on 8 June 2015
Let me make the important thing clear here. This IS big. It took quite a bit of manipulation to get it into my mid tower. I can imagine thqt some cases simly would be too small. On the up side it works very well. The CPU is 10C cooler than with the standard AMD cooler when running at 100%. It is also quiet. Installation took some effort but was not unduly taxing. Maybe not for a novice but as air coolers go this is definitely the business. In case you missed it earlier in the review,,,, it is really, really, really big...!!! It is also well packaged and comes with clear instructions and everything you need for both AMD and Intel.
on 31 July 2014
Simply the best air cooler I've used. Easy to fit thanks to the long screwdriver supplied, the Noctua thermal paste is about even with Gelid as the best available and very easily applied. The tall heatpipes give excellent clearance over RAM and heatsinks and the fan is simple to clip on to the heatsink. Using the motherboard's fan controller I had an Intel i7 4790k idling at 34C with the fan running at 330rpm, inaudible over the case fans. The only slight negative is the sheer size makes releasing the graphics card's PCI-e socket clip a little difficult with large fingers but the blunt end of the screwdriver came in handy here.
on 3 August 2015
Really good fan but there are two things you need to be aware:
1. In my ASUS ROG Maximus VI I have Kingston HyperX Beast RAM that I had to move to slots 2 and 4 since I was not able to use them due to a size of Noctua 14.
2. Your BIOS (as mine did) can actually report CPU fan issue and create panic attack. The cure is to lower down the minimum amount of rotation per minute in your BIOS for fan monitoring since this one is "little bit" bigger and needs less spinning. You can set it to 200 or 300 RPMs.
on 24 April 2014
A straightforwardly good case fan. Easy to fit and includes fittings for almost every CPU you could need. Not too loud and easy to adjust the fan. This was part of my first PC build in a decade and this cooler came highly recommended. It was astonishingly simple to get it in place, and then adjust the fan direction as I was fitting the motherboard in the case. In action it's doing the job well, my CPU (quad core 3.2 Ghz Intel Haswell) nice and cool. Very happy.
on 21 October 2015
Forget the word slim in the title - its like saying the Atlantic ocean is one of the smaller oceans. However it does have great RAM clearance and it is so quiet and so efficient. I used my computer for virtual workload so the cpu is worked hard and its does the job brilliantly. I coupled this with their case fans and thermal paste so I am really looking from the whole system perspective but undoubtedly I am happy with this. I don't think you can beat
on 20 April 2014
As i previously stated for another product i purchased from noctua (nf f12 pwm fans)

They are the top of the top cooling company right now.

The only bad thing is their color scheme they use for their products but soon enough they releasing black scheme fans.

I removed the fan tho,and i added a Phanteks PH-140TS to match my computers color scheme.
on 22 October 2014
Excellent cooler, bought to replace Corsair H100i water cooler. It's quieter, cools very nearly as well and it works without any software being needed. I added a second fan and it dropped the temps by a couple of degrees. The colour is a bit of a Marmite thing, but inside the case it's out of site, unless you have a windowed side panel.
on 21 March 2015
+ Very good performance *
+ Excellent workmanship
+ Good work culture
+ Pleasant to the eye look
+ Amount of accessories
+ The length of the manufacturer's warranty and support
+ Uncomplicated installation of cooling
on 6 November 2013
After reading enough reviews from other tech forums for many air coolings Noctua once again earned my trust and honestly is the best choice considering the demands the new series of AMD and Intel processors have.I recommend it 100%
on 4 October 2015
Great noctua quality, If you have room for this thing i can't recommend it enough. Just check measurements as it only just fitted inside my case. Comes with lots of accessories. Will always use Noctua products from now on.