Bought for my 7 year old's birthday and she has played with it so much. You do need to place the "freeze pen" in the freezer for about 30 mins for it to work properly but as a concept of girlie monster lego it's great. Enough doll pieces in the Design Chamber for lots of combinations and there's plenty of add-on kits to expand if needed.
Published 6 months ago by All Things Blue

2.0 out of 5 stars A total let down
I managed to put this together with all the bits so that was a plus. The only plus.

Published 13 months ago by Mrs Pepperpot

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars A total let down, 12 Nov 2013
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Monster High Create a Monster Colour Me Creepy Design Chamber (Toy)

There is a fair bit of set up involved. The doll has to go in the fridge for five minutes and then rest. One of the pens has to be filled with water and go in the freezer. Then there are some containers that have to be filled with warm or cold water. One of the pens has a light. I'm still unclear if it is supposed to get warm too, as the 'instructions' are unclear.

You can also spray the doll's hair to highlight it - well it just got wet, that was all.

It just doesn't do what it says it will. The doll has some kind of colour change technology in her limbs and dress but it is nigh on impossible to use the implements to make any designs. And I tried, oh yes, I did. It looks really easy on the TV advert doesn't it? In practice, it is frustrating, disappointing and I feel a bit swindled too. I would add a sad face if I had one to put here.

We didn't try to erase any designs as we hadn't managed to make any.

I've given it two stars for the doll, as when you hold her in your hand, her limbs do change colour, which is mildly entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Monster High Create a Monster COlour Me Creepy Design Chamber, 16 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars monsters high, 1 Dec 2013
My grandchildren loved the whole idea of creating their own style doll both girls loved how they could make each one so different

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, 11 Jun 2014
Monsters high great play set with lots of bits, well made, hours of fun very pleased with it,and it arrived on time

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 10 May 2014
Mrs P (Wales, U.K) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 7 year old daughter for Christmas when on offer but she was very frustrated with the playset. You have to freeze part of it and she found it fiddly and in turn doesn't play with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it, 17 Mar 2014
Again, as a 9 year old Monster High addict, my daughter loves this play set.
I do think its alot of money for what you get, but the set design and idea is excellent.
It is not the kind of play set you can just play with though as there is a little prep involved with putting the pens in the freezer and such!
But overall my daughter loves it and that's all that matters!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Present, 23 Feb 2014
I bought two of these for my grand daughters and they have had hours of fun playing with them. I'd recommend it for 4-10year olds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present, 21 Feb 2014
I bought this for my 9 year old daughter and was not disappointed. She had it as a Christmas present and loves it. Good price too.

4.0 out of 5 stars popular toy, 13 Feb 2014
I bought this for my granddaughters 7th birthday in december and she was very pleased with it.
It was a good price compared to the local toyshops

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 12 Feb 2014
Excellent product, it is very good and deserves the five star rating. This product is exactly what I expecting and I would recommend this to anyone who is considering buying it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›