on 1 January 2015
Unless your going to use it for VR it is not worth it for how expensive it is.
on 8 September 2013
Basically very great stuff to play with, great idea and affordable price to get taste of future right now. The only thing is that it still need to improve in it`s software coding, becouse sometimes it starts acting weird and to my mind need some gesture which like puts controller on pause or something, for example in google maps when i find something i need and than try to point on that place to show it for somebody controller catches my motion and spins map avay from that place. But i defenitely know that it will improve hardly in its software so i am shure it can only get better.
on 7 August 2013
As I am enthusiastic developer I bought my Leap Motion direct! I have now used the the device for just over a week and at first it was not straight forward to use but as I used it even more I became able to use it with ease. I downloaded all of the apps to control my Windows 8 laptop and got to grips with Google Earth pretty quickly. I appreciate other people have had teething problems with the device and I can only recommend that they persevere and hope that they are able to use the device just like I have.

I feel that this new, groundbreaking technology will start setting the scene on how we can control other devices going forward.

I can't wait to start developing my own apps!
on 30 August 2013
The software does let it down with inconsistencies in control between apps, and the current Windows 7 Touchless software is nearly useless as it's too awkward to use...

That said, the possibilities with this device are incredible. In the software where the movement is picked up very well, you can see what will be possible in the future. If the community/developers get behind this, I can see this becoming an everyday device, and it should as the fluid nature of the control that is possible, is far better than anything else I've come across in my 25 years in IT.
on 3 September 2013
I watched the videos and ordered Leap as soon as it was available.
It's well packaged and well made but is almost useless. I don't want to play games or draw, I want to be able to control Windows 8 with SIMPLE hand gestures.
I'm not expecting Minority Report, but this comes no where close.
They should have created a "Leap File Explorer" and that would have been a great start.

The unit has far too many issues with "too bright" lights, the developers must work with the lights off.

It's a too looking for a killer app, at the moment that app is not controlling the pc.

Returned my with great disappointment....
on 15 February 2014
Very fun device to play around with. Read on here that a lot of people were expecting more of it, but this is mostly for developers and not really for widespread public use. I bought it to develop on it and it's quite fun to play with for a while. But don't go thinking this will replace your mouse or revolutionize your gaming experience, but as a first iteration of the product, it does what it does quite good. If you want something to mess around with and have fun for a while, show it off to your friends or develop on it, it's quite good.
on 13 August 2013
I ordered this product and it was finally shipped via FedEx where it was held up on delivery due to there being no commercial invoice. I have attempted to contact Leap Motion numerous times by phone and email and get absolutely no response from them. I appreciate that the company has been overwhelmed by the interest shown in this product but this is no excuse for a total disregard of their paying customers. I have not tried the actual product but reviews online are overwhelmingly negative. I would avoid this company at all costs.
on 3 August 2013
I pre-ordered one of these over a year ago and was happy to be one of the first to get my hands on one.

Initially like many I was disappointed but after a week of using it and getting used to it I can easily say it's one of the coolest gadgets I've ever bought for my computer and it's not a bank breaker either considering the technology.

To get the most out of it you'll need Touchless or GameWave (recently released) from the AirSpace store.

I'm recommending it to all of my friends now and I'm also in the process of porting my own iOS games over to it!
on 1 November 2014
Great fun with this, although the novelty wore off quite quickly.
on 28 February 2014
Nice idea, especially if it could be a direct mouse replacement. BUT it is not. It doesn't come with any software and you have to sign up and download it as an app. But that basic software is then useless for doing anything useful in Windows. So you have to go to their app store and download something to make it do things in Windows. A lot of these apps cost money and the free ones are useless. So save your money and don't buy one.