4.0 out of 5 stars Good for running, not perfect
I bought this product for long distance running, in preparation for a marathon. I've used them a number of times on long runs and I had no major issues with them. It's a great product with a good price, but it has some flaws. For me specifically, I was looking for a way to listen to music without having to touch my smartphone. So first, bad points:
- it has buttons...
Published 14 months ago by Mihai Borcan

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible bluetooth connection, don't waste your money
Having had these headphones for a few days I can say that they are great if you're just going to use them whilst sitting down with the connected device about 30cm from your head. If you actually intend on wearing these headphones in any way other than above then forget it, the bluetooth connection is TERRIBLE.

I bought these with the intention of using them at...
Published 5 months ago by C. Eddington

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for running, not perfect, 10 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Sonixx X-Fit Wireless Earphones Bluetooth Headphones / Headset with Microphone - 3 Year Warranty (Electronics)
- it has buttons for volume up and volume down, which if you long press become Next song / previous song. I really really wanted to modify the presets to change songs on a short press, since I change songs much more often than the music volume. I looked in up on the internet, there is no information. So that was a bummer, I had to settle for long pressing the button for 2-3 seconds (while running).
- documentation isn't great, and like I mentioned there is nothing that I found on the internet. There is a leaflet with usage, though.
- the cable stands behind your neck and it often gets annoying while running long distances - eventually you get used to it, but not always.
- sound quality isn't spectacular.

However, there are plenty of good points to consider:
- this is one of the cheapest products I could find - I congratulated myself on not paying more than double for similar products on Amazon that essentially have the same features.
- although quality isn't spectacular, it's more than enough for running and it does a good job at drowning traffic
- they're easy to set up and use, bluetooth connection is simple to achieve with a smartphone (Samsung S3 in my case)
- the signal is strong enough, I got maybe 5 seconds' worth of signal interruption in total.
- strong and durable, resistant to sweat.
- the earbuds are pretty comfortable, they won't fall out of your ear by themselves, and even if they do you have rubber thingies to keep them in place.
- battery life is more than sufficient - they never ran out, my longest run took about 3h and I never had an issue (with prior recharging)

All in all, this might be the best choice when looking for wireless headphones. There's no perfect product on the market yet, but this is good enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 21 Aug. 2014
Derek10 (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
Used these for the first time today and my first impressions are that they are superb. I have tried many other bluetooth headsets in the past and gave up on them. They were uncomfortable and didn't stay in my ears. The biggest issue I used to find with them was that the volume was nowhere near loud enough even on full volume. In the end I gave up on bluetooth and came to the conclusion that the bluetooth technology was still not sufficiently developed to a satisfactory, useable standard.

I am finding no such issues with these so far. The sound is crisp and very loud! The sound is as good if not better than my wired in the ear headphones. I prefer the in the ear type as I think walking round with huge earphones over your head looks absolutely ridiculous and is a bit of a pet hate of mine.

They are very comfortable and stay in place, in part thanks to the very useful little attachments that come with them which go around your ears. You can also move your head around freely from side to side without the earphones pulling and feeling like they could come out. They also connect and pair with no issues.

For £35 these are seriously good value.

The only thing I can't yet comment on is battery life as I only used them for about 40 mins to try them and then turned them off.

So at the moment, I give these earphones 5 stars. I just hope the battery life isn't poor and the things don't develop any faults otherwise I may have to edit my review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect headphones for running, 20 July 2013
I never normally leave reviews for products (even though I probably should) but I simply have to for these headphones. Lightweight, secure in the ear (many headphones fall out of my ears), faultless bluetooth connection and great sound. If you're looking for some bluetooth headphones for running/exercise then look no further! Lots of different accessories included in the hard carry case to best suit your needs. I just wish I'd found them sooner!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible bluetooth connection, don't waste your money, 18 Aug. 2014
C. Eddington (York, UK) - See all my reviews

I bought these with the intention of using them at the gym and whilst training on my bike but I've found that it constantly cuts out whilst my phone is in my pocket or in the back pocket of a cycling jersey. Even when sat down with a reasonable connection, if I happen to get my arm or hand in the way then it will cut out.

They're just not fit for purpose and they're about to go back to Amazon for a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Jabra sports / Plantronics back beat by a mile...., 28 May 2013
M. Chambers "commissioner gordon" (Newcastle - England) - See all my reviews
Great sound, easily connects, loads of ear adaptors/options. Battery on first charge still and now at 4hrs play with 90% volume. love them, buy them.... great warranty.

