 26 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Boss Drum (Version 2) (MP3 Download)
I had The Shamen on an audio cassette tape many years ago which I really loved and like all good things I done went and lost it. This new version is magnificent with it's re-mastered longer longer tracks. A big improvement on the original and I recommend it to anyone who is into that type of music!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hypnotic Shamanic Experience, 25 Oct. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Boss Drum (Version 3) (Audio CD)
The song with the same title as the Shamens popular Boss Drum album. Personally I love this track, which proves yet again that the band were way ahead of their time. At the heart of the song is a hypnotic drum beat, complemented by a simple keyboard riff. The lyrics are heavily influenced by the idea of Shamemism at the root of the band, with a repetative tribal chorus "Activate the rhythm, The rhythm that has always been within you ..." Mr C's rapping talents feature in most of The Shamen's songs produced after the release of Boss Drum, but most would say this is his finest perfomance. A unique song, which doesn't conform to the usual formula for a hit dance tune.

4.0 out of 5 stars i was 11 when this was out so sadly cant ..., 16 Sept. 2014
M. Jones "sheepman" (north wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boss Drum (Audio CD)
i was 11 when this was out so sadly cant remember it. but now i think it is very impressive for its time the music is still danceable and mr c comes up with some unique raps.

Boss Drum (Version 2)