on 31 August 2013
Couldn't believe how much it cost! All of the Oz books for Kindle! So many great stories which take me back to my childhood! The land of Oz still thrills!
on 15 February 2016
Really great to have the whole collection as one inexpensive Kindle file. I loved getting to see the original illustrations for The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, which really makes this collection great. Given the number of books in the collection, it does mean that you don't get to see the time statistics for reading each chapter within a book, as the individual books are set up as 'chapters' instead and then have their own chapters as the next level down from that (bookmarks or something); however, as the books are not all that long to read, it is not a big deal.
Haven't yet read all of the books in this collection, but have read several of them. Having seen all of the major Oz films that have been released (The Wizard of Oz, Return to Oz, Oz the Great and Powerful) it is nice to see where all of the elements come from and also how the films were adapted from the original books.
Sometimes the author's comments are a little odd, because it's more like he's being a storyteller talking directly to the children reading the book and referring to things they would know, but overall the books are charming. Of course, also they were written over 100 years ago and hold various social biases (the description of the revolution led by the army of girls is quite politically incorrect for example) but I found them enjoyable.
on 20 October 2013
This was bought as a surprise for a friend, thoroughly enjoyable. Had not realised the film was a series of short stories
on 25 November 2013
historical delve - if you are thinking of the Judy Garland type version, this isnt it, but I loved the original so I thoroughly recommend this to you.
on 11 January 2014
Great edition at a bargain price. Lovely story which had my three keen to hear more. Looking forward to wading our way through the rest of the books.
on 29 September 2013
Found out so many things about Oz that I never knew, like that the shoes are silver not the red they are in the film.
Brilliant collection of the Oz tales written by Baum.
Thoroughly enjoyable. Would recommend these stories to everyone! So well written and funny.
on 2 December 2013
I bought this on the recomendations on Amazon and would recomend this book to any body with children, I had no idea that there were so many other stories, my grand daughter loves the stories,
on 24 November 2013
I purchased this set of books for my daughter, she absolutely loves them and what amazing value they were. I would highly recommend buying these.
on 9 June 2013
These are an old favourite of mine, I have read so many times and will read many more!
I recommend this to anybody who loves a fairytale!
on 19 December 2013
Wizard of Oz, and the magical world involved.. but does anyone think that Dorothy might have some sort of problem with passing out all the time?