5.0 out of 5 stars Minimalistically Excellent
I'd never heard of Gabrielle Aplin until a recent flight with Emirates where I stumbled upon her album by pure chance on their ICE system. I'm really glad I did.

Gabrielle has an absolutely captivating voice and the tracks on this album are soothing and enchantingly beautiful. Her album occasionally put me in the mind of Jose Gonzales and Ellie Goulding both...
Published 12 months ago by Honest Chap's Reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
I heard Gabrielle Aplin do a solo on Radio 4 one Saturday afternoon and Really enjoyed it. I purchased this album as an mp3 download the following Monday. That was a couple of months ago now and to be honest I've only played it twice so not that great..
Published 11 months ago by Andy J

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 July 2013
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: English Rain (Audio CD)
The track listing only shows 12 tracks, but another song (Take me away) is appended to the end of the last track after a very long pause. Among those 13 songs, all but one are originals. The cover is of The power of love - not the oft-covered song originally co-written and a European hit for Jennifer Rush, but the Frankie Goes To Hollywood song. I like both (and a few other completely different songs titled The power of love) but I don't recall hearing another cover of the FGTH song before, so I'm glad that Gabrielle recorded it.

The track Please don't say you love me (featured in the compilation Young folks) attracted me to Gabrielle's music, so I was pleased to find that it is typical of the album. All the original songs are about relationships, mostly but not all sad. However, there are no extremes of emotions here, so nobody should feel depressed after listening to the album.

This is a high quality album from which it is hard to pick favourites. The two songs I was already familiar with before buying the CD are brilliant but do not stand out, which is a compliment to the rest of the album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 11 Aug 2014
Tony (West Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: English Rain (Audio CD)
Everything you would expect from of of the most talented new singers around. I've played it over and over!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot stuff !, 19 Aug 2014
This review is from: English Rain (Audio CD)
Brilliant cd. If you like love song type stuff, get it. Beautiful voice, talented artist.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love her version of The Power Of Love, 24 Aug 2014
This review is from: English Rain (MP3 Download)
Gabrielle's voice is refreshingly unique. I love her version of The Power Of Love!

4.0 out of 5 stars gabrielle aplin, 17 July 2014
This review is from: English Rain (Audio CD)
not a bad disc, but not very well known artist,,,,,,,,

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 July 2014
This review is from: English Rain (Audio CD)
Fast delivery and excellent price! Good listening cd

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 22 Oct 2013
Andy J (W Midlands UK) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars bit disappointed, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: English Rain (Audio CD)
After hearing a couple of her songs i was expecting a bit more from this album. Beautiful voice but all songs begin to sound very similar after a while. Needs more variety.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good songs, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: English Rain (Audio CD)
I have enjoyed this CD but do find that there is not enough range in Gabrielle's voice. Still playing it though.

4.0 out of 5 stars IT NEVER RAINS BUT IT POURS, 9 July 2013
This review is from: English Rain (MP3 Download)
A splendiferous offering from Ms Aplin and one which returns to the traditional simple but satisfying combination of beautiful voice, good simplistic guitar playing and quality material, This album has all 3 in spades but occasionally falls down on the strength of the material. As the rest is so good, this can be forgiven and I have to say that it ranks as one of my favourite offerings of 2013 to date.
Play the samples on Amazon and you'll see what I mean and as sure as night follows day ...................you'll buy it!!

English Rain