5.0 out of 5 stars Deserves to be a classic in everyone's collection, 9 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Vicissitude (Audio CD)
This album is simply stunning. There is not one bad track. This is one of those rare albums where you can hear that the musician has had their eureka moment and nailed their craft to produce something really very special. The artist James Chapman was 'in the zone' when he created this album. It has hints of New Order and Beloved, is rich in layers like the Stone Roses debut album, but really it has a sound that is uniquely its own. Each track is a multi-layered journey, and divulges new hidden depths each time you listen. I've gone from absolutely adoring certain tracks, thinking wow I've found my favourite track, to completely changing my mind to other tracks on each and every listen. The first four tracks were my favourite now it's the last four. The whole album is that good. The testament to how good this album is is my girlfriend. We were listening to the album on a long four hour car journey. She normally says change the CD after we have listened to it once - even when she likes what she's listening to. For the whole four hours she never asked to change the CD, she listened to Vicissitude over and over and over again and when I asked if she'd like to change the CD she said no, I'm happy with what we are listing to she said. This album is a classic - and I'm really not exaggerating. I hope people discover this album, it takes off by word of mouth, gets heard and Maps gets the recognition they (James Chapman) richly deserve. Absolutely brilliant - trust me, just buy this album. This is one of my favourite albums ever and it will be listened to regularly. An album of the decade. And a cure for tolerating Sunday drivers - I'm quite content listening to this album and taking my time :-).

5.0 out of 5 stars Jackpot again, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Vicissitude (Audio CD)
Maps just gets better and better, all his work is consistently outstanding but this album sets the bar even higher with some truly brilliant tracks particularly A.M.A and Left behind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound waves, 26 Sept. 2013
E. R. Hartley "Axel North" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vicissitude (Audio CD)
Fantastic album and a real return to form. Maps debut album was one of the best ever made and this is right up there with that classic. Beautiful beats and melodies building to glorious choruses and electronic washes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album!, 24 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Vicissitude (Audio CD)
I like the old style synths, kind of like early 80s but still novel. Fell good music, great to drive to. This guy could make a brilliant soundtrack to The Never-ending Story 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars great electronic leftfield pop CD., 1 Dec. 2014
N. Lawrence (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vicissitude (Audio CD)
Great CD, as a Mute/DM fan this is right up my street.

5.0 out of 5 stars exellent, 30 July 2013
Cormac Keane "Cormac" (Cape Town) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vicissitude (Audio CD)
Long overdue, no track disappoints, not so long next time please for the next album, roll up and take a bow mr maps.

Vicissitude
Vicissitude by Maps (Audio CD - 2013)