5.0 out of 5 stars Mesmeric (but not strange), 2 May 2013
This review is from: Lexus (Kindle Edition)
This is the writer's debut compilation of poems and thoughts, covering a diverse range of themes, from the passage of time, to loss and longing as well as elements of dream-like fantasy. The tone is often contemplative and self analytical, briefly opening windows into the mind that steers the pen (or keyboard these days). Great use of imagery and language throughout, perhaps future volumes could benefit from accompanying illustrations or photography married up to the subject matter of the verses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lexus by Vanessa Todd - a sublime and fresh talent showcased in her new compilation of heartfelt poems, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Lexus (Kindle Edition)
Such wonderful imagery, a great inner depth that surfaces in her words creating a path for our thoughts and feelings to dance upon, to share, to wonder, to set us free, to rejoice and enjoy by her side…

Original, thought provoking, moving; Vanessa Todd creates from her heart a mystic and mesmeric world then invites us to walk with her to show and share with us the things that have touched her the deepest.

From Dark to Light and all shades in between. Read. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic Moments, 30 April 2013
This review is from: Lexus (Kindle Edition)
There are some books that you devour and others that you savour. This was the latter for me. I found myself reading and then reflecting, soaking in the words and turning them over in my head.

Vanessa takes you on a journey through captured moments in time making a connection with her readers.

The title poem, Lexus was my favourite but it was so hard to pick just one...

Hope this is the first of many more collections! Bravo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice book of poems., 19 April 2013
This review is from: Lexus (Kindle Edition)
Vanessa Todd is a very hard working colleague of mine. Please download her excellent book. You will not regret it

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read throughout, 16 April 2013
This review is from: Lexus (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this compilation - each poem was different and I have my favourites such as Mesmeric Stranger and Arcane Labyrinth. I really could picture each verse clearly in my head because the descriptions used were vivid. An excellent first book of poetry - well done!

Lexus