Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 18 November 2008
bjork is one of the most creative and innovative artists ever!
this is an amazing collection of bjorks amazing hits like all is full of love, bachelorette . . . . .

its a shame its all so quiet isnt on it though.

buy this cd!
on 18 January 2014
I sadly missed out on Bjorks career when she was at the height of her talents
and I count it as one of the most glaring mistakes that up until now she was to be found
nowhere in my CD collection.
Along with most of the population of England (at least the people I knew)I thought of her back then as a rather fey
Icelandic girl trying too hard to be quirky and as a consequence disregarded the content of her work.
Coming upon a video of hers ('Possibly Maybe') whilst trawling youtube over Christmas however changed all that and I immediately ordered this CD.
I was I must say blown away by the originality of the lyrics in this 'Greatest Hits.' collection.
From 'All is Full of Love.' right through to 'It's in our Hands.' they arrest you.
It's almost like climbing a mountain and then rounding a corner to see a magnificent view open out before you
in all it's glory and it happens time after time. I found myself by turns invigorated by the fresh air of her sentiments
and captivated by the beguiling emotional landscapes she explores and by the end felt I had been on a unique journey
with a guide of exceptional talents.
It's kind of meaningless to pick out favourites but if I was pushed I would say my top six were as follows :

1:Human Behaviour.

2:Big Time Sensuality.

3:Possibly Maybe.

4:Venus as a Boy.

5:Play Dead.

6:Joga.

Bjork is a true original so if you are looking for an X factor type singer go elsewhere
and buy the latest hyped up wannabe. If however you like to be really engaged by what you listen to
give this collection a try.
You might find yourself,like me, pleasantly suprised.
on 1 November 2002
There's no doubt that Bjork is good to her dedicated fanbase, as the creation of this retrospective CD tells. Using her formidable web-site (bjork.com), she let fans poll for one week as to what were their favourite singles from her four studio albums, from 1993's lovely "Debut" to 2001's amazing "Vespertine". Whilst the whole 'Greatest Hits' compilation idea is hardly original and has more than a whiff of cheap cash-in about it, Bjork at least gives the whole enterprise the kind of unique spin she's been giving pop music for the last nine years. As this lovingly packaged CD demonstrates ...
Fourteen of Bjork's nineteen cuts have made it to the tracklist here, alongside her new single, "It's In Our Hands". Tellingly missing however is her breakout hit "It's Oh So Quiet", her only single that reached the top 5 in the UK (albeit the only song that Bjork herself detests). However, purists will be pleased with the selection on offer here; the video version of "All Is Full Of Love" is used here, not the lesser album version, and the almighty Fluke remix of "Big Time Sensuality", as heard in the promo video, makes an indelible appearance. The rest of the songs are dutifully clipped from the albums in a fan-friendly, "no radio edits here!" vein. Though "All" polled in at number one with fans, runner-up "Hyperballad", "Pagan Poetry", "Isobel" and "Play Dead" are just as amazing.
But the happiest surprise is the new song, "It's In Our Hands", which confirms that, at 37 and after twenty-five years of creating music, Bjork isn't giving up anytime soon, which is music to all her fans' ears! And for those out there who would like to hear more from Bjork, check out the expensive-but-extensive "Family Tree" collection, which goes back to when Bjork was writing music at 15! And the drawings, which are individually numbered and based on each song, are cool too!
Well worth it!
on 18 January 2015
Bought this to try Bjork out.
Like the ambience of the album. There is something unique about Bjork that is different from other artists.

Some songs stand out for me more than others - like Human Nature, Army of Me or Play Dead.

Was expecting 'Oh so quiet' to be on here, but it isn't. Guess there must be some sort of copyright issue there as that was one of her tracks I remembered.

Also these are her solo greatest hits. There isn't anything from the band she was in when she first became famous.
on 18 December 2011
The tracks on this collection were selected by Bjork's fans which is why it does not contain It's oh so quiet.
on 16 April 2014
I have all Bjork's albums from this period on CD; now that I'm purchasing vinyl again I thought it would great to hear Bjork in all her glory, un-compressed. Most of her albums are now longer available on vinyl, so a greatest hits selection was a great find. These selections sounded wonderful on vinyl, more airy and less clustered, which is great considering Bjork's sonic qualities. I love hearing Bachelorette on vinyl, just beautiful. The album also sounded wonderful without any hiss, pops or static. Even new albums have some static, but nothing on this disk. Probably the quietest album I've ever heard. My only complaint is the quality of the gatefold, it was bent and the edges smashed. I initially thought this was a used album, then after a little research realized that the package was never shrink-wrapped; but the quality of the gatefold was poor for a new album.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 September 2004
Almost, but not quite...the concept of getting the fans to decide which versions of which songs should go on the album via a website poll is inspired, and the only thing that I would have like to see was the songs in chronological order. Still, there are some great songs here.
All of her albums are represented here ('Debut' probably gets the most tracks though), and there are some alternative mixes that aren't the single or album version thrown in for good luck. It's great that 'Play Dead' made it on this CD, as I think this is one of her best songs, although the version of 'Hyperballad' is better with the strings and minus the drums.
Best thing is that 'Oh So Quiet' is missing, as it is one of Bjork's worst effort, even if it was a very popular single.
Great collection of her material, and a must for anyone that loves her singles.
on 12 February 2013
Bjork at her best, Wonderful ! How long will Bjork manage to keep up the class act that she has managed over the many happy years of recording.
on 24 May 2013
Its a jolly good album, and it did what it said on the web site, wonderful, brilliant, scrummy, cant get enough, phew
on 24 January 2015
Bjork's music is beyond my ability to describe so ill go basic - i like it alot !