5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it.
Published 10 months ago by alex storm hague

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for heavy usage.
Published 11 months ago by Joan Cecil

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it., 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: H2O Mop X5 Green Steam Mop + Elite Pack by Thane Direct
After seeing many adverts for the H20 mop I finally went for it, along with the elite pack (which gives you a few extras and the harness for easier hand held use). I only wish I had bought it sooner as its so simple to use, brings all surfaces up nice and clean, fresh and streak free (mirrors and tiles look like new) without having to use lots of different chemical cleaners. Great that you don't need to use a detergent with the H20 mop just water, as our other model, vax floor steamer, absolutely stinks as a result of this vax instruction/recommendation not to mention was more expensive with no accessories available. No other steam cleaner compares to the H20 mop. I was also able to use the garment steamer to refresh dry clean only silk dresses (patch tested first) in between full cleans so saved a small fortune in dry cleaning bills. I've seen some other reviews saying that the water runs out quite fast, this is true as it is only a small reservoir but very easy to refill, if anything it lets you see how much water you are using per job rather than having to keep refilling a large bowl of soapy water over and over so you do save on water usage also the cable is more than adequate in length unless your house is of palatial proportions it stretches far enough to go round a large room and then some.
I think I've turned into my mother as I love this product and I actually enjoy cleaning as a result :) Stop procrastinating and just buy it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for heavy usage., 14 Oct 2013
Joan Cecil (Gloucestershire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: H2O Mop X5 Green Steam Mop + Elite Pack by Thane Direct
This mop is lightweight, easy to handle & carry, and delivers quite a good amount of steam. However, if you have , as I do, a large area of tiled floors to clean several times a week it will not last very long. Mine died 17 months after buying, outside the 1 year guarantee. My neighbour, who only uses it for her bathroom tiles, is still steaming away after 3 years. So if you just need an occassional cleaner with lightweight work load, this will probably do. If you have large areas for regular cleaning it wont. By the way, it doesn't clean carpets, just refreshes them, which lasts until the family walk over them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars H20 Mop, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: H2O Mop X5 Green Steam Mop + Elite Pack by Thane Direct
Does exactly what it says. I am very pleased indeed and would recommend to any prospective purchaser. Easy to use and store!

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected more for the price, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: H2O Mop X5 Green Steam Mop + Elite Pack by Thane Direct
I bought this steam mop because

1. I wanted the flexibility of being able to carry out multiple household tasks myself and not rely so much on others to do my cleaning
2. To be able to get maximum cleanliness protection for my family.
3. Eco friendly cleaning, whilst still reducing costs.
4. A system which could be turned on and off and not trigger reliant whilst in use.
5. The use of multiple cleaning attachments.
6. Lightweight, reliable hand-held cleaning attachments.
7. A sturdy and reliable product which was going to last me some time.
8. Good customer service backup from a reliable company.
9. My mother had bought this mop when it first came on the market and had been reasonably happy with it.

I have had my mop now for a few weeks and have tried to test all aspects of the mop and it's attachments.

The mop head is not all it's hyped up to be. Reasonable when cleaning around toilet base but not so good for cleaning round pedestal wash basins. Still necessary to use a cloth on hands and knees. Leaves streaks on my kitchen floor although seems to do a better job on my ceramic tiled floors. Found the lower the setting the less it streaks but not sure how good the cleaning power is at the lower temperatures, particularly in high traffic areas and especially if you have small children running in and out or a dog whose paws have not been cleaned before entering the house. I found it necessary to change the mop cover for each floor. The first time I used it I used a higher temperature setting but found it left the floor quite wet. Solution - put a fresh dry cover on and go over the floor again to mop up the excess moisture. This was meant to be a time-saving product too. I am considering the purchase of Thane's alternative oblong mop head to see if that does a better job.

Having arthritis I personally could not have managed to use the detachable hand-held system without the elite pack attachment holder, although it's by no means perfect. Moves about a lot but does allow use of both hands and the on-off switch far better than a trigger.

On the plus side, the nozzle attachment is great and has the desired effect when used on taps, around toilet bowls and sinks, etc. However it sterilizes and deodorises at high temperature but does not remove stains from kitchen sinks; household cleaners still necessary. Have not however tried the small round brushes but not expecting anything different now.

