4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful case, ideal for safari

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't get what I was expecting
Published 1 month ago by Malbec

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful case, ideal for safari, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Triline Leather Camera Case Bag +Strap for Canon Powershot G15 G16 / Coffee (Camera)
This beautiful little case wraps your Canon camera up neatly like the black and white film cameras of old, in a stylish little case that wouldn't look out of place on the grandest of adventures. What's better is the safe knowledge that this case will improve with use and age: the more scuffs life adds to it, the better the case will look, the more impressive your adventures will seem.

The case is very well made, with material of decent thickness and strength to provide the security you want when facing the elements, and nicely lined to provide a safe surface against which to rest your favourite Canon. Tasteful colour, that I personally ruin by insisting on using the original, black Canon strap, not the perfectly adequate matching strap that is included, and neat stitching to bring out the detail. The case has a look and feel that rivals the Canon-branded case I had for my G12.

I'd have scored the case higher had it been a better fit for the G16, which is 2mm wider than its G15 sibling, and were the poppers not quite so stiff. That aside, if you have a G16/G15—the perfect point-and-shoot—this is exactly the case you need to complete the look and feel of the camera, and protect your wise investment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon G15 Camera Case, 2 Oct 2013
Wanted a good quality case for my G15 but was not impressed by the price of the Canon Case!!
I opted for the Triline which is a fraction of the price and am very pleased with it!
Good quality leather, fits a treat really pleased. I recommend it unreservedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I didn't buy the canon cover, 11 Aug 2013
hugely cheaper than the canon cover but certainly as good. delivered well within the specified period and in good condition

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 3 May 2013
This camera case came very quickly. The leather case is very good quality. I am very happy with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera case, 3 April 2014
R. Meloni (London, UK) - See all my reviews
It is a nice looking camera case that fits very well on my Canon G16. The case looks smart, it is light, fits tightly around the camera without adding too much volume and sturdy so it protects the camera well.
It is easy to remove the cover from the lens so that the camera can be used while the bottom half of the cover is still on.
The top half of the case removes totally. It would be nice if it was attached to the camera with a string or if there was a way to attach it around your neck while taking photos. I have found that I can leave one button stuck to the main part of the case so that I don't have to hold it if I don't have anywhere to put it, but not ideal.
Note that with the Canon G16 you need to unscrew the bottom part of the cover in order to access the memory card, cable port and battery. Not great if you need to access those on the go (for example to change the battery) but they are not frequently accessed parts of the camera so only a minor downside. Not perfect but overall it is a very good case, better than the one the camera comes with and better than other standard cases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just really nice, 27 Sep 2013
Mr. P. A. Johnston "Paul Johnston" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
Fits the camera really nicely, protects what needs to be protected, in short faultless.
Looks even better when it gets a bit scuffed!

5.0 out of 5 stars great fit, 2 Sep 2013
so much so my mother-in-law wants one looks good aswell over the shoulder easy to carry and take a great photo without taking it out of the case just great

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 6 Jun 2013
this fits my camera perfectly and is a good protective case that stays with the camera. it also gives the camera a vintage look!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Job, 5 Jun 2014
Gramps (East Anglia UK) - See all my reviews
This is a sturdy good-looking faux leather case which fits well and looks to be very durable whilst providing good protection. You can access all of the necessary controls on the camera by unbuttoning the front cover which then folds back to reveal the rear screen and controls. You might need to unbutton one of the two side studs to fully fold the cover back and then re-button it. This saves completely removing the whole front cover. The leather and fabric strap supplied, is designed to fit the camera and not the case so if you've already attached the Canon strap to the camera there's no real need to fit this one unless you want the complete "leather" look. Mine was supplied by a different vendor and came very quickly with the bonus of an included fabric tablet case.

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't get what I was expecting, 5 Jun 2014
I chose this item because it was a nice colour and reminded me of the case my Dad used to have for his old Leica SLR. What I actually got resembles this http://www.amazon.co.uk/MegaGear-Protective-Leather-Camera-PowerShot/dp/B00EX4TT92/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_0_1 which is a plain, dull brown with brass studs, not the "coffee" colour with silver studs I was expecting. It looks boring. However, it does fit and does the job but feels a bit cheap and has a plasticky smell, which I hope will wear off in time. It may look better once it has a few scuffs on it. It also arrived with a bright, fushia pink velvet draw string bag, which I wasn't expecting. It is certainly not my colour and I can't see the point of it. The supplier used when I ordered was not the one shown here, and it was shipped from China, not supplied by Amazon, although this option wasn't available when I ordered on 28 May 2014.

I will keep the case as I need something to protect my camera, but I'm likely to replace it eventually. I am disappointed not to have received the case I ordered.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›