on 30 January 2015
I love Devolo kit. No cable runs around the house - just use your sockets. Tip: accept the speed you get and dont expect 500mbps. 180-190 is fair and is usually down to noise and filters on the line. They work well both with Mac and PC and make a house network setup easily. Download the latest cockpit software for both OS on the Devolo main site. If firmware upgrades are required then they will automatically be carried out in cockpit. Dont forget: change the default network password while in cockpit (it does all Devolo devices on your network at once). Work with 200 and upwards Devolo devices.
on 31 October 2013
After the first adapter made a loud squealing noise, a replacement was issued by Amazon that appears to be quiet, as usual, excellent service. However, the transmission capabilities of this device are;

Ethernet 10/100 (mbps)
Powerline 200/500 (mbps)

My dLAN 500 AVmini adapters are 1.0 Gbps, something to bear in mind if a 1Gbps network is desirable.
on 18 July 2014
Nice neat design and way more reliable (for me) that WiFi.

Whilst the units are quite compact, they are slightly wider than I'd like as they are (just a bit) wider than most plugs. Fine in a double socket, but can restrict what you plug in next to it in a trailing socket.

Works, for me, in a trailing socket - despite the literature saying not to use in that way.

Literally "plug and use". I wish more electronics were so easy to set up.
on 27 October 2015
I ordered these yesterday and they were delivered today, amazing quick service from amazon,, I had a few problems with my WiFi which just kept disconnecting, so decided to try these, I plugged them both into the mains, one for the modem and the other for my computer, I connected the supplied ethernet cables and switched it all on and at the same time disabled the WiFi on the computer, so far it's working just fine, I can recommend these if you have weak or unreliable WiFi.
on 22 June 2015
I have 6 Devolo dLAN adapters which all work well. There is a Mac programme to check on and set up the dLAN network, so you can see which areas work best and change the names and settings of the individual dLAN plugs. Surprisingly you may get very different speeds from sockets in the same room, so its worth checking which are best. This plug feeds 2 TV/Freeview boxes and runs 4K YouTube videos with no problem at all, showing 180MBps transfer within the house.
on 10 July 2015
I love these adapters. I now have 5 around the house, serving my Sky box, WD player, another PC, CCTV and also a WiFi repeater. They just seem to work with no effort on my part. Be sure that you get at least two to start with as you need a master which most people attach to the router.
As you add others, they all 'talk' to the master. Also take care if you are in an old property, or a building with old wiring as these things may not work.
on 7 September 2015
So fed up with the wifi signal dropping out mid-film with my shiny new smart tv that I was driven to find an alternative solution. I was highly dubious of this sort of technology, but touch wood, it has worked perfectly from day one. I've since bought a second set for the tv in the bedroom. This one also has a wifi booster. Booth have significantly reduced the stress count when it comes to technology and the internet. Would highly recommend.
on 31 January 2014
Quick and easy to set up out of the box, works well - obviously you need at least one more unit to go with this one!
on 26 January 2014
I am glad I found these at a great price to upgrade from my old dLAN. My dounload speed is now so much faster.
on 1 September 2015
Already had a set of dLAN 200 powerline kits but the speed was far too low to work in conjunction with my new "Smart TV". WiFI did not work either due to the layout of my property. This purchase cured the problem completely and the "Smart TV" extra functions now all work fine. I simply changed the old 200 unit for a 500 at the master end and placed the other matching 500 unit at TV socket end.