on 10 January 2012
I was reluctant at first to purchase this book as one of my course colleagues insisted it was only for A-Level students. However, after reading numerous reviews I was persuaded to buy it. It arrived today and the assumption my colleague made in regards of it being a 'A-Level book' is completely false. It is THE reference book in psychology with every core concept in psychology covered. And what is more, even though it covers the vast majority of core topics, it does not comprimise in detail. There are also excellent illustrations in the text which I'm sure will appeal to the 'visual' learners with very clear and concise captions. As this is the latest edition it is very contemporary and up to date with modern psychology. And lastly, the front-cover ain't bad either.
on 4 October 2012
I knew Richard Gross as a teacher at a London College. He was an exceptional teacher. He had just published the first edition of The Science of Mind and Behaviour at the time.., and it quickly became popular. I still have it now (it helped me occasionally in Uni as well). Now my 16 year old son is studying Psychology at AS level and I will be buying the latest edition for him. I have no doubt that it will be as useful to him as the original edition was to me.

How often is an author able to produce a multigenerational study aid book of this type?
on 17 March 2013
Psychology- The Science on Mind and Behaviour is pretty much the bible for anyone studying Psychology at a degree level. I have rated it 4 stars because it covers literally everything that I have studied however it does not go into very much detail within each topic. This is defiantly a very useful book, which is great to use as a starting point for anyone studying interested or studying Psychology.
on 7 January 2011
Essential for any psychology student, this book offers an overview of all of the basics, in-depth information of the important bits . If your reading list for your course lists this book, I'd suggest buying a copy for yourself as it's likely to be in high demand at the university library.
on 20 May 2015
If you are confused as to which psychology book to get then look no further! This book is like the Psychology Bible! It has nearly everything in it. It has snippets of info on so many subjects within Psychology. Of course if you are studying just one specific part (sociology) then buy a more in depth Social Psychology book. I know someone said it has little definitions in the book but I would say that if you cannot do little enough research as to find a definition hen perhaps psychology is not the right course for you :-)
Seriously out of all the books I purchased this one has been dragged out for nearly every assignment that I have done! BUY IT!!!
on 1 July 2014
I bought this book during A-Level psychology and continued to use it during my degree in the same subject. It offers a good starting point for understanding a topic.

The book is divided into 7 parts: the nature and scope of psychology, the biological basis of behaviour and experience, cognitive psychology, social psychology, developmental psychology, individual differences and issues and debates.
Each subtopic has diagrams, pictures, key points and studies. I particularly like the Ask Yourself questions which encourage you to think about the information given rather than just accept it.

This book is one of the first places I go to if I’m about to start work on a topic as it offers a broad overview. It offers concise and easy to understand information for getting to grips with a topic as a whole.

I’d recommend to A-Level psychology students who are looking to get a bit ahead of their classmates, or undergraduates who want a great reference for any topic they might possibly encounter.
on 20 January 2012
Excellent! Great for home study or referencing alongside college courses. It is a BIG book so i am getting through it slowly, but i would definitely recommend it to anyone with a real interest in learning about psychology.
on 19 August 2011
Why on earth is Gross not available on Kindle? Gross is one of the bestselling academic books. Core textbooks like this and, for example, Giddens on Sociology should be available electronically. I despair of the vast library of nonsense and self-help tripe you have available. C'mon Amazon and Kindle, get your act together for the enormous market in students and academics who don't want to carry around tomes but want the most highly regarded, up-to-date textbooks available electronically.
on 2 January 2014
It is absolutely great.
Currently studying A Level Psychology and it has everything that I need + even more!
As someone with a keen interest in Psychology it is a great book for me!
on 28 September 2012
Ive just ordered the book and Im very concerned about these 17 missing pages.
Would someone please post which pages are missing so that I can check?

Many thanks in advance