5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed
I'm a total beginner and I'm so happy I found this book with all I need in one place, comprehensive, well explained, it takes you step by step and shows what you need to know in order to start DSLR Photography.
Published 12 months ago by L A

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic outline
Ok book for a complete beginner, it outlines the basic principles of the dslr. I am a beginner and although I learned a few things from this book I don't think that there was anything that I couldn't have found out about on general websites on digital photography. I think it is a little over priced for the size of the read.
Published 15 months ago by A. J. Horton

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for a beginner like me, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: DSLR Photography for Beginners: Take 10 Times Better Pictures in Just 3 Short Days! Best Way to Learn Digital Photography, Master Your DSLR Camera & Improve Your Digital SLR Photography Skills (Kindle Edition)
It seems to have all the basic information that I would expect such a book to have, with even the photos being clearly visible, something that is often missing in Kindle books. I've not finished it yet, but its my current book, and I'm finding it easy reading, and good to understand and follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 11 Oct 2013
This book was perfect for me because I don't have much time and I'm not too good at taking classes and after reading it I was actually more confident and knowledgeable. I took some amazing pictures at the weekend, the light was amazing and the focus excellent if I may say so myself.
I definitely recommend this book to all who are interested in digital photography, you will be amazed at what you can achieve and the knowledge you will gain after reading it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic outline, 10 July 2013
A. J. Horton (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A really useful guide!, 6 May 2014
This book is actually really fantastic for the price. It covers all the aspects of digital photography you could need as a beginner. In addition to how to physically operate the camera for different effects and styles it also includes information on framing shots, composition and graphic design software.
The amount of settings options available on a modern day DSLR can be daunting but this book helps break them down into individual components and their use, allowing you to understand how everything works together to create the perfect shot!
It is also handy that it's a Kindle book which means I can carry the book for reference in my camera bag whilst out and about taking photos!
All in all a great book which is exactly what it says it is... DSLR Photography for Beginners!
Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY HANDY GUIDE, 24 Feb 2014
I'M STILL VERY NEW TO DSLR PHOTOGRAPHY. THIS GUIDE IS JUST THE TICKET, IT STARTS OUT WITH THE ASSUMPTION THAT YOU KNOW SOME BASIC THINGS ABOUT THE SUBJECT AND YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR CAMERA OUT AND SWITCHED ON TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. BUT TRY AND BE PATIENT YOU WILL GET THERE EVENTUALLY

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book on digital photography!!, 19 Feb 2014
I am thinking of learning some photography and I have to say my skills are not the best. I was looking for something that would take me from start to finish and I am glad I got this book. It covers everything that I need to get started on single lens reflex photography. It teaches you about lens, apertures, shutter speed, ISO sensitivity and so on in a language that I can follow well without getting lost in the complex subject of digital photography. Its amazing how you can take photos of high speed trains if you have the right shutter speed on. I highly recommended this book over the others I have bought.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick introduction, 5 Nov 2013
P. Blewett (UK) - See all my reviews
As a fast introduction to digital SLR it's a good read. It doesn't claim to be anything else, so it does what it says on the tin.