on 11 March 2011
The book gives a really indepth view on annas relationship with God, martin smith her husband and her 6 children.It goes into depth into her compassion for poverty and how her and martin and dealt with this by using their idea called compassionart which is their way of helping combat social justice.It is written well and tells stories which keep your interest, i read the book in three hours, and i feel like nothing is impossible.Just reach for your dreams and it can happen.
on 10 July 2012
I bought this book for my wife as I thought she'd enjoy it and perhaps find some encouragement as we have suffered repeated miscarriages over the last two years. I ended up reading it first and couldn't put it down. Its very easy to whizz through which is testament to how well it's written. The book is engaging and a useful insight into the other side of Delirious as a family unit with all its strains and struggles. This book will also make you laugh. In particular this book has massively helped me to deal with grieving for our lost pregnancies, to see things from the female perspective, and at the same time challenged me - (such an overused Christian statement) to use this time to draw near to God again after a number of years uninterested in church and faith. I agree with Anna that "faith is not faith until its tested!" I think there will be something for everyone in this little read. By davebaylay83@gmail.com
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 March 2014
This book makes me feel normal!
as I mum of 5 this has helped me see I'm not alone in they ways of a larger family.
I have great respect for Anna having read this - she is not just the wife of the singer in a group I used to follow. But she is an amazing (but down to earth) mum who has a great, deep faith. A great read and inspirational. Recommended!!
Thank you Anna for sharing this!
on 20 January 2012
A must read for every wife and mother! Anna Smith has devoted herself to her husband and to raising her children and she's a testimony of unselfish servanthood. She's written about the way she's lived her life with children in the home and a husband often away on business. They've all survived well because Mum was prepared to be a stay at home mother who kept the home together when Dad was away.
on 22 February 2015
I would definitely recommend this book, I have passed it along to friends to read and they are lending the book to their friends to read.
Anna Smith is a great Author, up to date I have purchased all of her books and have not been disappointed. What a great Author. M.Miller
on 16 May 2013
Anna Smith sounds like the sort of person you would just love being around. Her feet are firmly on the ground and yet she has this ability to turn even the most mundane of moments into one that allows her to fly. Learnt a lot from her. Thank you Mrs Smith :)
on 24 November 2012
I grew up loving Delirious and it was interesting to see the other side of the story, As a mum of young children I found it encouraging that Anna struggled with the same things as me but was still able to keep her focus on God.
on 24 November 2013
Very enjoyable read for anyone who loves Martin Smith! In depth story of the life of Anna & how to stay married to Martin (living with a rock legend )- with all the ups & downs of life.
on 9 May 2013
I found this to be interesting on several levels and would recommend it as an absorbing read. It also demonstrates how Christian faith can be lived out in daily life.
on 14 October 2014
Fun book hearing the story of another heart. A wonderful inspiring story and the realities of walking faith in a family! Thanks for sharing Mrs Smith!