5.0 out of 5 stars Great
This book was great

I am 12yrs old and I wanted a manual camera for my birthday, but my dad said that I didn't know how to use one, so I read this book and its taught me a lot! And for a great price too!
Published 8 months ago by Alice d

3.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant read
Basic stuff, well written and easy to read in a single session.

I am sure that I shall return to it for reference.

Yes you can get something worthwhile for nothing.
Published 11 months ago by Chris Bowles

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Beginner's Digital SLR Crash Course: Complete guide to mastering digital photography basics, understanding exposure, and taking better pictures. (Kindle Edition)
This book was great

5.0 out of 5 stars At last- Simply explained., 26 Jan 2014
I have read several books on photography and have been confused by way too much information. This is perfect for the beginner. Enough information to get you finally off manual and understanding how to take better photographs and know how your camera works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Beginings, 20 Jan 2014
Very good and consise easy to understand booklet to enable a good start to DSLR, would highly recommend to someone just picking a DSLR for the first time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good start, 27 Dec 2013
I have had my bridge camera for a while now and although I think I have taken some good pictures before I move to a new camera I need to learn more about iso f stop and the like this book has explained in enough detail without overloading and given me more confidence to try out more manually composed shots

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolutely perfect book for beginners!, 23 May 2014
I haven't really been doing photography for long, just as a hobby really, however i've been shooting on auto mode since I started.

Speaking with photographer friends when I show them my photo's, they respond with things like "your exposure is too high", "Look at the noise!" & the worst one "WHAT? AUTO MODE?!?!?"

This book absolutely blew me away, in 45 minutes I learned SO much.

I live by a general rule, don't learn to 'do', learn to understand, because if you understand you can 'do' better.

This book helped me understand everything that's going on with my camera. I would very much recommend this to anyone struggling to get out of auto mode...

You can even start to sound like a pro when you understand the terminology!

Thanks to the author, a true inspiration and great teacher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Jan 2014
Exactly what it says, clear, easy to understand, perfect for a beginner!!! Aimed at Nikon at Canon users, but useful for everyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant read, 6 Oct 2013
Basic stuff, well written and easy to read in a single session.

I am sure that I shall return to it for reference.

Yes you can get something worthwhile for nothing.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 3 Oct 2013
just what was needed short consise practical information to get you going. Well written I would buy more from this author

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I needed!, 10 May 2014
I've recently entered the world of DSLR photography so I'm a complete novice to it all. This book helped clear up a lot of questions I had from you tube tutorials. My only criticism is it's too short!

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, 26 Mar 2014
Immensely useful but too short! Approach set at a good level and explained a few of the features of my camera