Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£20.99

on 26 July 2013
The moment you unwrap this book, you can appreciate the time, thought and effort that has gone in to creating the definitive Peruvian cookbook. The 'padded' cover is wonderful. Clean, fresh and inviting, like the tiles of a Peruvian cafe.

Once inside, the book is packed with delicious sounding recipes and beautifully photographed dishes, printed on heavyweight paper to give the whole package a feel of quality. As for the recipes, the ingredients and steps are laid out simply and clearly.

Having spent some weeks in Peru earlier this year, enjoying the fresh local seafood and the delicious mountain cooking, I searched for a clear recipe book that would allow me to enjoy a taste of Peru in the comfort of my own English home. Until Ceviche came along, I searched in vain. But it was worth the wait.

Ceviche is quite possibly the ideal cookbook, allowing you to prepare and enjoy good quality food from your own kitchen, with just the right level of adventure to spice up any evening.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 May 2014
Ceviche Peruvian Kitchen is, simply, stunning. One of the best cookery books I've ever read and one I'll go back to again and again.

Martin Morales writes with passion; it's reflected in the recipes and the presentation. The book is filled with a sense of zest for life and vibrancy and many recipes use zingy, spicy ingredients which mirror that pizzaz! The photographs alone are almost tangible. They not only tempt, they inspire.

It's a privilege to read the stories behind many of the recipes. It's a book filled with memories which add a whole different depth and dimension to the cooking side. Every recipe has a story about family life or Peruvian culture. There's a real sense of history and insight into the many influences, for example Chinese, Italian and Latino, which have shaped traditional Peruvian cooking.

There's a real energy to the recipes; ingredients are tasty, colourful and often packed with nutrients. But the cooking style is easily achieved in any home kitchen. Martin Morales has compiled a selection of dishes and drinks which can be prepared by anyone and look as if they've been served by a professional. They're impressive but practical. No way out ingredients or endless hours of preparation so it's the type of book which should happily grace the shelf of anyone with even a remote interest in cooking.

This is one of very few cookery books which have totally blown me away. I love it and it's one I'll be working with for a long time to come.

My thanks to publisher, Ten Speed Press for a review copy via Netgalley.
on 30 July 2013
Fantastic book. Looks stunning and loved the insights into life as well as just giving recipies. Really makes the recipes come to life by giving them context.
Recipes are varied and easy to follow and easy to make.
Best book of the year by far.
on 25 May 2015
What a amazing book! I have just been to Peru and fell in love with its cuisine. Martin's book is full of great recipes and information. It was bought as a gift for a friend and now I am getting one for myself!
Amazing book! incredible useful as it also contains a section on where to find all the Peruvian ingredients that are usually hard to find. Love the book presentation and the way it speaks to us directly. I have been following Martin Morales's youtube channel and he always surprises me and delights me with new recipes that are also contain in this book. The book has a great variety of Peruvian dishes and most of them re not hard to prepare.
on 6 February 2016
we are peruvian food enthusiasts and we have visited the Ceviche restaurant many times in London. The book is quite inspirational and nice to have in your cookbook collection, includes all these nice recipes you tried in the restaurant but be prepared for a big fuss as all recipes require a long list of ingredients that might be not useful for other recipes. I have this books for months and I only managed to cook one recipe (a very simple one).
on 20 December 2013
Having recently visited Peru we were keen to see if food in the Uk was just as good.
After visiting Ceviche in London we can say it is and the book details all the favourites that we tried.
A well illustrated easy to follow cook book.
on 30 July 2013
What a brilliant book. Having visited the author's great restaurant in Soho (highly recommended if you're ever in the area) I was delighted to see he'd written a recipe book so I could try and produce some of the dishes myself. It's a very well written book, and full of delicious recipes. You won't be disappointed!
on 10 July 2014
Gorgeous recipes - husband loves cooking them and we all love eating them
on 30 July 2013
Having been to Peru a few years ago, I visited `Ceviche', the restaurant, twice and was duly impressed with the Peruvian food served there. I was eager therefore, to order a copy of `Ceviche' the book. I am very impressed with Martin Morales' book, not only the recipes, which are clear and easy to follow, but the way the whole book is set out. It is so colourful and inspiring! I particularly liked its introduction, which was personal and very nicely put together. The book is interspersed with little references to Peru's food history, its festivities and customs and personal reference to family members who influenced Martin's love of, and interest in, Peruvian food. This definitely gave him his enthusiasm and mindset to bring authentic Peruvian cuisine to London. The photography is excellent, and I love the ones taken in Peru itself, which bring back fond memories for me. It is a book, not only to refer to and cook from, but also a book to possess.