5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Soundbar
I was looking for a soundbar and looking at the usual products, however, wasn't really happy with the width of the soundbars. During a websearch I came across reviews for this product and was immediately taken by the small width of the soundbar as well as having the wireless connection to the woofer that I was also looking for.

As all the reviews state, this is...
Published 23 months ago by Simon

1.0 out of 5 stars NEVER BUY FROM ORBITSOUND
I'm changing my first, good, review to this one.

the product seemed good and sounded good, which i what you want.

the trouble started when the subwoofer stopped working. it paired, but was silent.

Published on 3 May 2013 by Junius

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Soundbar, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Orbitsound M9 Bluetooth Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer (Electronics)

As all the reviews state, this is an excellent quality product and I'm really pleased that I found this product. The sound quality is excellent and the ability to manually adjust the volume of the woofer means that it is easy to tailor the sound to the room it is being used in. In addition the Bluetooth source input also makes this an excellent speaker for playing music or sound from vidoes from a Bluetooth enabled device such as a smartphone or tablet. It's really convenient not having to plug the tablet into a cabled input!

The build quality is excellent and both the soundbar and woofer have an excellent finish to it. Some of the reviews didn't rate the remote control that highly, but I don't have any issues with using it and it's more than adequate for its intended purpose.

I would 100% recommend this product and what's more it's from a British company!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 4 Sept. 2013
I bought a new bluray player, and so it was time for me to finally upgrade my sound. Their is no point having a bluray if your only going to listen to it through rubbish t.v. speakers. So I did a bit of looking around, browsing online at reviews and also recommendations from friends. After considering the options of 2.1 surround, 5.1, wired, wireless, etc, I'm glad to say I am happy with my choice. Orbitsound have built an excellent product. The speaker and subwoofer are shiny, robust, sleek looking pieces of kit. Most soundbars are quite long, so although shorter, makes up for it in width, but it fits just right, in front of my t.v. The subwoofer stands happily to one side on the floor. All I have to do, is turn both of them on, an they find each other within seconds wirelessly via Bluetooth. The soundbar sounds brilliant, highlighting everything you want to hear, and it doesn't matter where your sat. The subwoofer adds the kick. With a simple adjust of the bass or treble, you can alter how much 'boom' you wanna add to your sound. Ive even connected it via Bluetooth to my laptop at a bbq, and the music sounded incredible. Even turned up really loud, the sound quality remained crystal clear with plenty of bass.

The price is justified by not only its sound quality, but the joy of connectivity to any device with Bluetooth.
One down side to this, was when I tried having the subwoofer placed in a higher position in my living room on a cabinet. Becase of its higher position, it came into contact with other signals, either my router or other sources, and that causes the bass to drop in and out, then you have to reset the speaker at the back of each one to find reconnect. However, I found a better place for it on the floor in a safe place and it no longer suffers with any interference. Im guessing it was more susceptible being higher off the ground. It sound better on the floor anyway, as the sound travels acroos the floor and you can feel the difference as well.

Well worth your money, and it came delivered real quick too, two days after I ordered it lucky me! The product was very well packaged, they have taken great care to protect the subwoofer and soundbar. Absolute quality.
If you don't want wires trailing around your room, and you want something fun, accessible and attention grabbing sound quality, look no further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Orbitsound M9 - Very Good sound for the price, 19 Sept. 2013
Easy to use, good sound quality for the price with "warmth" and depth. It's the best of the compact sound bars I've l;istened to by some way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good sound improvement, 12 July 2013
Easy enough to set up, but couldn't link to Humax PVR via optic connection, thus the reason its not 5 stars, but that may be the fault of the Humax, and I have not tried support yet. I think this may be the reason that lip sync often needs adjusting. Oherwise very good quality, and great improvement over TV speakers. A very good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars orbitsound, 12 Dec. 2013
quick delivery nice piece of kit does exactly what it is meant to do very pleased now able to hear the tele more clearly

1.0 out of 5 stars NEVER BUY FROM ORBITSOUND, 3 May 2013
I'm changing my first, good, review to this one.

the product seemed good and sounded good, which i what you want.

it took ages not get orbit sound to respond, and then another long time before they said they could do something about it. they promised a replacement subwoofer and, when i asked if it would be new, they said it would.

the day of the delivery came, and i waited in. at 3.00pm , my phone have one ring and hung up. i returned the call. it was orbitsound to say that the delivery van hadn't collected the item the previous evening, so it would come to me a day late. when i asked why i'd waited in all day and they'd known by 9.00am that it wasn't coming the woman said that she'd been too busy to call me.

it came today, and, while it works, it certainly isn't new. it's scruffy, with finger-marks on the control panel, scuffed case with the finish rubbed off, and lint around the speaker panel where they've tried to clean it. terrible piece of kit. it wasn't even in the proper packaging but some bubble wrap and polystyrene they'd packed around it.

NEVER BUY FROM ORBITSOUND

4.0 out of 5 stars OK for the television, 29 Dec. 2013
K. D. Serle (winchester) - See all my reviews
I had been into HiFi with having owned some top end gear (like Linn & Naim) in the past.
I bought this soundbar from another supplier due to being £50 cheaper.
I have set it up using optical for the TV and phono for a bluray player.I also used the Bluetooth to connect to a HTC flyer I use for storing bought CD's in mp3. I have had the HTC connected to Onkyo mini system via a Logitech Bluetooth converter.
The sound via the optical is not to bad and better connected to the blueray via the phono. The music via the Bluetooth is not as good as my Onkyo and I will not be using the soundbar for music in the future.
So.....not bad for TV and DVDs, not so good for music

4.0 out of 5 stars nice to have sound system, 6 Dec. 2013
We were always having trouble hearing the dialogue when watching plays on TV so decided to purchase a soundbar as it was recommended by a friend, we are very pleased with it plus it's quite compact, the one downfall is that once you get the volume right for the dialogue, when there's a commercial break where there's music the sound is quite deafening.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, but a bit temperamental, 7 April 2014
Mr I (London, Eng) - See all my reviews
I am a little disappointed with the Bluetooth connection between the main speaker unit and the sub. I have re-paired it a number of times and it currently seems to be ok, but I was close to returning it! Lovely sound though.

1.0 out of 5 stars An audiophiles worst nightmare, 7 Sept. 2014
Mr. B. R. Good (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Very poor sound - and I've been en audiophile for decades.
There seems to be no automatic volume levelling whatsoever. When watching TV, music suddenly becomes extremely loud and drowns out voice. Speech goes from soft to LOUD for no REASON.
This was installed by a professional film editor who knows exactly what to do, so no error at our end.
The woofer is as useful as a chocolate teapot. Just a big booming noise that does absolutely nothing unless you happen to be having a party and are listening to drum and bass.
The volume control is not fit for purpose. This is apparently a new design. It is the worst volume control I have used in 40 years of buying and using home electronics. It barely communicates with device unless your arm is pointed violently at the speaker and pressed hard several times. You almost feel like you are going to break the control because you have to press so hard. Volume up only works if you PRESS HARD several times, and vice versa. Before you know it, sound is too loud.
I wish I had investigated some old reliable names like Marantz or Mission.