on 7 November 2013
My wife and I have been meaning to upgrade to a plasma from our old crt tv for about 5 years. I should say that the crt was excellent but was getting on at over 13 years!

We finally got around to it when we were in a shop in Vienna. We'd already decided on Panasonic from reading various reviews, and my brother in law had had one for a few years. We looked at various models and settled on this one because of the picture quality, and the 3 hdmi connectors as well as the scart link.

We ordered this model on our return (the uk version of the one we'd seen in Vienna). Delivery was quick, within about 3 days of the order being placed and i got it unpacked and set up, and connected our pvr (humax), our dvd/vhs recorder and our bluray (we'd gone potty and bought a multi region player). The dvd and the bluray are both panasonic. We' d also bought a panasonic soundbar, having been warned by my bro in law !

The variety of setup options and screen controls might be a bit intimidating when you are used to a crt, but the manual is good and the presets are fine to get you up and running until you work out the fine tuning to suit your preferences.

The screen quality is excellent and hd really brings a picture to life! We have yet to try 3D. You do get 1 pair or glasses in the box, but right now we don't have a 3D disc! The sound from the tv speakers is not bad, but the soundbar really makes a difference. If you have sound coming through the tv speakers and then switch the bar on, you REALLY notice the difference, so,I would strongly recommend you buy one.

The tv is light enough that i was able to get it out of the box and set it up by myself, and certainly was MUCH lighter than the crt it replaced, which took 2 of us to load into the car and take to the dump. You also get panasonics scart adaptor as the tv is too slim to accommodate a scart socket, and the adaptor works very well. Subjectively, the picture through the adaptor seems a bit better than through the old tv's scart socket, but that may be placebo effect.

The remote is easy to operate, and the viera link seems to work well, especially controlling the soundbar.

So far, this seems to be an excellent tv and we are both extremely happy with it and very glad that we bought it. The picture quality is excellent, the tv looks very good in the living room.