5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album
This is the third Fall Out Boy album I have bought and I think it is by far the best. It has a range of songs that live up to Fall Out Boy standards, or maybe even better! I gave it this rating because I just can't stop listening to the album it is just that good. I would recommend buying it.
Published 9 months ago by Philippa White

3.0 out of 5 stars Different
Different to my usual taste in music but enjoyable all the same. Different to my usual taste in music but enjoyable all the same.
Published 10 months ago by ardee62

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 24 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 4 Oct 2013
This review is from: Save Rock & Roll (Audio CD)
An album that takes a little time to grow on you, but after a few times around.....absolutely fantastic! Worth every penny...highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: Save Rock & Roll (Audio CD)
I love fall out boy and I must say they have come back well! Not like their old stuff but I really like it

4.0 out of 5 stars Fall Out Boy are back!, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Save Rock & Roll (Audio CD)
Let me start by saying (fairly obviously) that this album is a must for any FOB fan.

The album continues the transition in style from early punky FOB to the style found on Folie a deux but still with all the original power and punch from the band early on.

The only reason I haven't given it the full five is that the second half of the album is not nearly as good as the first. The first five tracks from 'The Phoenix' to 'Just One Yesterday' are great with the last having a new very distinctive sound! They have all the youthful energy and I like the style of the drum n bass in your face! The tracks make me feel real young and as if I'm back at a festival out in the sun....which I'm not.

Like I say the rest of the album is not as good but still well worth listening to and Patrick's voice is great!

1.0 out of 5 stars Repackaged Album?!, 28 Oct 2013
Firstly, let me just say that I am a huge fan of this band and the main album is a 5 star album all the way!

Pretty much every one of the songs on the first disc could be a single, another change in sound from Folie A Deux.

I do agree with another reviewer that the production leaves something to be desired however.

Really with all releases of this type it's a bit of a middle finger to all the fans that pre ordered the album and waited with baited breath as I did myself. As previously mentioned the main album is great as far as the first 11 tracks go.

Now the bad bit.....

The re release of the album including the Pax Am Days E.P........ Why? Every fan that wants to collect ltd editions by their favourite band will want to have this but the 8 songs on this disc are truly awful, shocking production, poorly written and each one barely more than a minute and a half in length.

If you think I'm being harsh they are readily available online to check out, listen for yourselves. Even Patrick Stump's fantastic voice can't save those songs from the absolute shambles they are.

I am well aware that when Fall Out Boy began they were Punk/Hardcore before their first release but c'mon guys really?

Maybe it's the record company trying to get more money?

If you already have the album don't waste your money, if you must have the extra songs the I would suggest downloading them because it really wasn't worth the pressing of a CD for them.

It really pains me to be so negative about such a good band (one of my favourites) but I felt that I must put something in writing for others to read. I'm sure some may disagree.

As I say the main album is 5 Star all the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, great band., 8 Oct 2013
Ms. C. V. Murphy (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Save Rock & Roll (Audio CD)
I am a new fan of the band. I've always known who they were and I listened to them a couple of times back before the hiatus, but only started listening to them properly and becoming a big fan when they came back earlier in the year.

The first song I heard was My Songs and I thought it was catchy. This made me listen to their earlier stuff and I thought to myself that My Songs was a lot different to their old stuff. But it was still pretty good. The I listened to Phoenix and couldn't wait for the new album.

When Save Rock & Roll came out I loved My Songs and The Phoenix because I had already heard them a couple of times, but it did take a couple of listens to enjoy the other songs. Now I have my favourites. They are The Phoenix, Just One Yesterday Alone Together and Miss Missing You. The rest of the songs are enjoyable and there isn't one that I don't like.

I was lucky enough to get tickets for their intimate show in London this November. It will be my first time seeing the band live and I can't wait to hear some of these songs live.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 20 Sep 2013
Swan (Swansea, Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Save Rock & Roll (Audio CD)
I bought this after buying Infinity On High. It's very good, especially The Phoenix. I think that I need to listen to it a bit more to be able to give a proper review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fall Out Boy set the Bar!, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: Save Rock & Roll (Audio CD)
If you don't buy anything else this year, then get this! FOB at their absolute BEST! Absolutely brilliant - every song a gem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Return, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Save Rock & Roll (Audio CD)
Pete and Pat prove that the whole is better than the sum of its parts. After a break to explore (under whelming) solo experiences this is a welcome return for FOB. It seems the break did them good. Not ones to be stuck in a rut their music continues to evolve with a nod to several modern genres. Most of the songs are heavily produced in a sort of Phil Spector wall of sound way, but are none the worse for it my opinion. Packed with the usual catchy tongue twisting tunes that you can't shake off, every song is strong with little filler. Once again I am impressed with FOB's consistent quality and both old and new fans will not be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Different, 11 Sep 2013

Save Rock & Roll [VINYL]
Save Rock & Roll [VINYL] by Fall Out Boy (Vinyl - 2013)