on 7 October 2013
The latest engine from the King of the Railways film and DVD. Starts out as Stephenson's rocket, and as Stephen becomes the oldest engine on Sodor. A great character with the ability to introduce a little bit of history in to the bargain and another pretext to visit a museum. Have Mattel started to take notice of recent criticism about dumbing down the story lines I wonder? Production has also moved from China to Thailand and this model in particular has a much higher percentage of plastic, and the die-cast metal claim emblazoned on the packaging may be stretching this virtue as a selling point a tad far? Still well made and durable enough I imagine for the relatively short if hard life it will be subjected to. A worthwhile addition to the range.
VINE VOICEon 1 February 2014
I got this for my son's 4th birthday as he really wanted a Stephen after watching the King of the Railway. He loves it and was really happy with it, so I would recommend it for Thomas fans particularly those who enjoyed the new movie
on 17 January 2014
All the items in this series are well made, and child friendly. We saw this item when shopping for a Stephen (King of the railway) model and decided to buy the new Stephen as well. We had bought a Thomas carry case and it wasn't quite full of engines and wagons so got this as an extra stocking filler. Our grandson loves this range as he is a great Thomas fan. Would definately purchase more items from this range and recommend them to you.
on 2 January 2014
I should have read the description but the picture was a bit misleading. It was a lot smaller than I had anticipated it was more like a collectors item rather than a toy for a child to play with.
on 13 November 2013
This is a great new addition to the collection, a different shape to any of the old engine, one of the main characters in the new King of The Railway movie, a must for any Thomas Tank fan!
on 18 May 2014
So my nephew threw it on the wooden floor a couple times when he was in a bad mood but all good and Stephen is still intact. It's pretty small if you haven't bought one before..
on 10 March 2014
Brilliant little train.
Kids love him & he is a favorite of theirs, great that the makers of Thomas the Tank engine are looking at all trains no matter how old!
on 27 January 2014
I searched for this toy for quite a few weeks but thankfully managed to buy at a good price in time for xmas for my little Thomas fan, who was over the moon
on 22 January 2014
My son loves it as part of his take and play collection. Plenty of different engines to choose from. Let's hope they are as durable as the wooden ones.
on 17 December 2013
Item arrived very quickly and in excellent condition. This item is just 1 of many thomas and friends take n play my nephew wanted 4 christmas