4.0 out of 5 stars Great (if you buy it cheaply!)
I bought this somewhere else *coughpoundlandcough!* & so was very dubious. My hair is ridiculously strong & three previous 'neutral' & 'ash' dyes had done very little to tone down the orange/yellow tones.
I left this on for forty minutes & it did a great job. That IS on previously bleached hair - my roots are still a dark orange :-/
I'd say it's good for either...
Published 6 days ago by Mama Bear

1.0 out of 5 stars No effect
Arrived promptly, followed instructions on my previously lightened hair, no effect whatsoever! Shame as was looking forward to lovely silver hair
Published 2 months ago by Mrs. P. T. Barlow

1.0 out of 5 stars No effect, 3 Jun 2014
Mrs. P. T. Barlow (BFPO, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2 x Mellor & Russell Simply Bright Hair Colour Cool Silver Hair Dye (Misc.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great (if you buy it cheaply!), 15 Aug 2014
I'd say it's good for either hair that succumbs easily to lightening or for toning down bleached hair that's too 'warm'!
I would definitely recommend two packs. My hair is very, very thick but it's only pixie length & I really had to eke it out to ensure full coverage.

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked!, 14 Aug 2013
Mrs. J. Loraine (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
I had to post this, as I had this hair dye ON MY HAIR when I read all the terrible reviews. It had been on for 20mins, so I just thought I may as well go and wash it off if it was so bad. I did and to my total surprise it had worked!

My hair was in bad condition as I had highlights a couple of weeks ago...so perhaps if your hair is very porous it works better??

1.0 out of 5 stars USELESS!, 2 Aug 2013
Having bleached my hair, it was an unfortunate orangey shade in places. I bought this product hoping to go silver. I would have been happy to just get rid of the orange. Applied product as per the instructions, waited the appropriate time, rinsed it off...result: absolutely no change whatsoever! It also entirely failed to work on my naturally-blonde friend. Utterly useless.

5.0 out of 5 stars marvellous!, 15 Aug 2013
malcolm (pimlico, london. uk) - See all my reviews
I was getting more and more depressed by the day with my hair.I'd used B4 to strip the various colours from my hair,then at last found the colour that I was looking for in a shop at Lewisham last week.I paid less than usual past hair dyes,and so bought a couple.I then came home and started on my hair immediately.
The result was fantastic!
I've now got the colour I was after and have no regrets.
Debbie blake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
great experience! happy with services and purchase!