on 28 April 2013
Excellent idea, a modern uptake on learning by masking it fun for pupils to learn without them realising. Also trains the eye too
on 10 January 2015
The app itself is good, as a previous review mentions, it's only a quiz which flips between bass and treble clef, but I personally found that helpful as I need drilling on flipping between the two. It would be better if the sound accompanying a correct answer corresponded to the exact note; as it is it goes from C to B, but a middle C gets the same sound as a high C and a low C. This gets a bit disconcerting when the quiz goes from a lower note to a higher, but the sound goes higher to lower. It is perfectly acceptable in a free app, though.

What bothers me most and is the reason I removed this from my kindle, is it's insistence on opening the app when you wake the kindle, unless you kill the app in the background. This is unacceptable. There is no reason why an app of this sort should need to have this obnoxious behaviour. I could live with it if there were some way of changing this in the settings, although I really don't think I should need to, but there isn't even that. I don't know why the developer included this, maybe they thought it would increase viewing of the ads for free app users, but if this is the case then it has backfired; I cannot view ads from an app I refuse to have on my device. Should this be changed in the app I would be quite happy to download it in the future.
on 30 December 2013
For years and years I've always struggled to learn theory out of a book and I've just spent about an hour practising with this app and I got it! Thank you, thank you THANK YOU!!!!!
I am trying to teach myself music and have found this little app to be helpful on the Kindle. I think I need a bit more tuition and practice but it's helping me get there after a short time.
A useful app if you want to learn about music notation on the move with your Kindle.
on 15 January 2015
A few minutes a day over a couple of weeks has really improved my note recognition. I don't need to be able to read music fluently but just being able to pick out notes quickly if I'm scanning some music for reference is great.
on 8 June 2014
It's just a quiz. You do not seem to have the choice between base clef or treble clef so there is an awful lot of irrelevant guesswork. . Not really very helpful, I'm afraid.
on 9 July 2014
This app was great for me as I could already read the treble clef but had to learn the bass clef for theory. I now know them both thanks to this handy app!
on 1 March 2014
Easy to use, very quick at downloading, top artists/songs and they email you regularly with more offers and updates on new music.
on 26 December 2014
Seems to have some malware associated with it
on 14 July 2014
First class for teaching music thank you