On the minus side, the window cleaning attachment is a total waste of time, and the TV ads must have been well doctored to get the affects shown. My windows and shower cubicle streaked badly and trying to manoeuvre it inside a cubicle almost impossible. I found the best results were obtained by using the hand-held system without the attachments for windows and tile cleaning and just wipe over with clean dry microfiber cloth. When done like this glass and mirrors came up well. Also applied this in the kitchen.

Be careful when using the head covers. Better to wash first inside out. Ruined a pair of new trousers because the cover was covered in bits when I decided to refresh steam clean them. Big mistake had to take to dry cleaners!!!! Used to refresh my curtains but when I removed the cover floor was absolutely covered in white bits, so had to re-vac and this was supposed to be a time-saving cost-cutting exercise!!!!

I have not as yet tried the duster head but expecting the same results.

I spent weeks looking at quite a few reviews on all the steam mops around and found that they all have plus and minus points and it was impossible to find a 5 star product. It seems to be the luck of the draw, almost impossible to choose between them. I even contacted the manufacturer and asked them how long the life expectancy of the product was and how reliable it was in view of the reviews but, as expected, I didn't get a straight answer. The decision has to be either don't bother or pick the one you think might be OK, be open-minded and try it hoping you have picked the right one. I tried the shark and returned it because I couldn't use the hand-held trigger system and the attachments didn't go anywhere near my kitchen taps, but in actual fact if you only wanted a mop for cleaning the floor this was a far better streak-free finish.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: H2O Mop X5 Green Steam Mop + Elite Pack by Thane Direct
I have been considering buying a steam mop for a long time but my husband convinced me that I didn't need one! I have just retired and have mobility problems so have decided I need to make life easier. My primary reason for buying was to clean the tiles in my bathrooms so I went for this one because it was 5 in one which was a bonus. I studied the reviews and there were good and bad points to all machines so I went for this one because there were videos available on u tube so I could see what I was getting. I haven't been disappointed. My first job was to try it on a carpet that is quite old and grubby looking, which we are about to replace. I normally use a Bissell carpet shampooer but it is so heavy that it wears me out just setting it up. I was extremely pleased at how light this machine is and how it just glides over the carpet. The result was never going to be like new but it did make a huge difference and it felt great knowing that it was sanitised, having 3 indoor cats. I went on to mop a parquet floor in the hall and ceramic tiles in the kitchen. It worked beautifully on every surface and I wasn't completely worn out, which is how I normally feel. The handle does feel a bit wobbly but I'm sure it will be ok. I haven't tried it on the bathroom tiles yet but I'm sure it will make light work of it. Wish I'd bought one years ago!

2.0 out of 5 stars Cleaning, 27 Aug 2013
This review is from: H2O Mop X5 Green Steam Mop + Elite Pack by Thane Direct
It cleans some surfaces but not my floors.The handle is flimsy.When you move the mop around the top flexes.Not very goon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Mop, 30 Aug 2013
GD (Edinburgh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: H2O Mop X5 Green Steam Mop + Elite Pack by Thane Direct
This mop does exactly what it claims. It cleans the floors, freshens the carpets and is a must for the bathrooms. Marks on the shower cubical have now gone and with ease. The accessories are great and the bag keeps everything together in our limited space. The pads are thick and clean up well, I had noticed that some people said they were not thick enough. I bought from Thane Direct and found them good. I think they must have increased the length of the cable as we seem to have lots. A great labour saving device for the whole house and the best part is that my husband seems to like using it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 24 May 2013
This review is from: H2O Mop X5 Green Steam Mop + Elite Pack by Thane Direct
Easy to follow set up instructions, easy to use. Quick to change to handheld tools.

Would recommend for every household

5.0 out of 5 stars x5, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: H2O Mop X5 Green Steam Mop + Elite Pack by Thane Direct
brillent great loved it and the rest of the family loved it to there going to buy one to thank you

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice steamer, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: H2O Mop X5 Green Steam Mop + Elite Pack by Thane Direct
does the job nicely, handle feels flimsy BUT love the versatility of this steamer. Converts to handheld. The elite kit is worth buying : )

H2O Mop X5 Green Steam Mop + Elite Pack by Thane Direct