Published 15 months ago by Richard H Kennaugh

3.0 out of 5 stars MORE TROUBLE THAN ITS WORTH
MULTI REGION / MULTI CONFUSION
After 5 months trying to get to grips with this player the frustration is killing me!
I spent several hours working out how this player actually does the basics when I first got it, and it does a brilliant job playing DVDs and BLU RAYs from all regions. There the good news ends!

I have had several different makes and...
Published 7 days ago by Keith Naylor

4.0 out of 5 stars Initially unhappy with vendor but they did come back and product is great, 14 Feb. 2014
Richard H Kennaugh (Amagansett, New York, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SONY 2D/3D BDP-S5100 All Zone Multi Region DVD Blu ray Player w Built in 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi - 2 USB, 1 HDMI, 1 COAX, 1 ETHERNET. 100~240V 50/60Hz Int'l Version with EU/UK Power Plug (2m HDMi Cable Included) (Electronics)
I bought this a couple of weeks ago. On the plus side, the picture quality is great. I had a few issues with not being able to change the Blu-Ray region but the vendor got back to me a after a couple of days... Make sure the quick start is set to OFF and the turn off the machine with the disc tray empty and hold down 1 for A etc while powering on with the button on the unit and the zone will change... I think with a decent quality cable this is almost every bit as good as a a supposed high end player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice one Amazon, 28 Jan. 2014
K. Bromley "The bears" (Nuneaton, warwickshire, England.) - See all my reviews
I'm very happy with this product as I've experienced difficulty in the past in obtaining a all zone/ multi region disc player, Amazon you have triumphed again!
Many thanks
Ken Bromley
28/1/2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Does more than I have wanted to use as yet., 18 Dec. 2013
Almost plug and play the registration a pain and the optional services via internet not of interest .But that is personal choice ,the machine does what it is advertised to do very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 17 Mar. 2014
I took a long time to choose thismachine because I was not quite clear on how much it would do, but I thought I would just get it and try it out. So far it has done quite well for me. I just wish it could play all the different bluray regions - I think for this price it should! All the 3D and wi-fi cannot make up for anything if I can't play all blurays on my expensive machine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Warranty only 90 days, 19 May 2014
K. J. Fry "Inverness" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
Only just received it today and it plays Region 'B' okay don't have any 'A' or 'C' yet to try.
However I did notice that the warranty is only 90 days, the mod means that you lose the Sony 1 year warranty.
Not too sure how long Amazon would look after it.

5.0 out of 5 stars sony multi region dvd and blu ray, 5 Oct. 2013
Loving....
This. I am not technical, yet i mastered most of the intricities of this useful bit of kit. Using the internet and being able to upload films is really useful. As for the picture quality... 2nd to none. Even my old DVD s look as though they have been remastered. blu ray is even better. The remote is so easy to use, even my little boy operates it with ease. Have not even used ALL the functions as yet. One of the best purchases I've made. Did my homework and alas, it paid off. Cannot recommend this product enough. BRILLIANT!

3.0 out of 5 stars MORE TROUBLE THAN ITS WORTH, 22 May 2015
MULTI REGION / MULTI CONFUSION

I have had several different makes and models and never struggled with any of them, but this machine has me beat.
The on screen home page menu is as confusing as they come. Making any adjustments is a task. No doubt this machine will do anything you want it to do, including brewing tea during the commercial breaks, but just try to fathom out how! And don't even think about trying 3D or the 2D to 3D facility!
It does have WI FI and after many hours I eventually got Youtube, but scrolling from point A to point B to actually watch it, or anything else, takes an eternity, and after more attempts than I care to remember I have given up trying to get Youtube to play unrestricted Adult movies.

If you simply want a player to play multi-region discs you may eventually succeed with it. If you're looking for a player that actually DOES all what's on the lid of the tin I suggest you go for a player that has a simple usable layout with clear straightforward instructions, rather than this baffling enigma. KAN

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little blu-ray / DVD player, 7 July 2013
Jan Poulsen (Arlinton, VA USA) - See all my reviews
The region free function works perfect and it's easy to switch region. Good picture and it works well with my Samsung TV. Only problem so far is that it will not upgrade firmware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Product, 17 Jan. 2015
I had a very bad experience in the past, purchasing a multi region blue ray player. It did not work, was not as advertised and poor communication from seller. This experience made me extremely paranoid about the possibility of buying another one. I am soooooooooooooo glad I did now. This product IS as advertised, it DOES what it says it does and it was delivered earlier than expected, which was a bonus. I am incredibly pleased with this product, and my thanks go out to the seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... whatched a few films on it and all looking great, 16 April 2015
Working well whatched a few films on it and all looking great