5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product
Bought to extend existing Devolo 200 network, which has been running for over a year. Set-up simple and straightforward. Works as promised - good performance and reliability. Highly recommended.
Published 10 months ago by Selsey Bill

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not work on all households.
Published 12 months ago by Gadg3tGal

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 30 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Device as usual from Devolo, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: Devolo dLAN 500 Wi-Fi Adapter (Accessory)
I have a number of Devolo dLan devices but this is th first one to have wi fi. It works really well and utilising BT Infinity I can get much further coverage than with just the Home Hub wi fi.

Theres also a good guarantee on Devolo products - they have just replaced a standard unit for me without any argument.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: Devolo dLAN 500 Wi-Fi Adapter (Accessory)
Does exactly what it says - plug it in, press the button, joins existing Devolo secure network. Config thru the Cockpit is easy of you give the device an IP address and configure it directly - either way very easy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not work on all households., 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Devolo dLAN 500 Wi-Fi Adapter (Accessory)
I already have a dLAN 200 network with 3 devices plugged in which works well. I decided to extend my network by adding a wifi dLAN 500. I plugged it in and although the green wifi light came on, I could detect no wifi signal. I installed the Cockpit app and could see and configure the device settings from there - just no wifi. I emailed Devolo support who said the device must be faulty and to send it back.

Amazon swiftly sent me a replacement but the same problem happened. I could see the adapter in the Cockpit app but no wifi signal was produced.

This time I phoned Devolo support who said that they had had this problem before, and the customer had then tried the dLAN 500 at a friend's house where the wifi signal was immediately available. They advised me to try my adapter out at a friends house to see if I could get wifi by plugging it into somebody else's network but not my own.

I did so (with the friend who had first recommended devolo adapters to me) and the adapter worked perfectly and immediately. Devolo support told me to send the device back as they had no solution to this problem although they were aware of it.

Some wifi adapters just won't send out a signal in some households but they do not know why.

Devolo support suggested that I could try the stronger (and more expensive) dLAN 500 wireless, but after having had to return two dLAN adapters, I decided not to bother.

I have given 3 stars because support for my problem was swift and helpful, but they couldn't resolve the problem. It is a shame because my other devolo adapters are brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally full coverage, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Devolo dLAN 500 Wi-Fi Adapter (Accessory)
Really does cure weak WiFi, sets up a new, named, network connection. Only problem is the 16 digit password written in tiny letters on the inside of the plug. Make sure that you copy it down carefully and keep a handy note of it as it is needed to connect each new device EG Phone, laptop, tablet

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug'n Play, 24 July 2013
This review is from: Devolo dLAN 500 Wi-Fi Adapter (Accessory)
If this works as well and easily for you as it it did/does for me you'll be very happy with your purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Devolo dLAN 500 Wi-Fi Adapter (Accessory)
I already had a number of Devolo homeplugs dotted around the house so this was my first choice when it came to extending the wireless range which was poor on one side of the house.

The adapter is simple to set up and works flawlessly. I set my iphone and ipad to connect to this adapter and it's seamless, the devices now connect to which ever wi-fi signal is strongest - if I'm in the lounge they will connect to the Devolo Wi-fi adapter, if I'm in the dining room they will connect to the main BT hub.

Simple and effective.

4.0 out of 5 stars a wifi signal everywhere, at last, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Devolo dLAN 500 Wi-Fi Adapter (Accessory)
This is really easy to install; however, I hadn't realised that you also need the Devolo dLAN 500 Duo Plus Adapter, which needs to be connected to your router first. Now that I have installed both, there's wifi everywhere in the house.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT any good, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Devolo dLAN 500 Wi-Fi Adapter (Accessory)
Poorly manufactured with push buttons that get stuck and useless instructions - no better than existing router ........ waste of money!

3.0 out of 5 stars Work but very pricey., 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Devolo dLAN 500 Wi-Fi Adapter (Accessory)
I bought this to match other components on an existing home network only to minimise compatibility issues. It does no more than other wifi adapters half the price. Seriously overpriced.

Devolo dLAN 500 Wi-Fi Adapter