5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect headphones for running
Published 12 months ago by Paul

3.0 out of 5 stars X Fit Wireless - Gym use
Positives!

Looks - They look great, similar in size and shape to the Jaybirds range of bluetooth earphones. If you are worried about the size of the earpieces, don't be. After a few days of wear you get used to how they look.

Published 2 months ago by Adam

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect headphones for running, 20 July 2013
This review is from: Sonixx X-Fit Wireless Earphones Bluetooth Headphones / Headset with Microphone - 3 Year Warranty (Electronics)
I never normally leave reviews for products (even though I probably should) but I simply have to for these headphones. Lightweight, secure in the ear (many headphones fall out of my ears), faultless bluetooth connection and great sound. If you're looking for some bluetooth headphones for running/exercise then look no further! Lots of different accessories included in the hard carry case to best suit your needs. I just wish I'd found them sooner!

3.0 out of 5 stars X Fit Wireless - Gym use, 21 May 2014
Positives!

Staying capability - The earpeices are light, a lot lighter than expected. I have only used the earpieces with the in ear hooks and they have not fallen out once. I tested these during explosive workouts that involved jump squats, burpees and sprints.

Negatives!

Build Quality - They feel extremely cheap to me and that they would break easy enough. There are little rattles from inside one of the earpeices, the plastic feels cheap and coupling that with how light they are it really doesn't seem like the team Sonixx have blown the budget on materials. The buttons too do not have a firm feeling when pressed and they also seem to rattle when the headset is moved. But these are minor gripes, they could have been doing this purposely to make the headset lighter.

Comfort - For the first 30 - 45 mins they feel like nothing in the ear, then after that they get uncomfortable. I use the small in ear hook and you can definitely feel it there.

Sound - I think I expected too much of these earpieces, seeing as they are Bluetooth. They lack a lot of bass, and everything else, mids and highs are just alright. The clarity is okay but you don't get that thumping bass you do from wired headsets which is definitely a negative for me.

Sound Leakage - This is the worst problem by a mile. The sound leakage is ridiculous at 60% volume and up. I got a friend to wear them and turn it up loud and i could hear clearly what song was playing from about 10 metres away. Having said that, this was done in a quiet house, i have not repeated this test in my noisy gym.

Range - Bluetooth range is not 10 metres, in my experience it averages about 5. Saying that, the furthest the headset would get from my phone would be on the floor when im on the pull up bar, so it is fine for gym use, and even better if your device is in your pocket.

Overall!

Price - Roughly about lower to middle end of this market of bluetooth headsets in terms of price. You pay for the bluetooth capabilities, not necessarily sound quality with these. The price I would say is a little high, although fair. I remain reserved on the fact of longevity of the headset, as I said they do feel cheap and I hope they will not break. I have only been using them for a week.

If anyone on here is looking to find a pair of headphones for gym/lifting/crossfit and similar activities, then I do recommend these headphones as an upgrade from a wired set. I own already the Sonixx X - Touch wireless headphones and I must say they are absolutely top class, beats wireless do not even come close, so needless to say I was expecting a lot from these.

They didnt deliver perfectly when it comes to sound, but in terms of staying in your ears they are perfect. As far as I am concerned these are a pair of earphones made to assist your fitness goals and they do that. Music gives me that extra percent I need during a workout, and these provide that - tangle free.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for running, not perfect, 10 Nov 2013
I bought this product for long distance running, in preparation for a marathon. I've used them a number of times on long runs and I had no major issues with them. It's a great product with a good price, but it has some flaws. For me specifically, I was looking for a way to listen to music without having to touch my smartphone. So first, bad points:
- it has buttons for volume up and volume down, which if you long press become Next song / previous song. I really really wanted to modify the presets to change songs on a short press, since I change songs much more often than the music volume. I looked in up on the internet, there is no information. So that was a bummer, I had to settle for long pressing the button for 2-3 seconds (while running).
- documentation isn't great, and like I mentioned there is nothing that I found on the internet. There is a leaflet with usage, though.
- the cable stands behind your neck and it often gets annoying while running long distances - eventually you get used to it, but not always.
- sound quality isn't spectacular.

However, there are plenty of good points to consider:
- this is one of the cheapest products I could find - I congratulated myself on not paying more than double for similar products on Amazon that essentially have the same features.
- although quality isn't spectacular, it's more than enough for running and it does a good job at drowning traffic
- they're easy to set up and use, bluetooth connection is simple to achieve with a smartphone (Samsung S3 in my case)
- the signal is strong enough, I got maybe 5 seconds' worth of signal interruption in total.
- strong and durable, resistant to sweat.
- the earbuds are pretty comfortable, they won't fall out of your ear by themselves, and even if they do you have rubber thingies to keep them in place.
- battery life is more than sufficient - they never ran out, my longest run took about 3h and I never had an issue (with prior recharging)

All in all, this might be the best choice when looking for wireless headphones. There's no perfect product on the market yet, but this is good enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Jabra sports / Plantronics back beat by a mile...., 28 May 2013
M. Chambers "commissioner gordon" (Newcastle - England) - See all my reviews
Great sound, easily connects, loads of ear adaptors/options. Battery on first charge still and now at 4hrs play with 90% volume. love them, buy them.... great warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 19 Mar 2014
Great product and works well. Minor point. Instruction manual is wrong. Minus switch selects next track in music playback and plus switch starts album from the begining again. No guide as to how the various adapters to retain the earpieces on your ears, are fitted. I suppose its obvious really but not if you are a senior and have never used these type of devices previously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what i was looking for!, 11 Jan 2014
The headphones are perfect. The fit is very good and you can exercise freely without worrying about them falling off. The sound quality is very good and the pairing with both iphone and nexus 5 is perfect without interruptions. The only thing that would make the product better is longer battery life but it's not something that is a deal breaker for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth Headphones., 31 Dec 2013
These Bluetooth headphones are excellent. easy to pair with any Bluetooth device. very light and with the wire joining earpieces, much more comfortable than the ones with solid band .

5.0 out of 5 stars Has changed my life!, 15 Dec 2013
After years of getting through earphones, ear plugs, sports headphones and several mic headsets every other month, I've finally found something long lasting that works! Simple to use. Free from tangle. Comfortable to wear. Great sound. Good mic. Fair range of distance. These have absolutely and totally changed my day to day experience using my iPhone. I speak on the phone a lot, and am always listening to music. Sonixx X-Fit frees up my time as well as my hands. No more untangling. No more loose connections. No more shelling out for replacement headphones. Mo more callers I can't hear. Obviously, the mic is less likely to directly pick up your voice when speaking in noisy environments like on a busy main road or on a bus - but that's more to do with my phone etiquette in public - rather than a fault with these headphones. I can't recommend them enough. Love. Them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent wireless headphones, 29 Sep 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite disappointed.., 12 Aug 2013
that they only worked perfectly for a month before starting to cut out intermittently. Apparently this happens with even the most expensive wireless headphones too. I'll not be buying any more of these and will go back to my Sony wired ones.