3.0 out of 5 stars Non-Standard Charging Cable, 5 Jun. 2014
The Specifications say this is a micro USB charger, but it isn't. It is something similar but not the same. I have lost the cable and can not find anything to charge it. Actually contemplating buying another pair just to get the cable, but I think I will look for a pair with standard microusb. Other that that they are good earphones. Many ear bud configurations, you are sure to find one that is comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what i was looking for!, 11 Jan. 2014
The headphones are perfect. The fit is very good and you can exercise freely without worrying about them falling off. The sound quality is very good and the pairing with both iphone and nexus 5 is perfect without interruptions. The only thing that would make the product better is longer battery life but it's not something that is a deal breaker for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unusable, 2 Aug. 2014
The headphones are lightweight, easy to use and comfortable (in my ears). I wasn't able to test them running though as there was no way to position my iphone to give a consistent signal. The only way to get a strong signal was to hold the phone next to my ear, which kind of eliminates the benefit of wireless headphones... Signal cut out every couple of seconds even when standing still and holding the phone in my hand!

Unsure if there is sample variability here as some people seem to love them. Given the performance of this pair I can't see how. Not fit to be sold.

3.0 out of 5 stars X Fit Wireless - Gym use, 21 May 2014
Positives!

Looks - They look great, similar in size and shape to the Jaybirds range of bluetooth earphones. If you are worried about the size of the earpieces, don't be. After a few days of wear you get used to how they look.

Staying capability - The earpeices are light, a lot lighter than expected. I have only used the earpieces with the in ear hooks and they have not fallen out once. I tested these during explosive workouts that involved jump squats, burpees and sprints.

Negatives!

Build Quality - They feel extremely cheap to me and that they would break easy enough. There are little rattles from inside one of the earpeices, the plastic feels cheap and coupling that with how light they are it really doesn't seem like the team Sonixx have blown the budget on materials. The buttons too do not have a firm feeling when pressed and they also seem to rattle when the headset is moved. But these are minor gripes, they could have been doing this purposely to make the headset lighter.

Comfort - For the first 30 - 45 mins they feel like nothing in the ear, then after that they get uncomfortable. I use the small in ear hook and you can definitely feel it there.

Sound - I think I expected too much of these earpieces, seeing as they are Bluetooth. They lack a lot of bass, and everything else, mids and highs are just alright. The clarity is okay but you don't get that thumping bass you do from wired headsets which is definitely a negative for me.

Sound Leakage - This is the worst problem by a mile. The sound leakage is ridiculous at 60% volume and up. I got a friend to wear them and turn it up loud and i could hear clearly what song was playing from about 10 metres away. Having said that, this was done in a quiet house, i have not repeated this test in my noisy gym.

Range - Bluetooth range is not 10 metres, in my experience it averages about 5. Saying that, the furthest the headset would get from my phone would be on the floor when im on the pull up bar, so it is fine for gym use, and even better if your device is in your pocket.

Overall!

Price - Roughly about lower to middle end of this market of bluetooth headsets in terms of price. You pay for the bluetooth capabilities, not necessarily sound quality with these. The price I would say is a little high, although fair. I remain reserved on the fact of longevity of the headset, as I said they do feel cheap and I hope they will not break. I have only been using them for a week.

If anyone on here is looking to find a pair of headphones for gym/lifting/crossfit and similar activities, then I do recommend these headphones as an upgrade from a wired set. I own already the Sonixx X - Touch wireless headphones and I must say they are absolutely top class, beats wireless do not even come close, so needless to say I was expecting a lot from these.

They didnt deliver perfectly when it comes to sound, but in terms of staying in your ears they are perfect. As far as I am concerned these are a pair of earphones made to assist your fitness goals and they do that. Music gives me that extra percent I need during a workout, and these provide that - tangle free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally good headphones., 20 May 2014
I am very pleased with these earphones. They are easy to pair with your devices (in my case a Samsung Galaxy S5 and a Google Nexus 7) and hold a reasonable charge (about 6 hours of playtime). Also, the case that comes with them is well made and sturdy.

Just one thing. When I ordered these earphones, I was concerned that the wire connecting the two ear pieces would not be long enough. I haven't got a large head (well, I don't think so), but the wire in the photograph doesn't look very long at all.

If you were thinking the same,don't worry. The photograph is just a little misleading. You actualy have just over 2 feet of wire between the ear pieces (and a tiny clip to shorten the length if you wish).

I like these earphones so much that I have just ordered a second pair.