Format: Audio CDChange

on 10 July 2013
I am a huge fan of country music, which includes artists like Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Tim McGraw, Keith Urban and Lady Antebellum.
I had previously heard some of Hunter's songs online but I didn't think anything of it until I bought this CD. I purposely decided to wait until this deluxe version of the album was released. Now I can say that Hunter is my favourite new artist! The fact that he plays all the instuments on the album is astounding in itself with all of the songs (that he wrote) being amazing! The encore version also features Jason Mraz and Ashley Monroe which is a lovely addition. The songs are catchy, well crafted, and all around beautiful. My personal favourites are 'Storm Warning' 'Wanted' 'Love Makes Me'and I also love 'I Want Crazy' and 'In a song' from the deluxe part!

This guy is going to be around for a while and I can just tell! He is just beginning his career and it'll be a successful one. Especially as he performed with MR STEVIE WONDER a few weeks ago, afterwards Stevie himself lauded him as a "blessing to country music". That's incredible for a new artist!

I really hope he comes over to the UK soon to put on a few shows :)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Hunter Hayes is a new artist and this is his debut album. He probably has more of a pop than a country vocal but it is country music with a modern pop crossover appeal. The songs are catchy and enjoyable. The highlight is the c
Very catchy Wanted. An enjoyable country pop album. Recommended.
on 11 December 2012
With Hunter's beautiful, powerful voice and the catchy songs, this album brings a smile to my face and has me dancing 'round the room. I would recommend to anyone who likes pop/rock/country - I didn't realise I liked Country music before hearing this, but i love it!
on 11 September 2013
There's no getting away from it, Hunter Hayes is and incredible talent - a great vocalist, fantastic musician capable on a number of instruments and a top draw songwriter... and all this at age 22! The first track of his that I heard was 'Wanted', some time back when he was about 20/21 and was blown away to find out that he had written such a classy and mature track at such a young age. So why just four stars? I think there is much more to come from Mr Hayes. This album is a great showcase of his talents and has set him an undeniably solid foundation upon which he can build his future career. As far as albums go, I don't want to say that there are filler tracks but there are certainly some lighter, less substantial, more pop tracks that are more forgettable, but these are few and do not take away from the truly strong tracks that make up most of the weight.

It's not a perfect album, or even a classic but when you think of the legends of country music past and present ask yourself if they could have put out material this good (written, played and sung) in their late teens/early twenties... even if the answer is yes, it just goes to show that Hunter Hayes is in good company. Most certainly one to watch.
on 26 July 2013
I love every song on this CD, I think Hunter is incredible, he co-writes ALL of his songs, and plays all the instruments (over 30 of them) on his album. The songs are brilliant so heartfelt and perfect, its a real shame that other artists manage to become famous, when they are auto-tuned, singing to someone elses song - It makes no sense !! Anyway Love THIS CD ! arrived in a couple of days even though its from America, and yes the CDs work perfectly in our CD players or on computer ! XD
on 2 March 2012
This CD is difficult to describe, The lyrics are good and tell the stories well, the instrumentals fit and timing is perfect and Hunter's voice is perfectly in tune. I think the problem maybe youth, some of the songs in my opinion would be better suited to someone older but then again it may just be that his voice is an octave or two to high for my liking. The tracks Storm warning and Everybody's got somebody but me, are the best tracks the rest I can take or leave but I do look forward to what comes next from this talented young lad.
on 15 August 2014
I've listened to Encore album and I love it! So a few months later literally had to beg my mum to order it. Took ages to come and get it delivered to my house and I really wanted to bring it to Wales... Anyway, when I opened it... It was really difficult to open and when I unsealed it... It has got weird marks at the back of the album and at the front it has a scratch D;
on 6 August 2013
I heard one song continuously on country radio and on the strength of that bought this cd, it is brilliant all the way through, this young man is so talented and if he were here in the UK he would be a teenager heart throb. I love all the songs, he plays lots of instruments, writes his own songs and sounds on some tracks like a country Michael Buble, just awesome.
on 12 November 2012
Utterly fantastic CD and a must buy if you like kinda country style music. I first heard Hunter on youtube by coincidence I didn't realise he was the singer I had been trying to find about for long time. Just love it and worth every penny spent...not the cheapest CD I ever bought but play it over and over and never tire!
on 25 February 2013
This is an amazing cd, Hunter is my favourite male singer. It has a nice mixture of slow songs and faster songs. My favourites include if you told me to and everybody's got somebody but me :) I recommend his music if you like artists such as Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum and Carrie Underwood.